View Poll Results: Will you be able to attend??

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • I will be in attendance

    10 76.92%
  • Please give me more information

    3 23.08%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 21 of 21

Thread: NW Louisiana TAG presents 'TECH & TAILS 2'!!!

  1. #16
    Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Ruston
    Posts
    17,141

    Re: NW Louisiana TAG presents 'TECH & TAILS 2'!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    Dirty, I know people that spent a $100 dollars on tickets and didn't win anything (my father-in-law). But I also know of a person that spent $20 and won twice. (He came to me and stated that he only bought $20 worth and he was amazed he won TWICE. I didn't know him)

    My point is that if you limit the number of times a person can win you must limit the number of times they can enter. And that is not good at all for a fundraiser. (I hope you understand)

    I can promise you that ALL PRIZES were fairly drawn. And that NO ONE got their name pulled because of who they knew or what they paid. I, and everyone else, worked WAY too hard and love TECH WAY too much to allow ANYTHING of the sort.

    Raffles are a gamble, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now, any suggestions anyone has to make this a better event we completely encourage and are open to (Dirty, you suggestion will be taken to the board for discussion. What's stated above is only MY opinion). We are but a few trying to make a difference and the more people open to helping this movement the better. But we need help. If you have an idea or would like to help in anyway on this or any event sponsored by Nw La TAG goto www.latag.net and send us an email.
    I understand what you are saying, and almost didn't say anything because I know that is the nature of raffles. I certainly don't doubt the legitimacy of the drawing of names. I know it was all on the up and up. I trust you guys. I also figured if you had that rule then it would limit the number of tickets people bought. It's really not that big of a deal. You all did a great job, and I wouldn't waste my time bringing it up to the board. But instead of making that a rule, maybe you could make it where Tylertechsas doesn't win anything. No one should have to see something like that walking to get an award so soon after eating.

  2. #17
    2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Posts
    12,333

    Re: NW Louisiana TAG presents 'TECH & TAILS 2'!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I understand what you are saying, and almost didn't say anything because I know that is the nature of raffles. I certainly don't doubt the legitimacy of the drawing of names. I know it was all on the up and up. I trust you guys. I also figured if you had that rule then it would limit the number of tickets people bought. It's really not that big of a deal. You all did a great job, and I wouldn't waste my time bringing it up to the board. But instead of making that a rule, maybe you could make it where Tylertechsas doesn't win anything. No one should have to see something like that walking to get an award so soon after eating.
    If I take you over to the Team Shop and buy you a damn hat will you promise to quit bitchin about "I didn't win anything, I didn't win anything,... Tyler won a bunch of stuff and I didn't get nuthin, it's just not fair...". Maybe if you were nicer to Tyler he might share some of his stuff with you.

  3. #18
    Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Ruston
    Posts
    17,141

    Re: NW Louisiana TAG presents 'TECH & TAILS 2'!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    If I take you over to the Team Shop and buy you a damn hat will you promise to quit bitchin about "I didn't win anything, I didn't win anything,... Tyler won a bunch of stuff and I didn't get nuthin, it's just not fair...". Maybe if you were nicer to Tyler he might share some of his stuff with you.
    I certainly hope you are kidding with me because in know way, shape or form was my last post trying to sound like bitching. In fact, I wasn't trying to sound like I was bitching in my first post. I'm not pissed because I didn't win anything and certainly not because Ray did. I was just pokeing fun at Ray. If my posts came across as bitching, then maybe I need a few days away because apparently I must have been pretty harsh in some posts.

  4. #19
    2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Posts
    12,333

    Re: NW Louisiana TAG presents 'TECH & TAILS 2'!!!

    Yes, I was 100% joking, Dirty. Guess I should have added the smilie face.

  5. #20
    Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute TYLERTECHSAS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    44,543

    Re: NW Louisiana TAG presents 'TECH & TAILS 2'!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I understand what you are saying, and almost didn't say anything because I know that is the nature of raffles. I certainly don't doubt the legitimacy of the drawing of names. I know it was all on the up and up. I trust you guys. I also figured if you had that rule then it would limit the number of tickets people bought. It's really not that big of a deal. You all did a great job, and I wouldn't waste my time bringing it up to the board. But instead of making that a rule, maybe you could make it where Tylertechsas doesn't win anything. No one should have to see something like that walking to get an award so soon after eating.
    OK... I actually only had my name drawn only 1 time. But my wife, Tech grad bro-in-law and Univ. Texas grad buddy I brought from Tyler did get picked as well and were obviously at my table. Of course I did spend some $$ on that 75th anniversary Bradshaw signed Pittsburg helmet. If it makes anyone feel better, most of our table decided we had been so lucky that we hit the Horseshoe and lost big time. :bigcry: And yes I probably caused a few folks to lose their crawfish and beer when I walked up there as well. Can you say 3 plates of the stuff?? Why do you think I sat just 1 table away from those things? :icon_wink: Man it was goooooood! You can't get mudbugs like that in Texas very often.

    Oh, and yes I know Dirty's just having a little fun with me. We're friends and evil cohorts.
    Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 04-25-2009 at 11:01 AM.

  6. #21
    Champ shreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of light shreveportdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Shreveport
    Posts
    1,047

    Re: NW Louisiana TAG presents 'TECH & TAILS 2'!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    Dirty, I know people that spent a $100 dollars on tickets and didn't win anything (my father-in-law). But I also know of a person that spent $20 and won twice. (He came to me and stated that he only bought $20 worth and he was amazed he won TWICE. I didn't know him)

    My point is that if you limit the number of times a person can win you must limit the number of times they can enter. And that is not good at all for a fundraiser. (I hope you understand)

    I can promise you that ALL PRIZES were fairly drawn. And that NO ONE got their name pulled because of who they knew or what they paid. I, and everyone else, worked WAY too hard and love TECH WAY too much to allow ANYTHING of the sort.

    Raffles are a gamble, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now, any suggestions anyone has to make this a better event we completely encourage and are open to (Dirty, you suggestion will be taken to the board for discussion. What's stated above is only MY opinion). We are but a few trying to make a difference and the more people open to helping this movement the better. But we need help. If you have an idea or would like to help in anyway on this or any event sponsored by Nw La TAG goto www.latag.net and send us an email.
    I drew one persons name 4 times and he only bought 15 tickets. I threw 2 of them back because he had already won twice and was a guest of mine. Looked too bad even though he bought the tickets. He would have much preferred to win the second 2 that i threw back. There were many duplicate names drawn even though i was spinning the hopper each time.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts