+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SGA president candidate

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: SGA president candidate

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    How has his sports promoting been? If he hasn't been good at promoting sports, what makes anyone think he'd be good at presiding over the SGA?
    I don't know what kind of job Baker has done this year, but according to this article in the Tech Talk from 9/18/2008, the Sports Promotion budget (including the Spirit of 88) saw the largest cut in funding as a result of the SGA budget cuts this year.

Tech Talk article

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Their proposal is a little better than the Will guy. I like the digital sign project proposal. It's a great way to advertise and also can be used as an alert system.
    The project is already underway. The SGA received a $93,000 grant earlier this year for the LCD screens across campus. They selected a company and are working to link the LCD screens with the Emergency Notification System.
    Allison may have been on the board and sat in the meetings, but the SGA Treasurer Jared Regan wrote the grant for the funding. There's no word as to how much Allison had in the actual project, though.

Tech Talk Article (1/23/2009)

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    Yeh, I graduated in 04 and I agree. It will just become impossible to accomodate everyone. Just cap it at 2000 and come up with something different. The idea is classic and is very unique, but it just wont be possible to keep doing it.
    what the f..... They can do it for the first 100 years but can't keep doing it.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    what the f..... They can do it for the first 100 years but can't keep doing it.

I would venture to guess that we had more graduates in 2004, then Tech had the first 60 years of existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Here's the other candidate:
    http://www.votereynoldslafleur2009.com/

Basic summary of Allison and Emily's platform:
    1. Open lines of communication to discuss problems
    2. Not much in terms of specific solutions to problems
    3. Tech Express off-campus would be neat, no specific solutions mentioned
    4. Student organizations should serve the community more
    5. We should have a Unity Week because all our students are prejudiced
    6. Everyone should be allowed to participate at Homecoming
    7. We need multilingual signs and menus at Tech
    Also, there is a lot of emphasis on communication, community, and "unity", but no detailed solutions to problems.
    Money quote: "This job is not about a title, it is about working daily to serve our student body to the best of my abilities."

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    Basic summary of Allison and Emily's platform:
    1. Open lines of communication to discuss problems
    2. Not much in terms of specific solutions to problems
    3. Tech Express off-campus would be neat, no specific solutions mentioned
    4. Student organizations should serve the community more
    5. We should have a Unity Week because all our students are prejudiced
    6. Everyone should be allowed to participate at Homecoming
    7. We need multilingual signs and menus at Tech
    Also, there is a lot of emphasis on communication, community, and "unity", but no detailed solutions to problems.
    Money quote: "This job is not about a title, it is about working daily to serve our student body to the best of my abilities."
    This all sounds too familiar.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by roughedge View Post
    There are more parking spaces on the main campus than ever before. I was one of the dreaded student ticket writers from 1975-1977 and the campus has way more parking spots now than then. .
    So it was you huh??? You can run but you can't hide! :icon_wink:

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Found on Allison's "Unity on Campus" page:
    "In a meeting in November, we decided that there is large problem on our campus with segregation and predujices still run rampant through the veins of our students."

Was anyone else aware that Tech was segregated and that all our students had prejudices running through their veins?
    Obama?????

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

According to Will Baker, "The main objective is to solve the parking problem that the campus is suffering...If the parking was just raised $6 and put at $30 the shuttle system could happen."

I wonder if the students are upset on the availability of parking spots on campus OR the convenience of finding one? Have any of these guys checked to see if every lot on campus is at full capacity during school hours to determine if there is a real parking problem?

Also increasing parking permits up 6 dollars will not pay for a bus or transit system...got to remember not everyone has a car. Why would a person who lives on campus want to pay extra for a shuttle for commuters?

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

I don't know what kind of job Baker has done this year, but according to this article in the Tech Talk from 9/18/2008, the Sports Promotion budget (including the Spirit of 88) saw the largest cut in funding as a result of the SGA budget cuts this year.

Tech Talk article
    You don't NEED money to promote sports.

Varsity Bulldog tangidawg seems to have something between the earstangidawg seems to have something between the earstangidawg seems to have something between the earstangidawg seems to have something between the earstangidawg seems to have something between the earstangidawg seems to have something between the earstangidawg seems to have something between the ears

For those who have facebook, a group dedicated to fixing the parking situation

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

There's a group on Facebook dedicated to making college students less whiny???

Varsity Bulldog ProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    According to Will Baker, "The main objective is to solve the parking problem that the campus is suffering...If the parking was just raised $6 and put at $30 the shuttle system could happen."

I wonder if the students are upset on the availability of parking spots on campus OR the convenience of finding one? Have any of these guys checked to see if every lot on campus is at full capacity during school hours to determine if there is a real parking problem?

Also increasing parking permits up 6 dollars will not pay for a bus or transit system...got to remember not everyone has a car. Why would a person who lives on campus want to pay extra for a shuttle for commuters?
    I think students are upset with the convenience of finding a close spot. I don't think a shuttle system will necessarily help anyway. Can you imagine a bus trying to drive through campus multiple times per day with the other auto and pedestrian traffic? It would take forever.

I also agree that the non-commuters wouldn't necessarily benefit. However, there is a proposition by the SGA to raise tuition $42/quarter to fund the Career Center, Health Services, and something else (can't remember). I believe those departments are taking large cuts to the budget. Students who don't use those services will have to pay for it. If it passes, I'm curious to see how much more they'll ask for next year, since there will likely be additional cuts in 2009-10.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfStudent158 View Post
    I think students are upset with the convenience of finding a close spot. I don't think a shuttle system will necessarily help anyway. Can you imagine a bus trying to drive through campus multiple times per day with the other auto and pedestrian traffic? It would take forever.

I also agree that the non-commuters wouldn't necessarily benefit. However, there is a proposition by the SGA to raise tuition $42/quarter to fund the Career Center, Health Services, and something else (can't remember). I believe those departments are taking large cuts to the budget. Students who don't use those services will have to pay for it. If it passes, I'm curious to see how much more they'll ask for next year, since there will likely be additional cuts in 2009-10.
    It's the "Health and Wellness Bill". It would increase the fees of the Offices of Counseling, Career, Health, and Disability Services from $8/quarter to $50/quarter.

Tech Talk Article (4/2/2009)

Varsity Bulldog tangidawg seems to have something between the earstangidawg seems to have something between the earstangidawg seems to have something between the earstangidawg seems to have something between the earstangidawg seems to have something between the earstangidawg seems to have something between the earstangidawg seems to have something between the ears

From looking at the facebook group... I think the students are more upset with parking in gravel lots insead of paved lots

+ Reply to Thread