+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Freecell P.O.S.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Freecell P.O.S.

Anybody else noticed how Microsoft has dumbed-down Freecell on Vista ??

Just ripped off 500 wins in a row with no losses.

Wonder why mr. softie did this ??
    Attached Images Attached Images

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Re: Freecell P.O.S.

I don't have a "wow" that is "wow" enough to describe the kind of amazed I am at the bored you must be to have played 500 straight games of Freecell. I hope Mrs. nadB occassionally waters you and turns you to the sun, .

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

It must be the same with all the Windows games.

I'm a 4 suit Spider Solitare player and I'm at a 17% win rate there. On the XP machine it was more like 5%.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    Anybody else noticed how Microsoft has dumbed-down Freecell on Vista ??

Just ripped off 500 wins in a row with no losses.

Wonder why mr. softie did this ??
    What are the odds of playing 500 games without hitting a bomb on the first click?

I haven't played at all on Vista but the only thing that ever stopped me using XP and prior Windows was bombs in the corners that I hit on the first click. Don't they put bombs in the corners now?

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    What are the odds of playing 500 games without hitting a bomb on the first click?

I haven't played at all on Vista but the only thing that ever stopped me using XP and prior Windows was bombs in the corners that I hit on the first click. Don't they put bombs in the corners now?
    Howard, are you thinking of Minesweeper ?? FreeCell is a card game; no bombs to click on. Or, none that I've ever encountered.

??

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    It must be the same with all the Windows games.

I'm a 4 suit Spider Solitare player and I'm at a 17% win rate there. On the XP machine it was more like 5%.
    I've played FreeCell off-and-on for years on a number of different Windows O/S's. After developing/refining my tactics, I could score a 97%-99% win rate consistently on XP. What they did with Vista was to expand the Undo feature, so I guess you never have to lose ??

I think it sucks, so I won't be playing FreeCell any more. I was kinda tired of it anyhow. :icon_wink:

(Oh, and A/G, I didn't do the 500 wins in a row in one "sitting" )

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    Howard, are you thinking of Minesweeper ?? FreeCell is a card game; no bombs to click on. Or, none that I've ever encountered.

??
    Yep, I was thinking of Minesweeper. I guess I need to play more games so I can be better informed.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Try Spider solitare. On Easy, you should win every game without really trying.

On medium, you should win at least 75% of them.

On hard, if you can win 20% of the games, then you're the TOP DAWG.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Deleted
    Last edited by tenacious_dog; 04-07-2009 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Maybe I wigged out a little there.

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Try Spider solitare. On Easy, you should win every game without really trying.

On medium, you should win at least 75% of them.

On hard, if you can win 20% of the games, then you're the TOP DAWG.
    Dude, you have got to be kidding ??

Had some spare time last Sunday afternoon, so I had a go at it.

Played around a while to try to get the hang of it (advanced setting), and then reset the game counter to zero. Won five games in a row; no losses. Got 2 suits down on game 6, but had to leave; so I shut it down and booked a loss, even though I'd have prob eventually won that one, too.

Realized I didn't have any proof (didn't bother to take pics), so a while ago I had it deal game 7 so I could take pics with my phone camera. Went ahead and played it out and won game 7.

Best I remem, that put me at 85% wins, counting the "forfeit" game # 6.

I never bothered with spider solitaire before, but this is just too dang easy.

I call Spider Solitaire a P.O.S.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nadB; 07-19-2009 at 10:59 PM.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post

I had way too much experience with Minesweeper. I never hit a mine on the first move. I thought that they "gave" that one to you every time. And I would always go with a corner as my first move.

+ Reply to Thread