+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LTAC Stats

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

LTAC Stats

I have a few questions about LTAC. I am a new member and am wondering.

1. How many members do we have in LTAC.
    2. How much money have we raised.
    3. how much of it goes to Coach's salaries

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Re: LTAC Stats

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    I have a few questions about LTAC. I am a new member and am wondering.

1. How many members do we have in LTAC.
    2. How much money have we raised.
    3. how much of it goes to Coach's salaries
    These are kind of moving targets, since not everyone renews at once. That said:

1. I think we had a running total of about 1200 LTAC members last year.
    2. ~$1 million, but I think that includes Team 100 as well.
    3. I'm not sure how this works, and I think it is also a moving target. Obviously, since contributions are still a really small percentage of our revenues, I don't know how they can count on contributions for salaries. That said, since the latest state auditing report puts coaches' salaries at about 20% of expenses, I'd guess there is a similar proportion of undesignated LTAC money that goes to salaries.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

it would also depend on what you designated your money to.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    These are kind of moving targets, since not everyone renews at once. That said:

1. I think we had a running total of about 1200 LTAC members last year.
    2. ~$1 million, but I think that includes Team 100 as well.
    3. I'm not sure how this works, and I think it is also a moving target. Obviously, since contributions are still a really small percentage of our revenues, I don't know how they can count on contributions for salaries. That said, since the latest state auditing report puts coaches' salaries at about 20% of expenses, I'd guess there is a similar proportion of undesignated LTAC money that goes to salaries.
    i think $1 million was the number last year. i did a quick scan of the list on latechsports.com and based on the minimum amounts listed, total contributions from ltac members has to be over $1.6 million.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Given a 20 to 40 percent increase in members each year as I have heard is happening. I believe we could make great strides over the next three to five years. I know all the big guns who were gonna give big already have but add double or triple membership and we would have really decent numbers.

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

Given a 20 to 40 percent increase in members each year as I have heard is happening. I believe we could make great strides over the next three to five years. I know all the big guns who were gonna give big already have but add double or triple membership and we would have really decent numbers.
    Numbers will make a big difference. We need the $10 - $50/month contributions.

and lots of them.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    i think $1 million was the number last year. i did a quick scan of the list on latechsports.com and based on the minimum amounts listed, total contributions from ltac members has to be over $1.6 million.
    Was checking the list...we got a beer distributor giving.

President ($5000-$9999)
    Anheuser-Bush
    (Marsala Beverage)
    From http://www.abwholesaler.com/marsalab...boutUs/AboutUs

Budco Distributing was founded by Mr. Les Cruvant in 1952. That year, Budco and it's six employees delivered 50,000 cases of beer.

Charles V. Marsala joined Budco in 1971, working as a Salesman, Route Supervisor and General Manager. In 1992, he entered into a Limited Partnership with Anheuser-Busch to purchase the distributorship. In 2000, the remaining shares were purchased from AB and Marsala Beverage was formed.

Marsala Beverage is headquartered in Monroe and is locally owned and operated by Charles and Brenda Marsala and their children, Damon Marsala and Mandy Pruitt. Our approximately 85 employees, along with a Branch Warehouse in Ferriday, distribute Anheuser-Busch and Grupo-Modelo beers and Hansen's beverages to 14 North Louisiana parishes. We annually deliver over 2.6 million cases of beer to more than 700 licensed retail accounts. With a 63%+ market share, our beers are almost 2 of every 3 beers sold.

Wonder what is their relationship with Tech?

Within the next 5 years I want to see.

1. 3500 to 4000 members of LTAC
    2. A larger percentage of at least Trophy members. Thats my personal goal.
    3. 3 Million in contributions + some major political pull with the Legislature.
    4. Smart investments that have allowed us to retain quality coaches.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Within the next 5 years I want to see.

1. 3500 to 4000 members of LTAC
    2. A larger percentage of at least Trophy members. Thats my personal goal.
    3. 3 Million in contributions + some major political pull with the Legislature.
    4. Smart investments that have allowed us to retain quality coaches.
    Lofty!

1. I'll take 2000 in five years. IMO 2500 is high.
    2. check
    3. check
    4. If you mean the Boise model where there is always somebody on staff ready to step in I agree. If you mean being able to keep successful coaches, the money will never be there to compete w/ BCS teams for their services.

Sorry, just breezing through the brochure and saw what Memphis had, didn't realize how well they had it.

One more question. How much do we have in Endowment.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

One more question. How much do we have in Endowment.
    As far as I know, the only athletic endowment we have is the one hawked on this board, started by our own Tech78.

As far as the university foundation's total endowments, we are around $60 million (or, a little over half of what ULL has).

From what I have read. ULL had alot of Oil money from the 70's and 80's.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    As far as I know, the only athletic endowment we have is the one hawked on this board, started by our own Tech78.

As far as the university foundation's total endowments, we are around $60 million (or, a little over half of what ULL has).

We also have some scholarships endowed for athletics don't we. The athletic enhancement endowment is the only non-scholarship athletic endowment at Tech.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

To put this in comparison, and I know this is Ivy League, but I work with a Columbia grad - a school with a 7.8 billion dollar endowment.

We have a great school, and I recognize that a large majority of our funding comes from research grants and tech transfer, but our endowment REALLY sucks.

+ Reply to Thread