+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bulldogs to Open Up WAC Play against Nevada Friday - latechsports.com

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Bulldogs to Open Up WAC Play against Nevada Friday - latechsports.com

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

After playing 21 non-conference games in 2009, Louisiana Tech will begin their Western Athletic Conference schedule against Nevada Friday through Sunday at J.C. Love Field at Pat Patterson Park.

More...

Discuss it here.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Re: Bulldogs to Open Up WAC Play against Nevada Friday - latechsports.com

Nevada is the biggest series of the season thusfar for the Diamond Dawgs... We need to win this home series! Over the last two years we are 2-9 vs the Wolfpack.

2008 Tech 1-7 vs Nevada
    at Nevada 6-11 L
    at Nevada 3-14 L
    at Nevada 6-7 L
    at Nevada 4-6 L
    NEVADA W 9-3
    NEVADA 4-8 L
    NEVADA 5-7 L
    NEVADA 0-2 L

2007 Tech 1-2 vs Nevada
    At Nevada 7-9 L
    At Nevada 0-9 L
    At Nevada W 11-10

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Nevada is the biggest series of the season thusfar for the Diamond Dawgs... We need to win this home series! Over the last two years we are 2-9 vs the Wolfpack.

2008 Tech 1-7 vs Nevada
    at Nevada 6-11 L
    at Nevada 3-14 L
    at Nevada 6-7 L
    at Nevada 4-6 L
    NEVADA W 9-3
    NEVADA 4-8 L
    NEVADA 5-7 L
    NEVADA 0-2 L

2007 Tech 1-2 vs Nevada
    At Nevada 7-9 L
    At Nevada 0-9 L
    At Nevada W 11-10

Will take a huge effort and several freshman pitchers pitch like juniors and seniors. Hope for best, but way too much young pitchers to win some of these series this year. Hard for team to get over seeing as many freshman go to the mound inning after inning....can take a toll on team in long run, but hoping for best. Taking that into consideration, I am not as down this season as I was last year with a more veteran ball club and pitchers. For whatever reason, we should have performed better last year with that club.

Go Dawgs!

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Gonna be without a couple of pitchers for at least the next two series. Richard and Fairbanks are hurting. Joey Ford may be out for the year as well. Don't be surprised to see some guys playing new positions.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Suggestion on offense - bunt or hit slow rollers to 3rd baseman Tyson ?? until he proves he can field it cleanly. I watched the Wolf Pack play 5 innings in Reno vs Oregon and their 3rd baseman had problems fielding balls he had to charge. The Nevada official scorer gave him 2 errors that game and it could have been at least one more. He fielded the balls hit hard toward him.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Just go in and no game on La Tech TV Video site. I thought this home series was going to be video streamed. Anyone know of change for this weekend and games only radio broadcast?

Big Dog TruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the rough TruDawg's Avatar

4-2 Tech leading in the bottom of the sixth, runners on first and second, 0 outs for Kersten.
    Kersten flies out, Dageford moves to third.
    Threkeld flies out Dageford scores. Great baserunning by Devon to score form second on two fly balls to make it 5-2 Dawgs.

Nevada with a 2-run homer, 5-4 Tech by 1
    Last edited by TruDawg; 04-03-2009 at 08:04 PM.

Big Dog TruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the rough TruDawg's Avatar

Nevada leads 8-5 going to the ninth...
    Last edited by TruDawg; 04-03-2009 at 08:47 PM.

Heading to the bottom of the ninth, 8-5 Wolf Pack leads
    Combs K's
    Hughes pops out down to our final out...
    PT flies out Nevada wins 8-5

