+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Joe McNeely Dies

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: Joe McNeely Dies

His mom's side of the family...

His brother is a qb down at Lamar
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    How in the world did Joey make it to 6'3"?? His dad was only 5'10".
    Joe was slightly taller than the Tasmanian devil and twice as mean when he wanted to be. Joe is the only player I know of to need to have his helmet sawed off his head after a game.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    Joe was slightly taller than the Tasmanian devil and twice as mean when he wanted to be. Joe is the only player I know of to need to have his helmet sawed off his head after a game.
    Please tell that story!!

Puppy vkaram is just really nicevkaram is just really nicevkaram is just really nicevkaram is just really nicevkaram is just really nicevkaram is just really nicevkaram is just really nicevkaram is just really nicevkaram is just really nice

ok, so it's been a while since I've been on here. Last time, I think, was when Joe passed away. Well, now fast forward to BIG little Joey! He had a visit this past weekend to LA Tech and he loved it! Joey is 6'3", 300 lbs and will run through a brick wall. He is going to be a Senior this year and has 2 offers, already. My 20 year old son is a receiver at Lamar University in Beaumont. I just wish we could hear stories of Joe back in the day! Joey really misses his dad, as the 2 of them were very close, and never stopped talking about football! Joey was 9 years old, when Joe passed away, and everything he does on that field is in honor of him! He goes to Kinder High (went to the SuperDome the past 3 out of 4 years, and won State twice!) OK, just thought I'd jump back on here and see what's going on! ….and yes, he gets his height from my side of the family! lol!

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    Please tell that story!!
    Both TECH and Arky State were undefeated and whoever won the game took the conference title. Arky State had this very large fullback that was very difficult to take down. The game went back and forth for the lead from the beginning. TECH was up and there was time for one more drive with Arky State having the ball. They drove down the field using the monster on just about every play. Arky was within the 10 as the clock was below one minute. They ran that guy up the middle. Joe hit him in the middle where he was carrying the ball and forced the fumble. We won the game and went on to win the conference and I believe the national championship. I saw Joe coming out of the lower part of Wilson Cafeteria a day or two after the Arky State game. I said high and was immediately taken by the size of Joe's head not to mention that it was black and blue. I asked him if he was OK. He recounted the play where he hit the guy in the gut with his helmet and caused the fumble. He also said that they had to use a saw to get his helmet off after the game due to the swelling of his head. I have no doubt that was true from the look of his head. Joe was not going to let them win that game. He was just too ornery for that to happen.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Both TECH and Arky State were undefeated and whoever won the game took the conference title. Arky State had this very large fullback that was very difficult to take down. The game went back and forth for the lead from the beginning. TECH was up and there was time for one more drive with Arky State having the ball. They drove down the field using the monster on just about every play. Arky was within the 10 as the clock was below one minute. They ran that guy up the middle. Joe hit him in the middle where he was carrying the ball and forced the fumble. We won the game and went on to win the conference and I believe the national championship. I saw Joe coming out of the lower part of Wilson Cafeteria a day or two after the Arky State game. I said high and was immediately taken by the size of Joe's head not to mention that it was black and blue. I asked him if he was OK. He recounted the play where he hit the guy in the gut with his helmet and caused the fumble. He also said that they had to use a saw to get his helmet off after the game due to the swelling of his head. I have no doubt that was true from the look of his head. Joe was not going to let them win that game. He was just too ornery for that to happen.
    Awesome story!!!!!!!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vkaram View Post
    ok, so it's been a while since I've been on here. Last time, I think, was when Joe passed away. Well, now fast forward to BIG little Joey! He had a visit this past weekend to LA Tech and he loved it! Joey is 6'3", 300 lbs and will run through a brick wall. He is going to be a Senior this year and has 2 offers, already. My 20 year old son is a receiver at Lamar University in Beaumont. I just wish we could hear stories of Joe back in the day! Joey really misses his dad, as the 2 of them were very close, and never stopped talking about football! Joey was 9 years old, when Joe passed away, and everything he does on that field is in honor of him! He goes to Kinder High (went to the SuperDome the past 3 out of 4 years, and won State twice!) OK, just thought I'd jump back on here and see what's going on! ….and yes, he gets his height from my side of the family! lol!
    Thanks for posting again.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

I believe I also read he had to wear glasses after that particular hit. In today's game he probably would have never played another down of football. Scary stuff but it speaks to his toughness and determination. A lot of tough guys on those teams.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

LFR has several stories from that era on BTB.
    Louisiana Tech University

Puppy vkaram is just really nicevkaram is just really nicevkaram is just really nicevkaram is just really nicevkaram is just really nicevkaram is just really nicevkaram is just really nicevkaram is just really nicevkaram is just really nice

I'm crying from laughing so hard!!! lol! I can't wait to show this to Joey! I would LOVE to get some stories from you all about Joe to pass down to Joey! He is just like Joe, only a lot taller and about 60 lbs heavier, God help us all! lol! He is a D-Tackle, and loves to hit people! I so wish Joey could meet the guys in Joe's era, he would love that! He was only 9 when his dad passed away, but he two of them had a great relationship. Things were strange and he was never allowed to be around Joe because of the situation, but he has done GREAT, and is so loved by my Big Fat Lebanese family, that it's ridiculous! Joe's ex wife and 3 hateful daughters made it impossible for him to see his dad. I hope we NEVER see those people again. We saw them at the Funeral only one time, and will prayerfully, never come in contact with them again. Joey is doing GREAT and is surrounded by my family! PLEASE share stories and keep in touch! thanks for the hilarious post! made my day! ~Veronica Karam

Bulldog ronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of light ronmyster's Avatar

I never meet the man but I remember his name from the football team at Tech. I think i was still a student and i guess he had just graduated when he was a assistant of some kind a Jonesboro-Hodge. Before the game in Winnfield he was warming up the d-lineman. They all looked talled than him and in full pads. He had on a tshirt and jeans with his ball cap turned around. He pretty much pushed them around like rag dolls.

+ Reply to Thread