+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Inu-bot:7 "home" games in 2010?

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Inu-bot:7 "home" games in 2010?

6 in Russ's town and 1 in Shreveport? I could live with that (to say the least).

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/artic...904240336/1026

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Inu-bot:7 "home" games in 2010?

hahaha, I like the part about someone asking him how to use the cupholders. I say if we play in Shreveport, it needs to be Arkansas or someone similar.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7 View Post
    hahaha, I like the part about someone asking him how to use the cupholders. I say if we play in Shreveport, it needs to be Arkansas or someone similar.
    Would love to have the Hogs in Shreveport. Wondering if their AD Jeff Long would agree with a 1 and 1 (I-Bowl and War Memorial in Little Rock). I know their previous AD Frank Broyles had no interest in playing us after the 13-17 scare in 1997.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Some of our fans want to play NSU??

I can assure you, I will not drive to S'port to watch it.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    Some of our fans want to play NSU??

I can assure you, I will not drive to S'port to watch it.
    I bet that can be attributed to people saying they would like to bring back the State Fair Game. Not that they want neccessarly to play Northwestern St., but they want a yearly game against a regional opponent in Shreveport.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

inudesu

I just figured out what part of your handle means! I got, by default, two dogs from the kids. A Japanese bread, Sheba Inu. Inu being dog in Japanese. They are beautiful dogs and very active. They demand a lot of attention and we are being swept away with these wonderful dogs.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

No way we would have seven home games in one year. I am happy to have six. Looks like the 2010 home schedule will be fun.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    inudesu

I just figured out what part of your handle means! I got, by default, two dogs from the kids. A Japanese bread, Sheba Inu. Inu being dog in Japanese. They are beautiful dogs and very active. They demand a lot of attention and we are being swept away with these wonderful dogs.
    Yep. Desu is just the Japanese "to be" verb.

By the way, the character in my avatar is not "Inu" (although I use it on the scout message boards). It's "blue."

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    I bet that can be attributed to people saying they would like to bring back the State Fair Game. Not that they want neccessarly to play Northwestern St., but they want a yearly game against a regional opponent in Shreveport.
    Did we read the same article?

Some fans would like to see a nostalgic State Fair game with Northwestern State, while others would like to see Arkansas come to Shreveport.

Also, where does it say that we want a YEARLY State Fair game? Now if Arkansas wants to play that's great, but NSU, no way.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Some fans would like to see a nostalgic State Fair game with Northwestern State, while others would like to see Arkansas come to Shreveport.

Also, where does it say that we want a YEARLY State Fair game? Now if Arkansas wants to play that's great, but NSU, no way.

I believe that article is misleading. Ask anyone whether they would rather play Arkansas or NwSt and 99% would answer correctly

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

I was speaking in general. As in any random Tech fan saying, "I really miss the State Fair Game from years back." It's not the team playing Tech they miss. It's the game atmosphere. But some will hear that and will think "they want to play Northwestern St. again."

And let's not forget that Jimmy Watson LIKES to stir us up a little. I bet the Times website starts flipping digits everytime he types somethink like that. I know I clicked on that page 3 times today. And I first clicked it last week!

My point is, that's really minor, Dooley won't agree to it, so it will never happen. No sense on getting your blood pressure up over nothing.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    My point is, that's really minor, Dooley won't agree to it, so it will never happen. No sense on getting your blood pressure up over nothing.

Dooley may very well agree to it as NwSt is one of the teams being considered for S'port.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post

By the way, the character in my avatar is not "Inu" (although I use it on the scout message boards). It's "blue."

Too bad "bulldog" is the same in Japanese and English ( ブルドッグ ), otherwise I'd use that for my name. Maybe I should switch my avatar to the kanji for RED, just to be the Japanese yin to your yang. Haha! Oh, speaking of... I will probably be in Japan again for a little bit right after this coming football season's over... It looks like I won't be moving back there at least though until early 2011, so if we have 7 home games next year, I'll see them all!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Dooley may very well agree to it as NwSt is one of the teams being considered for S'port.

I could live with this as long as it is not a yearly thing. I wish we could do away with the yearly in-state deal. We seem to rotate Nicholls and SELA every other year. I think it would be fine to rotate all the other small LA schools but only schedule one game every 3 seasons.

In case that is confusing I will illustrate:

2009 Nicholls
    2012 ULL
    2015 SELA
    2018 ULM............

This way we leave room for more BCS teams and more competition that is on our level who could come to Ruston/Shreveport for a game.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7 View Post
    Too bad "bulldog" is the same in Japanese and English ( ブルドッグ ), otherwise I'd use that for my name. Maybe I should switch my avatar to the kanji for RED, just to be the Japanese yin to your yang. Haha! Oh, speaking of... I will probably be in Japan again for a little bit right after this coming football season's over... It looks like I won't be moving back there at least though until early 2011, so if we have 7 home games next year, I'll see them all!
    So what is the Japanese take on this Chinese (kanji) character?

+ Reply to Thread