+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Freecell P.O.S.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Freecell P.O.S.

Anybody else noticed how Microsoft has dumbed-down Freecell on Vista ??

Just ripped off 500 wins in a row with no losses.

Wonder why mr. softie did this ??
    Attached Images Attached Images
    We are the 32-Crew.

baw011, Beauxier Dawg, BRdawg81, Champ967, ChipDog, Cool Hand Clyde, Dawgmatic, Dawgpix, dawg78, dawgs1, DellDawg, DFM, DogtorEvil, DQDawg, glm47, Guisslapp, HogDawg, JAB, kw2292, maddawg, marketdawg, mildawg, nadB, qng001, rangerdawg, RhinoDawg (Chugalug Champion), shreveportdawg, Slackdog, SteveyTI, stuee, Vdog, Wassaki20.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Re: Freecell P.O.S.

I don't have a "wow" that is "wow" enough to describe the kind of amazed I am at the bored you must be to have played 500 straight games of Freecell. I hope Mrs. nadB occassionally waters you and turns you to the sun, .
    "No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness."
    - Aristotle

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

It must be the same with all the Windows games.

I'm a 4 suit Spider Solitare player and I'm at a 17% win rate there. On the XP machine it was more like 5%.

Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    Anybody else noticed how Microsoft has dumbed-down Freecell on Vista ??

Just ripped off 500 wins in a row with no losses.

Wonder why mr. softie did this ??
    What are the odds of playing 500 games without hitting a bomb on the first click?

I haven't played at all on Vista but the only thing that ever stopped me using XP and prior Windows was bombs in the corners that I hit on the first click. Don't they put bombs in the corners now?

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    What are the odds of playing 500 games without hitting a bomb on the first click?

I haven't played at all on Vista but the only thing that ever stopped me using XP and prior Windows was bombs in the corners that I hit on the first click. Don't they put bombs in the corners now?
    Howard, are you thinking of Minesweeper ?? FreeCell is a card game; no bombs to click on. Or, none that I've ever encountered.

??
    We are the 32-Crew.

baw011, Beauxier Dawg, BRdawg81, Champ967, ChipDog, Cool Hand Clyde, Dawgmatic, Dawgpix, dawg78, dawgs1, DellDawg, DFM, DogtorEvil, DQDawg, glm47, Guisslapp, HogDawg, JAB, kw2292, maddawg, marketdawg, mildawg, nadB, qng001, rangerdawg, RhinoDawg (Chugalug Champion), shreveportdawg, Slackdog, SteveyTI, stuee, Vdog, Wassaki20.

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    It must be the same with all the Windows games.

I'm a 4 suit Spider Solitare player and I'm at a 17% win rate there. On the XP machine it was more like 5%.
    I've played FreeCell off-and-on for years on a number of different Windows O/S's. After developing/refining my tactics, I could score a 97%-99% win rate consistently on XP. What they did with Vista was to expand the Undo feature, so I guess you never have to lose ??

I think it sucks, so I won't be playing FreeCell any more. I was kinda tired of it anyhow. :icon_wink:

(Oh, and A/G, I didn't do the 500 wins in a row in one "sitting" )
    We are the 32-Crew.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    Howard, are you thinking of Minesweeper ?? FreeCell is a card game; no bombs to click on. Or, none that I've ever encountered.

??
    Yep, I was thinking of Minesweeper. I guess I need to play more games so I can be better informed.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Try Spider solitare. On Easy, you should win every game without really trying.

On medium, you should win at least 75% of them.

On hard, if you can win 20% of the games, then you're the TOP DAWG.

Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute tenacious_dog's Avatar

Deleted
    Last edited by tenacious_dog; 04-07-2009 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Maybe I wigged out a little there.

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Try Spider solitare. On Easy, you should win every game without really trying.

On medium, you should win at least 75% of them.

On hard, if you can win 20% of the games, then you're the TOP DAWG.
    Dude, you have got to be kidding ??

Had some spare time last Sunday afternoon, so I had a go at it.

Played around a while to try to get the hang of it (advanced setting), and then reset the game counter to zero. Won five games in a row; no losses. Got 2 suits down on game 6, but had to leave; so I shut it down and booked a loss, even though I'd have prob eventually won that one, too.

Realized I didn't have any proof (didn't bother to take pics), so a while ago I had it deal game 7 so I could take pics with my phone camera. Went ahead and played it out and won game 7.

Best I remem, that put me at 85% wins, counting the "forfeit" game # 6.

I never bothered with spider solitaire before, but this is just too dang easy.

I call Spider Solitaire a P.O.S.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nadB; 07-19-2009 at 11:59 PM.
    We are the 32-Crew.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post

I had way too much experience with Minesweeper. I never hit a mine on the first move. I thought that they "gave" that one to you every time. And I would always go with a corner as my first move.

+ Reply to Thread