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by Designated Hitter View Post
    Just go in and no game on La Tech TV Video site. I thought this home series was going to be video streamed. Anyone know of change for this weekend and games only radio broadcast?
    It worked for me here in Baton Rouge. The field looks great and Mo pitched really well. Honestly we are lucky that the score wasn't worse than this.... They out hit us by alot, and they commited less errors than us. It was only this close because of some seriously well timed hitting. Still have a chance to take three from these guys. Anyone got a count on Winns streak now? Is it at 30 now?
    Last edited by BLUE collar; 04-04-2009 at 12:58 AM.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE collar View Post
    It worked for me here in Baton Rouge. The field looks great and Mo pitched really well. Honestly we are lucky that the score wasn't worse than this.... They out hit us by alot, and they commited less errors than us. It was only this close because of some seriously well timed hitting. Still have a chance to take three from these guys. Anyone got a count on Winns streak now?
    It was close because Nevada just isn't good. How many runners did they strand on base? Our bullpen failed tonight even though LeBreton looked good. We really need a Richard that we can throw every night. LeBreton would have been a good set up man for him. Have the freshman pitchers throwing 1 or 2 innings top right now. Sadly with Richard out we don't have that luxury.

CK made a few errors at 3rd as well. He really needs to work on fielding the ball cleanly every time. It is amazing that he can barehand a hardly hit ball one time and the next he struggle to pick up a ball just sitting on the ground. Luckily this didn't cost us the game but I want to see him taking his time.

Hughes looked good at shortstop but he just really is too short for the position. 2 line drives went right over his head. That is something we are going to have to learn to deal with if Nick stays in centerfield. He has to do everything else perfectly if he is going to counterbalance that one hole in his game.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    It was close because Nevada just isn't good.
    i love when people say a team "just isn't good" right after they beat us. if they're not good, we must be awful!

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    Hughes looked good at shortstop but he just really is too short for the position. 2 line drives went right over his head. That is something we are going to have to learn to deal with if Nick stays in centerfield. He has to do everything else perfectly if he is going to counterbalance that one hole in his game.
    i know the game has changed a lot of the last decade or so (and not necessarily for the better), but people ashton's size have been playing middle infield well since the game first started being played. you don't have to be 6-4 to be a successful shortstop, despite what major league scouts will say today.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    i love when people say a team "just isn't good" right after they beat us. if they're not good, we must be awful!

i know the game has changed a lot of the last decade or so (and not necessarily for the better), but people ashton's size have been playing middle infield well since the game first started being played. you don't have to be 6-4 to be a successful shortstop, despite what major league scouts will say today.
    When a team gets 18 hits (or whatever it was) compared to like 5 hits, the game should be a blowout. Nevada should have rolled us. We weren't good last night at all.

I'm not saying Ashton can't play the position. Just he is already at a disadvantage. And in a night like last night when most of Nevada's hit barely made it to the outfield, it stood out last night. I have no doubt he is going to be a good short stop for us. He just has to counterbalance his height disadvantage with better hitting and fielding. He wasn't terrible last night in the field. I remember one bad throw. Not the reason we lost. Neither was CK's errors. Just little things we need to work on.

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

Baseball Re: Bulldogs to Open Up WAC Play against Nevada Friday - latechsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE collar View Post
    It worked for me here in Baton Rouge. The field looks great and Mo pitched really well. Honestly we are lucky that the score wasn't worse than this.... They out hit us by alot, and they commited less errors than us. It was only this close because of some seriously well timed hitting. Still have a chance to take three from these guys. Anyone got a count on Winns streak now? Is it at 30 now?
    Winns' streak is at 29 and he is the 13th most difficult player to strike out (in the country) !!!!! Anyone have a guess what our regular season final record will end up? How about how many of the 24 conference games we will win? After getting a feel for our pitching staff I think we will go 4-20 in conference games and finish up at 19-31 overall. The pitching staff would have to make vast improvements to get us more than the 7 more wins I predict. ( Hope they make a liar out of me)

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by falcon View Post
    Winns' streak is at 29 and he is the 13th most difficult player to strike out (in the country) !!!!! Anyone have a guess what our regular season final record will end up? How about how many of the 24 conference games we will win? After getting a feel for our pitching staff I think we will go 4-20 in conference games and finish up at 19-31 overall. The pitching staff would have to make vast improvements to get us more than the 7 more wins I predict. ( Hope they make a liar out of me)
    I was thinking 8-16 in conference. I'm very displeased that our program is where it is. I thought after 6 years of Simoneaux, we would be a top team in the WAC. For the last 4 years, I have been saying, wait until next year, we will be good. It's got to happen soon...
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

+ Reply to Thread