+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Its not . . .

Varsity Bulldog hachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her game hachiman's Avatar

Re: Its not . . .

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE collar View Post
    I don't eat cheerios and how is that being a douche cake? I simply correct a person. He said he had been violently attacked when nobody did anything other than disagree with him. That is douche in my opinion, next time just scream rape
    violent was not an accurate term of description, but you somewhat proved his point by jumping all over him...Kinda like how you lost your $hit about tech tv not covering baseball games.
    Last edited by hachiman; 04-12-2009 at 11:03 PM.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

How does my immaturity show? I post insightful comments 90% of the time. You are just mad because someone doesn't like what you are saying. That is immature if you ask me.
    Dude, I don't know how old you are, but by the comments in some of your posts, you act like you are still in junior high. Are you the bat boy for the baseball team?

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by hachiman View Post
    violent was not an accurate term of description, but you somewhat proved his point by jumping all over him...Kinda like how you lost your $hit about tech tv not covering baseball games.
    Guess sarcasm is no longer allowed... and guess who has been watching games on Tech TV this season. It might have been rude, and I'm not saying I'm the only reason that Tech Tv is covering ball games but all I'm saying is it got results.

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by parisdog View Post
    Dude, I don't know how old you are, but by the comments in some of your posts, you act like you are still in junior high. Are you the bat boy for the baseball team?
    Examples please? I'm 24 just so you know. I am not a bat boy for the team, the baseball bells wouldn't let me join...

Big Dog Easydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the rough Easydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by george View Post
    i can understand a team this young struggling this year. i don't think there would be a huge uproar if they would had a good season last year like they were supposed to when they were a veteran team. but they absolutely tanked.
    simoneaux is not getting as harsh a treatment as bicknell got the last couple of years...and at least he won a wac championship. i don't think the baseball has made a regional under simoneaux.
    personally, i'm not a college baseball guy, but it'll be intersting to see how dooley handles this at the end of the year.
    To me the question is what is the difference between Sim and Long during the season? Long had winning seasons, so has Sim. Let's see what the AD does if we rattle off another 6 losses in the next 7 games. Is he constisent?

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Easydawg View Post
    To me the question is what is the difference between Sim and Long during the season? Long had winning seasons, so has Sim. Let's see what the AD does if we rattle off another 6 losses in the next 7 games. Is he constisent?
    A big difference is that you had a capable assistant waiting in the wings to take over with a smooth transition. And financial considerations were paramount in the WBB deal--Long was kept on even after it was clear that he was not the long-term solution because they didn't want to pay the buyout. And the person who got the job is the favorite of somebody who has been dumping wads of cash into basketball at Tech. We don't have either of those things (a capable assistant waiting in the wings or a major benefactor) with baseball.

Since there is no doubt that Sim is on the hot seat, it will be interesting to see if he pulls some of the typical hot-seat tricks: like replacing his assistants.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Easydawg View Post
    Sim has another year left on his contract, just like Long did last year and he stayed and coached his final year. Same hting will happen in baseball. I don't see DD paying a new coach and also paying Sim for his last year while he isn't coaching.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Time for a change - but like everything else, we have to fund the program to be competitive.
    How much more money is needed? Where would you spend it?
    The field appears to be in excellent shape. The stands are some of the best in the WAC. They appear to have an ample supply of baseballs and bats. The uniforms appear to be comparable to the other teams. The scoreboard is ok. It would be nice to have the radar working again so we would know the speed of the pitches.

Are you insinuating that the head coach needs to be paid more? If so, please explain how T Spoon succeeded on less salary while Long failed on a higher salary than her.

The Diamond Dawgs are lacking competitive pitching this year, and most of the pitchers are young. Perhaps at some point Simoneaux will decide that his starters aren't delivering and began to try to develop the younger guys for next year. He didn't allow Cody Watts the opportunity to make a single pitch until the Nevada series. Mike LeBreton had pitched one-third of an inning until his first appearance in the Nevada series. There are other pitchers that haven't been given an opportunity to see what they can do either. I thought the non-conference part of the season was to test everybody. Guess not.

Simoneaux sits in the dugout and watches the opposing coaches beat his socks off with fundamental baseball while he appears to always be depending on the long ball or some base running surprise that seldom works at the worst of timing. Apparently his players can't bunt. If so, why not?

I don't know much about baseball, but I am not convinced that more money is the root cause of the current failure in the program. Somewhere there is a hungry highly capable young baseball coach just dying for the chance to coach at a school like Tech. He would probably be elated for the chance at the salary Simoneaux is being paid.

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

I agree Sim officially sucks and I don't care what crap we get for saying it. HE SUCKS and must be let go.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Sim has another year left on his contract, just like Long did last year and he stayed and coached his final year. Same hting will happen in baseball. I don't see DD paying a new coach and also paying Sim for his last year while he isn't coaching.
    I think they gave him a 4 year and it was signed around September 2007. So at least 2 more after this one. Therefore, I am thinking similar to others that because this is not football nor basketball, they will not pay off remainder of contract to make change, unless someone comes up with the money and the money to fund assistant or assistants new guy will want as our pay scale is way way low in baseball.

