+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Susan Boyle on Britian's Got Talent

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Re: Susan Boyle on Britian's Got Talent

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    Who said Le Mis was written by Webber?
    Ho-do seemed to imply it, and you didn't contradict it, so I felt I had to. I, personally, am uncomfortable lumping Schonberg/Boublil as being the same genre as ALW anyway, which made it all the more necessary for me to interject. Imagine if someone had lumped Britney and Shakira together in the same category. Wouldn't you feel compelled to interject? :icon_wink:

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorDad View Post
    RhythmDawg: Here's the opposite situation--Instead of an ugly 47 year old, how about a young hottie....Let's take Shakira for example. She's got a smoke'n body, but her voice is annoying to me. I shut her off every time I hear that fake english accent. She could sing about "pancake batter" and people would swear she's got the greatest voice ever. I can watch her videos, but only with the sound turned down.

Enjoy...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8QH93jWZbk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jttOuBjGhnM

She's good for one thing...Evidence for "roughing up a suspect" :-)
    Shakira is a pop star. That has absolutely nothing to do with one's ability to sing. It has something to do with appealing to teenagers. Shakira is as good at that as one gets.

Patti Lupone sings in musicals. She is the person most noted for playing Evita. She is not gorgeous, but from a distance, which is where the musicals are seen, she is attractive enough. Here is her picture:

She would not make a good pop star at all, but she can sing and is a good actress.

Susan Boyle, on the other hand is damned ugly. There is no nice way to put it. She has a face (and body) made for radio:

She either needs to sing in a choir or she needs to sing simple voice over jingles. She is not nearly as good of a singer as Lupone, and she certainly would not be able to perform anythng but minor parts in musicals.

Now, she certainly cannot compete with Shakira when it comes to pop:

Besides, everybody knows Shakira is off limits.
    Last edited by Soonerdawg; 04-17-2009 at 04:36 PM.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    Ho-do seemed to imply it, and you didn't contradict it, so I felt I had to. I, personally, am uncomfortable lumping Schonberg/Boublil as being the same genre as ALW anyway, which made it all the more necessary for me to interject. Imagine if someone had lumped Britney and Shakira together in the same category. Wouldn't you feel compelled to interject? :icon_wink:
    It's rare that I feel totally beaten, but you just toasted me. Britney and Shakira should never be included in the same sentence!

However, I went back and read the posts. I certainly took it to mean that he was arguing that he liked all of the Webber mucicals more than he liked Les Mis, as crazy as that sounds.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

Originally Posted by champion110
    In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Big Dog MajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the rough MajorDad's Avatar

Shakira is a pop star. That has absolutely nothing to do with one's ability to sing. It has something to do with appealing to teenagers. Shakira is as good at that as one gets.
    Boyle is already over 20 milllliiiioooonn youtube hits and is getting a recording contract and a spot on Oprah. That's pretty pop to me!

Ms. Boyle was hot back in the 70's!!

Susan Boyle, on the other hand is damned ugly. There is no nice way to put it. She has a face (and body) made for radio:
    Duh, I've said that several times. She is uuuugggllllyyyy!!! Concur! I still love her VOICE. But that's just my unsophisticated ear drum talking....Hee, hee...my ear drum is "talking"...

This picture is going on the WTE I!!!
    Last edited by MajorDad; 04-17-2009 at 06:55 PM.

Big Dog MajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the rough MajorDad's Avatar

Besides, everybody knows Shakira is off limits.
    Me and "Spanky" completely disagree!

Boyle is already over 20 milllliiiioooonn youtube hits and is getting a recording contract and a spot on Oprah. That's pretty pop to me!
    This one has 92,281,335 hits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OBlgSz8sSM

Is Charlie pop?

Look who was on Oprah:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWzo1IgB688

As I have said, the people that produce that show know how to make a splash. Here is a summary of what her career will be:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT7vqUYOsHI

P.S. I'm messing with you brother. It's raining here. Baseball has been postponed or cancelled. Nothing better to do until my son and I go to Fast and Furoius.
    Last edited by Soonerdawg; 04-17-2009 at 06:25 PM.

