+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2009 LTAC Tour

Bulldog cic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nice cic's Avatar

Re: 2009 LTAC Tour

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    I hope so too. I would really like to get this area going. I have talked to the guys in Shreveport about doing a TAG over here in DFW and getting some freindly competition going between the cities.
    Any update on expected turnout in Dallas?

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

10 people registered on the website. A few more that I know have called in to register.

Big Dog Lone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of light Lone Star Dawg's Avatar

I'm registered now. Looking forward to meeting some more of you guys.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Wish I could take my family to the June 3rd Dallas event, but that is my 5th-grader's "graduation night". We'll have to join ya'll next year. I was able to talk the wife into letting our boys miss the final day of school so they can attend Camp Moats though.

Bulldog cic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nicecic is just really nice cic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    10 people registered on the website. A few more that I know have called in to register.
    I heard today that we have 64 RSVPs. I am making a few more calls; it would be great to have triple digits.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Thats about double what have registered on the site and chosen to have their names displayed. triple digits would be awesome for us right now.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Any way to invite Ryan Moats?

I am not sure if he is on my list or not. I would have to go back and check, but if he is I will give him a shout.
    Last edited by DallasDog; 06-04-2009 at 01:19 AM.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I attended the "LA Tech Tour" tonight in Dallas, along with about 75 other people. Dooley sounded great. The slide prezo was also great. Dooley also showed a progress pic of the new Jumbotron, which was made just yesterday.

Interesting note: They showed us several statistics tonight, including one that said we have 3,950 LA Tech alumni living in Dallas County and "it's surrounding towns". Of those, only 100 are members of LTAC. So there's lots of room for growth in the DFW area.

I'm now wish football season would start this weekend.

HD

Yeah, I was bummed that I got hung up in a meeting and couldn't get down there. Not a biggy though they would have gotten my $25 anyway. I am in the process of trying to get together a DFW version on TAG also, so anyone in the DFW area interested in helping out pm me.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I attended the "LA Tech Tour" tonight in Dallas, along with about 75 other people. Dooley sounded great. The slide prezo was also great. Dooley also showed a progress pic of the new Jumbotron, which was made just yesterday.

Interesting note: They showed us several statistics tonight, including one that said we have 3,950 LA Tech alumni living in Dallas County and "it's surrounding towns". Of those, only 100 are members of LTAC. So there's lots of room for growth in the DFW area.

I'm now wish football season would start this weekend.

HD
    I am ready for football, and I think Dooley is too. I thought the crowd was good. We sat at a table with a current recruit (will be a senior at Arlington High next year) and had a great time. The presentation gives the impression that Dooley really wants to be around and build the entire program. I sure hope so!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cic View Post
    I am ready for football, and I think Dooley is too. I thought the crowd was good. We sat at a table with a current recruit (will be a senior at Arlington High next year) and had a great time. The presentation gives the impression that Dooley really wants to be around and build the entire program. I sure hope so!
    I talked to some of the LA Tech representatives after the meeting, and one of them told me that the general feeling in Ruston is that Tech may have dodged a big bullet last year when Dooley didn't leave (or wasn't offered the job) for Auburn. Most of those folks believe (as I do) that Dooley is an "SEC guy", and since most SEC schools have relatively "new" coaches, we may be able to squeeze another 2 or 3 seasons out of Dooley in Ruston (probably 2).

Incidentially, I believe our biggest "non-SEC" threat to stealing Coach Dooley appears to be his alma mater, Virginia. UVA is a great school, with great academics, great athletic facilities and they compete in a great BCS conference (the ACC). UVA's current coach is mediocre at best, and the expectations for a coach in Charlottesville are far below the BCS average. Furthermore, Dooley loves the place. SO, BEWARE OF THE CAVS!!!

HD

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

I talked to some of the LA Tech representatives after the meeting, and one of them told me that the general feeling in Ruston is that Tech may have dodged a big bullet last year when Dooley didn't leave (or wasn't offered the job) for Auburn. Most of those folks believe (as I do) that Dooley is an "SEC guy", and since most SEC schools have relatively "new" coaches, we may be able to squeeze another 2 or 3 seasons out of Dooley in Ruston (probably 2).

Incidentially, I believe our biggest "non-SEC" threat to stealing Coach Dooley appears to be his alma mater, Virginia. UVA is a great school, with great academics, great athletic facilities and they compete in a great BCS conference (the ACC). UVA's current coach is mediocre at best, and the expectations for a coach in Charlottesville are far below the BCS average. Furthermore, Dooley loves the place. SO, BEWARE OF THE CAVS!!!
    HD

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

HD
    Virginia has always been an underachiever in football.

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

I have given this a great deal of thought since DD arrived & all of us were so thoroughly impressed with him. He has proved to be everything we hoped for and more.

After several conversations with him, I sincerely believe he would like to build another Virginia Tech right here in Ruston, something that all of us would be so proud of & something that, through his own sweat, blood, & hard work, would be a legacy for the Dooley name for generations to come. When he surveyed our situation initially & realized the potential of our great university, he accepted the challenge of making Tech the best it could possibly be. His TIMING was perfect, almost ordained, as our administration was sick & tired of mediocrity & ready to follow the lead of someone who knew what the heck he was doing. DD arrived, surveyed, developed his plan, hired the people to help him, & he was off & running. I think we would all agree that optimism surrounding our football programs as well as other athletic programs is at an all-time high.

DD is watching LTAC very carefully. He is watching to see if our alumni base is all-in with the new movement in Tech Athletics. So, knowing that I am preaching to the choir, it is up to US, those of US who know & care & realize that DD IS the man to take us where we would love to go, to ACTIVELY RECRUIT new LTAC members. I decided to do this myself early this year & so far have four new LTAC skins hanging on my belt. How 'bout you?

IF we as Tech supporters do not do our best to convince DD that we are 100% behind his vision for what Tech can be, and we do that with our presence & our money, then we will lose him in time to another school that WILL. Shame on us if that happens.

I can't say it any better than that.

And instead of talking about how we're going to keep him, we'll figure out ways to lose him. Aw, shucks, we're just La Tech... Bullshit.

I added a LTAC member today. Rest of y'all, GATA...

+ Reply to Thread