+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Red-light runner kills Angels pitcher

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Red-light runner kills Angels pitcher

Very sad. Someone ran a red light and killed the Angels rookie pitcher and two others. He was only 22 years old.

Link http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,513597,00.html
    Go Tech!

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Re: Red-light runner kills Angels pitcher

This is so sad and terrible. The driver of the car that hit them is suspected to have been drinking.

I cannot understand why anyone would ever drink and drive in this day and time. Haven't we all learned what happens?

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Not much thinking goes on after drinking

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Horndawgs View Post
    Not much thinking goes on after drinking
    beofre or during either......

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaDawg View Post
    Very sad. Someone ran a red light and killed the Angels rookie pitcher and two others. He was only 22 years old.

Link http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,513597,00.html
    The words you used for your thread title makes it look like you are using this tragic event to compare it with what Moates did. I certainly hope I'm wrong in making that inference. However, if I am right, you need to soul search, because, if, and only if, I am right in making that inference, I seriously question whether you have the judgment necessary to be an officer of the law.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    I cannot understand why anyone would ever drink and drive in this day and time. Haven't we all learned what happens?
    It is hard to believe. Cameron, Louisiana is where I grew up, and there were so many needless deaths caused by drinking and driving. The quarterback of our football team was in a car that turned over and killed a girl. They had all been drinking. It was one of the darkest days of my life. Because of that incident, the only alcohol that has touched my lips is Communion. I'm scared to death of alcohol.

Yet, I am finding myself drawn to defending people who get DWIs. I've been getting quite a few cases now, and have been concentrating my continuing legal education toward defending these cases. When a person gets a DWI now, it is a very, very serious charge. It would be crazy to try to work through a DWI charge without a lawyer. Louisiana has one of the toughest laws and harshest penalties for DWI as any of the states. Yet, we still have one of the highest rates of DWI. DWI offenders need help, legally, emotionally and usually spiritually. I hope that my very strong attraction to DWI offense is for more than for just feeding my family.

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    The words you used for your thread title makes it look like you are using this tragic event to compare it with what Moates did. I certainly hope I'm wrong in making that inference. However, if I am right, you need to soul search, because, if, and only if, I am right in making that inference, I seriously question whether you have the judgment necessary to be an officer of the law.
    He doesn't need the judgment necessary to be a police officer, he's an accountant.

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

If, and only if, you have come down from your high horse, maybe I should have put "Drunken driver runs red light and kills Angels pitcher. Would that make you feel better? Or maybe I just leave out "runs red light". Or maybe I just leave out Drunken, too, because it was not proven he was drunk when I posted the thread. Or, maybe I should just run everything I post from now on past you before I post it.
    Go Tech!

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

The thread title is accurate and soonerdawg is too smart by half.

I seriously question whether you have the judgment necessary to be an officer of the law.
    Even if *IF* this thread was started by TulsaPup, why or how could you make such a statement? And, I can assure you Pup had nothing to do with my post, we have not even talked about this tragedy. We have barely talked about the Moats incident.

Just a little background: you probably know Pup is my son. He is 22 years old, a college graduate and in only his 4th month of the Tulsa Police Academy. For the last 20 years or so, Tulsa has required a college degree for all its officers.

I have not read all of Pup's posts, but I did go back and read what he had to say about Moats, as I only read the first three or four posts on that thread when it first appeared. I could find nothing he said that could be taken as an irresponsible post. He said the officer was wrong but did not think he should be fired, which apparently upset you.

Pup is very young and will make mistakes as a police officer. I pray he does not make any serious mistakes and I pray he does not make even a minor mistake when dealing with professional athletes, politicians or any other "public figure" or with anyone who has a different color of skin from his. If he does make even a minor mistake in those situations, you can bet he will be paying dearly for it.
    Go Tech!

It looks like the "if" was not true. Therefore, you nor your son have a thing to be offended about. That is the very reason I emphasized and re-emphasized that the "if" had to be true. I wanted to clarify the intent of the post. It has been clarified. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    The thread title is accurate and soonerdawg is too smart by half.
    Not smart enough to know what your post means. I did confuse the posters. No big deal. I just wondered why he emphasized the red-light and not the alcohol, especially in light of the posts in the Moates thread. He answered the question. I also wanted to be clear why I wanted to know. I conditioned my remarks with as much emphasis on the condition as I possibly could so I would not offend if my assumption was incorrect. We live in a thin skinned society. In hindsight, I'm not surprised he took offense, but I could think of no other way to ask the question. Jeez.

Even if *IF* this thread was started by TulsaPup, why or how could you make such a statement? And, I can assure you Pup had nothing to do with my post, we have not even talked about this tragedy. We have barely talked about the Moats incident.
    Again, I still would not have understood your response even IF TulsaPup had been the author of this thread. Maybe I am thin-skinned on this subject, but if you knew what he had to go through to get where he is, you might understand me taking it so seriously.
    Go Tech!

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Again, I still would not have understood your response even IF TulsaPup had been the author of this thread. Maybe I am thin-skinned on this subject, but if you knew what he had to go through to get where he is, you might understand me taking it so seriously.
    Because there is a huge difference between Moats and this idiot. And it wouldn't shock me if many people out there try and stoop down low and use this as reason to criticize Ryan.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

A more appropriate title would be "Drunk driver kills Angels pitcher." I thought the same thing Sooner did. The opening post doesn't even mention that it was a drunk driver, and the distortion of the story makes it appear that it was a shot to defend the cop in the Moats incident.

Moats STOPPED at the red light and signaled to the other drivers before he cautiously proceeded through the light. That's a lot different from a drunk driver barreling through a red light as in this case.

This is a very sad story. Apparently Adenhart was best friends with Dylan Moseley's brother who is a pitcher for the Angels. God bless.

+ Reply to Thread