+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Walking On.... What's the Procedure?

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

Walking On.... What's the Procedure?

Can anyone give me any guidance on the proper way to start the process of "walking on" for the Bulldogs? Do you need to contact the coaching staff first or what? I have no idea how this works. I have a son who's graduating this spring who's a three year letterman for a local high school. We have not been approach by any school (don't even know if anyone is looking) but he would love to continue his baseball career if possible. I know that Threlkeld out of Sterlington walked on (or so i think) but just don't have any clue on how the process works. Anyone with any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by LABulldog; 04-27-2009 at 03:14 PM. Reason: SPELLING

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Re: Walking On.... What's the Procedure?

Best thing to do is to get the kids high school coach to call Sim and put in a good word. Then have the kid conatact the coaching staff, I stress the kid not the parents. The coaches would likely inform him of walk on tryouts, which are held every year and tell him of the required meeting that he will need to attend, if any. Sim would likely spend some time to talk to the player and let him know about alternate routes (JUCO) and will be straight up front in telling the player that it is not easy to walk on. It is time consuming and he will have to battle 110% everyday just to stand out. Good luck to whomever it is though.

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

Another thing you can do is send a highlite video to the coach

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by falcon View Post
    Another thing you can do is send a highlite video to the coach
    This is also good. However, if he is walking on, the coaches will see what they need in a tryout. The video is usually reserved for those trying to gain a look for a scholarship.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

There is no thread for game 4?
    I can find it on radio but got the live states from sac state working. NOT very satisfying.

+ Reply to Thread