[quote=Soonerdawg;749999][quote=MajorDad;749991]Boyle is already over 20 milllliiiioooonn youtube hits and is getting a recording contract and a spot on Oprah. That's pretty pop to me!

This one has 92,281,335 hits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OBlgSz8sSM

Is Charlie pop?
    ABSOLUTELY!!!! Everytime one of my girls says something hurt, the entire family replies, "Ow Cha-lee, That really huuuts!!!"

And I was refering to the number of hits in such a short time. The Cha-lee video has been around for a very long time. Did you know that the WTE I is second behind the BTE II in number of views. Why? Time, my friend....time..... The BTE survives for the same reason Sharkira g-eye-rates.....to get men's to look at her...

[quote=MajorDad;750003][quote=Soonerdawg;749999]
    ABSOLUTELY!!!! Everytime one of my girls says something hurt, the entire family replies, "Ow Cha-lee, That really huuuts!!!"

And I was refering to the number of hits in such a short time. The Cha-lee video has been around for a very long time. Did you know that the WTE I is second behind the BTE II in number of views. Why? Time, my friend....time..... The BTE survives for the same reason Sharkira g-eye-rates.....to get men's to look at her...
    Charlie will be around a lot longer than Susan.

As I have said, the people that produce that show know how to make a splash. Here is a summary of what her career will be:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT7vqUYOsHI
    If I recall, they said the same thing about Madonna and you are a fan of hers :-)

I said THIS before too....I may be biased based on her background and the situation surrounding the song, so I'm very interested to see how she does the next time because I now EXPECT her to do just as well. If she is terrible, I'll be the first to admit it.

Oh, and I love her voice.....I'm not trying to convince anyone to love it. It's just my opinion. The thread was started to celebrate the underdog (uh, he said "dog") and share with others what I think is an incredible voice and performance.

Perhaps I'll start a thread on the Tim Rattay section and have a go at the Oklahoma Sooners. Wouldn't that be fun

If I recall, they said the same thing about Madonna and you are a fan of hers :-)

I said THIS before too....I may be biased based on her background and the situation surrounding the song, so I'm very interested to see how she does the next time because I now EXPECT her to do just as well. If she is terrible, I'll be the first to admit it.

Oh, and I love her voice.....I'm not trying to convince anyone to love it. It's just my opinion. The thread was started to celebrate the underdog (uh, he said "dog") and share with others what I think is an incredible voice and performance.

Perhaps I'll start a thread on the Tim Rattay section and have a go at the Oklahoma Sooners. Wouldn't that be fun
    Again, Madonna was pop. During a portion of her career, she was as good at it as anybody could be. She had a talent for pop. I don't see where your Susan is going to get her dedicated audience that will sustain her for more than a flash.

You can go after the Sooners. I've never defended them, especially on this board. This is a Tech board.

The rain stopped, but the lights aren't on at the baseball field. I assume I'm going to be arguing about this for fifteen more minutes.

Here's the wonderful part about this. God is perfect and his timing is perfect. It wasn't meant for her to showcase her talents when she was younger. No one gave her a chance. She held on to a dream and put it on hold while she did the RIGHT thing. Maybe it isn't a gift from God...this opportunity of hers to be a flash in the pan...but ya know, this woman devoted her life to her mother and took care of her until she was 91. The woman has never known the joys of the flesh. I'm thrilled for her if she only makes one recording, pulls in a few million dollars, gets a nice little pad in the country, hires a maid to care for her until she is 91, and fades into obscurity.... That would be fine with me. I'd love to sell one mega-million dollar book and retire at 45, wouldn't you? Come on...Celebrate her triumph!

[quote=Soonerdawg;750005][quote=MajorDad;750003]

Charlie will be around a lot longer than Susan.
    Whatever...I don't care about how popular she gets. I love her voice.

I know you are, but what am I....I know you are, but what am I...I know you are, but what am I....

P.S. I'm messing with you brother. It's raining here.
    Oh, sorry...I just saw this.....Roger, that

I guess it is a lot like winning the lottery. Simon says, "Susan is rich."

Off to the movies.

+ Reply to Thread