+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "deny me before men......"

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: "deny me before men......"

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker3 View Post
    It doesnt matter what they believed they were doing there, or if they bought into what they were being sold.
    It does if you "have nothing but the greatest respect" for them.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

I have nothing but the greatest respect for our troops and veterans. Why should they have needlessly died in Iraq when we shouldnt have been there to begin with? They didnt die for our country, they died for W and Cheney to pad the pockets of their buddies. It's not their fault their CiC was a liar; they died hero's deaths faithfully carrying out their duty, but it's a travesty those lives were ever put in danger in Iraq to begin with.

So there is no disrespect to the troops meant in any of my posts. Just to the douchebags who got them killed.
    So how do you feel about our troops marching to Berlin in WWII?

Champ daybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    So how do you feel about our troops marching to Berlin in WWII?
    What about it? I have posted a billion times on here how there is no similarity between WWII and Iraq. Saying "Germany didnt attack us either" is just a way for you guys to try and use a "gotcha" statement.

Japan attacked us. Germany was an ally of Japan. We declared war on Japan. Germany declared war on us.

Did I miss the part where Iraq declared war on us and had the ability to invade the US due to having one of the largest, most powerful modern militaries? Didnt think so.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

had the ability to invade the US
    Germany didn't have that either.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I was visiting some family this weekend down in South LA. My wife's Grandfather was there and he loves telling of his experience in WWII. His wife chimed in to tell about how the Germans had subs all over the Gulf of Mexico. This is not published, but is considered fact by many older people who lived down there in that time. I would say that Germany could have invaded us, but probably saw that they would have been dealing with some dirty Cajuns once they hit land. They obviously thought better of it and turned around.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I was visiting some family this weekend down in South LA. My wife's Grandfather was there and he loves telling of his experience in WWII. His wife chimed in to tell about how the Germans had subs all over the Gulf of Mexico. This is not published, but is considered fact by many older people who lived down there in that time. I would say that Germany could have invaded us, but probably saw that they would have been dealing with some dirty Cajuns once they hit land. They obviously thought better of it and turned around.
    Raided, yes. Invaded, no.

People back then were smart. They knew they were there, and they were.

Champ daybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Rus-La View Post
    Raided, yes. Invaded, no.

People back then were smart. They knew they were there, and they were.
    Had Germany not invaded Russia, and spent the winter building aircraft carriers, they could have been here by Summer. Japan attacking us, and Germany invading Russia were basically the two moves that started the beginning of the end for the Axis powers.

Had Germany not invaded Russia, and spent the winter building aircraft carriers, they could have been here by Summer. Japan attacking us, and Germany invading Russia were basically the two moves that started the beginning of the end for the Axis powers.
    Pretty much.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Do you even read anything, or just let people tell you "You should be pissed off because of *this*" and then you never actually confirm if *this* is true?

Obama was not the one he asked the cross or name to be covered. He requested a plain backdrop, and THE UNIVERSITY decided to cover the whole thing because the backdrop didnt cover it enough.

Like I said before, had they NOT covered it, there would be a picture on drudge right now, from floor level, looking up at obama, with the cross above his head, with the headline "OBAMA THINKS HE IS MESSIAH, GIVES SPEECH WITH JUST A CROSS ABOVE HIM"

You guys are ridiculous.
    That is not the point DB3. The point is that BHO claims to be a Christian, so why request that any backdrop be put up at all. If the camera angle would have given foder for the media to feast on, then change the angle. I know things get blown out of proportion in every report we see, but there are very simple ways to avoid giving either side anything to report on. BHO and his camp just need to start, at some point, using their heads.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Here's what I think:

The people setting this up were probably whitehouse staffers in their 20's. They probably were unaware that the symbol was for Jesus. They just wanted backdrop without a weird symbol in it.

BHO has made some poor staffing decisions so far. They just brought "Kumar" on recently so who knows who else they have running amuck as a staffer.

This is the same sort of deal as the idiotic gift giving situations.

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    That is not the point DB3. The point is that BHO claims to be a Christian, so why request that any backdrop be put up at all. If the camera angle would have given foder for the media to feast on, then change the angle. I know things get blown out of proportion in every report we see, but there are very simple ways to avoid giving either side anything to report on. BHO and his camp just need to start, at some point, using their heads.
    You cant stop photographers from taking pictures at whatever angle they want. Someone would have caught that angle, and it would have been all over drudge for *that* reason, instead of the curent one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Horndawgs View Post
    Here's what I think:

The people setting this up were probably whitehouse staffers in their 20's. They probably were unaware that the symbol was for Jesus. They just wanted backdrop without a weird symbol in it.

BHO has made some poor staffing decisions so far. They just brought "Kumar" on recently so who knows who else they have running amuck as a staffer.
    I'd say youre probably completely wrong, and it unfolded EXACTLY the way it was reported by the University.

As for your second line: its just the office of public liasons... from WIkipedia:
    The Obama administration calls the office "the front door to the White House, through which everyone can participate and inform the work of the President."
    In April 2009, actor Kalpen Suresh Modi (known best by his stage name, Kal Penn) was named an associate director in the Office of Public Liaison.[4] His role was said to include outreach to the Asian American and Pacific Islander communities and the arts community
    Yeah, I'm real shocked he couldnt get someone like Karl Rove or Stephen Hawking for that incedibly important and demanding position...

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

You cant stop photographers from taking pictures at whatever angle they want. Someone would have caught that angle, and it would have been all over drudge for *that* reason, instead of the curent one.
    Nobody cares if Obama stands below a cross except the leftists. When the right wing sees a cross, they think of Jesus (not Obama). When the left sees a cross they think "separation of church and state." It pissed them off when Bush said he prays every day.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

I'd say youre probably completely wrong, and it unfolded EXACTLY the way it was reported by the University.

As for your second line: its just the office of public liasons... from WIkipedia: Yeah, I'm real shocked he couldnt get someone like Karl Rove or Stephen Hawking for that incedibly important and demanding position...

Yeah I trust Georgetown to be about as fair as Fox. They'd never want to report in a manner that was negative to BHO. The scenario I mentioned is just a plausible explanation to me. It wasn't a decision by Obama or any type of calculated political move. They just didn't want a weird symbol over his head. I don't think it's a huge issue because everybody was already aware of his beliefs or lack thereof.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    There is no way to sugar coat this. He is Muslim.

+ Reply to Thread