+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fresno St. receives $29,442,516 donation

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Fresno St. receives $29,442,516 donation

It's the largest single donation to any institution in the Cal State system.

It won't be going to athletics though... It's going to their ag program.

http://www.fresnostatenews.com/2009/04/jordangift.htm

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Re: Fresno St. receives $29,442,516 donation

Wow

Varsity Bulldog buchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the ears

Funny... I live 5-8 miles away from Fresno State. The first place I read about this is on a board for fans of LaTech.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buchananbando5 View Post
    Funny... I live 5-8 miles away from Fresno State. The first place I read about this is on a board for fans of LaTech.
    $30 million isn't a big deal in the valley?

Varsity Bulldog buchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    $30 million isn't a big deal in the valley?
    Its huge... but this was the first place I heard about it.

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

Why can't Tech get that kind of donation from Charles Wyly?

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

I heard a news story last week I think about a bunch of small schools getting really large anonymous donations. Southern Miss and U AR little rock were two schools I remember.

It was the largest donation ever to southern miss but the main point of the story was that the donations were completely anonymous. Not just that the donors weren't publicised but the schools themselves didn't even know who made the donation and were made to sign an agreement that they wouldn't try to find out. It happened the same way at a bunch of schools at about the same time so people were speculating whether or not it was one donor. I couldn't see any pattern in the schools though.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    It's the largest single donation to any institution in the Cal State system.

It won't be going to athletics though... It's going to their ag program.

http://www.fresnostatenews.com/2009/04/jordangift.htm
    Hell, they already make good wine.:icon_wink: What else they need to grow??
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rebelboi View Post
    Why can't Tech get that kind of donation from Charles Wyly?
    I've heard that Tech is trying to put together a multi-disciplinary "energy engineering" program (I think that's the name). With his interest in green energy, you'd think that would be right up his alley, and an endowment to kick-start it would be just what the doctor ordered for our struggling endowments!

But, after all, it is his money, and he has given us a couple of buildings.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    I've heard that Tech is trying to put together a multi-disciplinary "energy engineering" program (I think that's the name). With his interest in green energy, you'd think that would be right up his alley, and an endowment to kick-start it would be just what the doctor ordered for our struggling endowments!

But, after all, it is his money, and he has given us a couple of buildings.
    It will be awesome if Tech is going to have an energy engineering program. I can see myself one day come back to Tech as a professor

+ Reply to Thread