Would like to see 2-3 of the young pitchers turn the corner later this season to look to for next several years, plus good one coming in. Still not sure how bad Richard's arm is injured or Fairbanks that was hurt earlier in season. Without Richard, that may be why they are trying Anderson in closing role to help give the all freshman pen some experience. We are just too young on the mound. No decent D1 program is going to win with as many freshman we are having to throw out there and very very few expereinced pitchers.

Some of Sim's offensive philosphies and handling of pitchers has puzzled me at times like several of you have already stated. Still a die hard Dawg fan!

Champ Reckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud of Reckless Abandon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    How much more money is needed? Where would you spend it?
    1. Recruiting budget - it's way too low.
    2. All of the upgrades to the field and facilities aren't because the program was adequately funded. It's because Coach Sim and the team busted their asses to raise their own money. At one point we didn't even have a visitor's locker room. Don't know if that is still the case or not? The fact is if we are expecting WAC championships, we need even better facilities to attract some freakin players.

I am not saying that Sim is the answer; he is definitely on the hot seat. But the program HAS been tremendously underfunded for years, and acting like that is not an issue at all is being delusional.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reckless Abandon View Post
    1. Recruiting budget - it's way too low.
    2. All of the upgrades to the field and facilities aren't because the program was adequately funded. It's because Coach Sim and the team busted their asses to raise their own money. At one point we didn't even have a visitor's locker room. Don't know if that is still the case or not? The fact is if we are expecting WAC championships, we need even better facilities to attract some freakin players.

I am not saying that Sim is the answer; he is definitely on the hot seat. But the program HAS been tremendously underfunded for years, and acting like that is not an issue at all is being delusional.
    Just to be clear, baseball IS underfunded, but so is every athletic program at Tech. And the nice toys any program has gotten in the last few years has been because 1) a deep-pocketed alumnus stepped up to make it happen, 2) the coach busted butt to raise the money, or 3) a combination of both.

Frankly, I don't know of a non-B(c)$ program that does not struggle to fund its programs. Even a few B(c)$ programs struggle with this. I think some folks around here have skewed perceptions of how college baseball programs function financially because of lsu. lsu is a bigger aberration in terms of college baseball finances (and attendance) than Tennessee and UConn are in women's basketball.

Champ Reckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud of Reckless Abandon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    Just to be clear, baseball IS underfunded, but so is every athletic program at Tech. And the nice toys any program has gotten in the last few years has been because 1) a deep-pocketed alumnus stepped up to make it happen, 2) the coach busted butt to raise the money, or 3) a combination of both.

Frankly, I don't know of a non-B(c)$ program that does not struggle to fund its programs. Even a few B(c)$ programs struggle with this. I think some folks around here have skewed perceptions of how college baseball programs function financially because of lsu. lsu is a bigger aberration in terms of college baseball finances (and attendance) than Tennessee and UConn are in women's basketball.
    Absolutely. We, as fans have a tendency to expect an amount of success that the funding does not realistically allow. But, coaches like Dooley (who I believe are few and far between) are capable of neutralizing that disadvantage. I think some fans want a diamond in the rough coach in every major sport, which is improbable at best.

Varsity Bulldog hachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her game hachiman's Avatar

Guess sarcasm is no longer allowed... and guess who has been watching games on Tech TV this season. It might have been rude, and I'm not saying I'm the only reason that Tech Tv is covering ball games but all I'm saying is it got results.
    pat yourself on the back buddy!

Varsity Bulldog HounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the rough
    Shreveport / Destin / Toledo Bend/Grand Isle

Quote Originally Posted by OmahaDawg View Post
    We haven't made an NCAA baseball regional since Gravy took us in 1987...Kane, Davis, Richardson, Simoneaux...

And in that 22 years, most other schools within striking distance have been putting more $$ into the sport and attracting players we may have had a chance at landing if we were't in the WAC. I am frustrated too, becasue I've been a Sim fan since the get-go, but much has to do with the fact that the caliber of players in our recruiting areas is down over the past few years, and the demand for the ones that would fit our program has increased becuse of this lack of talent and, therefore, they have been lured elsewhere.

Sim is our best bet for the next five years - and any change might be detrimental to ANY strides we have taken. And you have to admit, things at JC Love are MUCH better than they were before he got here. Just look around.

To DEMAND a regional team without being in the trenches and understanding the roadblocks in this underfunded sport is unrealistic. We spend so much out of the total budget on travel that other areas (recruiting) have to slide. ANd too, our conference foes spend more on the sport than we do, which, in the end, IS a factor when we guage Simms teams against those and against those of another coach who would follow him if he were replaced. The names would change, the results would be the same.

The only way we can move UP is to luck out with some franchise players and have someone die and leave his fortune to BASEBALL.

ANY TAKERS???

GO DOGS!

+ Reply to Thread