+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Its not . . .

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Its not . . .

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    I can't remember who said it but "you can lose with great players; but you can't win without them" comes to mind.
    HoDo-Tech70

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Title of Thread (Its not) made me think of the Haney Project on the Golf Channel where Hank Haney is trying to fix Charles Barkley's golf swing...I need that help too! I thought it was funny as we are all trying to figure out baseball team, coaches, etc.

Anyway, one of of favorite lines from series is where Hank says, "It's not in his head.....it's in his swing." Ours may be opposit, "its not in his arm or swing, but in his head......LOL!

Need some humor on here every now and then.

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

Baseball Re: Its not . . .

Nobody even mentioned the "real" reason we couldn't win with all that talent in 2008.........Sim refuses to burn his #13 jerseys ! Come on all you former ( and present ) ballplayers out there........isn't anyone in Louisiana superstitious at all? Baseball players are the most superstitious athletes in just about any sport, so who in their right mind would dare to put on # 13 ?

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Sim's performance last year should have gotten him canned. If you can't win with that team then you can't get it done.

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    that's because you, too, are a huge douche cake!
    I have to admit, I've heard douche bag before, but never douche cake. If you are eating cake made of douche then you need to reevaluate your tastebuds.

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by falcon View Post
    Nobody even mentioned the "real" reason we couldn't win with all that talent in 2008.........Sim refuses to burn his #13 jerseys ! Come on all you former ( and present ) ballplayers out there........isn't anyone in Louisiana superstitious at all? Baseball players are the most superstitious athletes in just about any sport, so who in their right mind would dare to put on # 13 ?
    I would never even wear odd numbers... always led with the right foot when stepping into fair territory, and never ever stepped on the line practice or otherwise.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    The Catch-22 we are in is this:

The WAC is the BEST conference for us to be in for football.

The WAC is the WORST conference for us to be in for men's basketball, women's basketball, baseball, softball, soccer, track, well everything else...

Football for better or worse dictates the conference we are to be in, so the other sports have to follow football.
    Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    This isn't necessarily true. The WAC pays us more than most regiona conferences would. It even offsets the travel money we spend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    Depends on if you are judging by money or competition. For competition, the WAC is really a good fit for us in most sports, but especially in football, MBB, softball, and track.
    Allow me to clarify, sometimes money isn't everything when it comes to playing a sport. Take last year's baseball team: I believe they traveled on long road trips repeatedly which can be draining no matter how much talent you have.

I am not saying WAC isn't a good baseball league, basketball league, etc. I am also not saying the WAC pays us well.

What I am saying is that sometimes travel for better or worse can sap your players energy and to some extent your fan base in long season sports (basketball, baseball). Baseball in particular is such a rivalry sport for me. I would love to get series going with Tulane, USM, ULL, Rice (Well respected and established baseball programs).

Heck even though I will probably get some red dots, NLULM is quite good this year and would be a great back and forth for us.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    Allow me to clarify, sometimes money isn't everything when it comes to playing a sport. Take last year's baseball team: I believe they traveled on long road trips repeatedly which can be draining no matter how much talent you have.

I am not saying WAC isn't a good baseball league, basketball league, etc. I am also not saying the WAC pays us well.

What I am saying is that sometimes travel for better or worse can sap your players energy and to some extent your fan base in long season sports (basketball, baseball). Baseball in particular is such a rivalry sport for me. I would love to get series going with Tulane, USM, ULL, Rice (Well respected and established baseball programs).

Heck even though I will probably get some red dots, NLULM is quite good this year and would be a great back and forth for us.
    I agree. I would actually be in favor of pulling baseball and softball out of the WAC to compete in a more regional conference (though I don't think the WAC would allow it, as we already have the fewest sports competing in the league of any full member). Right now the WAC is the best option for us overall, but that is basically because of their relative prestige in football and their decent MBB tourney credits distribution.

Football is the sport that gets you recognition in our target market, and MBB is how you get the money when you are not in a B(c)$ conference. For the other sports--and baseball in particular--I see no advantage to being in the WAC, and it would certainly be better for the team, the budget, and the fans if they didn't have to spend so much time on the west coast. It would be nice if we could get the benefits of the WAC in the "big" sports without having to saddle baseball and softball to the WAC.

+ Reply to Thread