+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Offense

Official Unofficial BB&B Pollster TennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her game TennesseeDawg's Avatar

Offense

How will our running game be this year?

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

Re: Offense

Quote Originally Posted by TennesseeDawg View Post
    How will our running game be this year?
    That is going to depend a great deal on whether we can keep Daniel Porter healthy.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

We return a very successful RB and his OLine who paved the way for him. I'd say things couldn't look much better!

We need that 2nd back to step up though, to rest porter and get a change of pace.

Bulldog jhodge90 is just really nicejhodge90 is just really nicejhodge90 is just really nicejhodge90 is just really nicejhodge90 is just really nicejhodge90 is just really nicejhodge90 is just really nicejhodge90 is just really nicejhodge90 is just really nicejhodge90 is just really nice

if porter goes down with an injury our offense goes down with him

Official Unofficial BB&B Pollster TennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her game TennesseeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jhodge90 View Post
    if porter goes down with an injury our offense goes down with him
    this is the scary part:bigcry:

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

We still have Livas - our all purpose yardage leader (led the WAC as well and was ranked nationally).

We also have other backs that could possibly pick up the slack. We are making a long history of capable running backs here at La Tech. We've been good at the RB position since we joined the WAC (and before).

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Horndawgs View Post
    We return a very successful RB and his OLine who paved the way for him. I'd say things couldn't look much better!

We need that 2nd back to step up though, to rest porter and get a change of pace.
    I agree. I think Porter had a great season last year in large part because he rotated with one of our all-time leading TD-scorers.

If one of our other RBs steps up this year, I think Porter will be that much more effective. His performance would also be greatly supported by a legitimate intermediate and deep threat in the passing game.

If we can get BOTH a solid #2 back AND a solid intermediate and deep passing game, this will be a REAL exciting season!

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Running game will be good. Excited to see who wins the #2 job.

eta: wouldn't mind seeing us scratch the stretch play from the playbook. That one...didn't work so well (I seem to recall a key 3rd down in the Nevada game). The delay-draw actually picked up some steam late in the year!

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    Running game will be good. Excited to see who wins the #2 job.

eta: wouldn't mind seeing us scratch the stretch play from the playbook. That one...didn't work so well (I seem to recall a key 3rd down in the Nevada game). The delay-draw actually picked up some steam late in the year!
    No doubt a function of the improving o-line and having a mobile QB.

For the football illiterate (i.e., me): What is the "stretch" play?

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    For the football illiterate (i.e., me): What is the "stretch" play?
    Where the QB takes the snap and dashes out for a WIDE handoff to the RB, way off-tackle to the outside. You have seen us run this a hundred times (and it probably got stuffed for a 4 yard loss).

Its the same play Mark Dillard scored that long TD on several years ago, if that helps.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

If ya'll were betting men, who will be our #2 back?
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    obviously, with his experience in the system, compton has the inside track. that said, from what i'm gathering, both dj morrow and tyrone duplessis will have plenty of chances to grab the #2 spot.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

I'd be ok if Jenkins got less carries. He only really ran successfully vs Idaho and he got his bell dangerously rung 3 different times, plus a fumble throughout the season.

He's not really a running QB, he just has a moderate amount of mobility - which is probably best served trying to get open for the pass.

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

Tyrone Duplessis.

I'm biased in favor of fellow-Georgian Myke Compton, a one-time 3-star recruit. He has really shone on special teams, and I would LOVE to see him become a solid #2 behind Porter.

However, I'm not a betting man, and even if I were, I have no valid information that would lead me to put money on Myke.

+ Reply to Thread