+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Draft?

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

The Draft?

It is this weekend, right? How do we not have a thread yet?

My take on the 1st round...

The Jets moving up to take Sanchez was a brilliant move. However I wonder what Kansas City was thinking by not trading down and maximizing the value on Tyson Jackson. He clearly would have still been there. I think they could have traded all the way down to 13 with Washington who was also eager to get Sanchez and STILL gotten Tyson.

How in the hell can Oakland pass on Maclin and Crabtree?

Cleveland confused me. At first I was thinking maybe they are looking for Jamal's backup. And when they traded down 2 spots with Tampa I thought it was surely going to be Beanie. Only to have them trade down again and then get Alex Mack. He was obviously the top center but was not a move I expected.

What is Philly doing? You come in with the perfect chance to get Beanie Wells as a compliment to Westbrook. Don't tell me he doesn't fit in their system. They are clearly stocking up for when McNabb is gone in a few years or else they pull the trigger on Boldin. Only to take a clone of DeSean Jackon in Jeremy Maclin. He may be a good player but how is that what they need?

For some reason, Kenny Britt reminds me of every other WR on Tennessee's roster. Hopefully this works out for them but that pick really gives me nothing to be excited about.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: The Draft?

We didn't have a thread because the Saints had one first day pick (and it was a cornerback) and the Cowboys had zero first day picks.

I agree about the Jets moving up. Equally brilliant move by Cleveland to trade down so much. The man genius wants his guys in there fast.

The raiders pass up on Maclin and Crabtree because they are the Raiders. Al Davis doesn't want good receivers he wants incredibly fast receivers who are physical freaks...who cares if they aren't that good fundamentally (most folks, but not Al Davis).

Philly needs a complete WR corps...and Beanie is overrated. I think they liked McCoy better than Wells and they knew he would be around in the second round.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Sean Payton admitted in a press conference that the Saints discussed getting back into the 1st round to get Wells after he kept dropping...apparently discussions didn't get very far...

Gotta look at OLB, FS, and RB with today's 3 picks...

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechSupporter11 View Post
    Sean Payton admitted in a press conference that the Saints discussed getting back into the 1st round to get Wells after he kept dropping...apparently discussions didn't get very far...

Gotta look at OLB, FS, and RB with today's 3 picks...
    Might want to go up and get that RB from Iowa. If not him, there are several that could still be around in the 4th. NCState guy and the guy from Liberty.

We need a BRUISER.

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Jennings from Liberty is who I'm hoping for as well, or maybe even Coffee from Alabama...also hoping Reshad Johnson from Alabama falls as well...

I like Coffee, but he's still a little small for what we need...I think. Jennings is a freak. If he's around in the fourth, they should grab him up. Easier to get a good LB through FA.

I didn't get to watch a lot of the analysis, are they expecting Jenkins to be a corner? On the clips of him, he was at safety.

Shonn Greene is gone.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechSupporter11 View Post
    Reshad Johnson
    Look for the Boys to get him at #75.

Coffee to 49ers...boys on the clock.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Jarron Gilbert to da bears....good place for him to learn the NFL.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I'm hoping the Saints still get Jennings from Liberty. But they'll probably have to trade back up into the 5th or upper 6th rounds. They might even grab the RB/kid from ULL in the 7th. Love the S Chip Vaughn from Wake Forest pick. The ILB - OLB Arnoux, also from WakeForest, was a reach I thought. That said,
    Arnoux ran the second fastest LB 40 at the combine a 4.56 according to Nola.com. Sean Payton likes him as a WLB.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

BSU - 0 picks
    Tech - 0 picks
    Utah State - 0 picks
    NMSU - 0 picks
    Idaho - 1 pick in 7th
    Nevada - 1 pick in 7th
    Fresno - 2 picks, both in 6th
    SJSU - 3 picks, 2 in 3rd, 1 in 6th
    Hawaii - 3 picks, 1 in 2nd, 1 in 3rd, 1 in 6th

10 picks, a down year for the WAC. Utah had 4 picks and TCU had 5.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    We didn't have a thread because the Saints had one first day pick (and it was a cornerback) and the Cowboys had zero first day picks.

I agree about the Jets moving up. Equally brilliant move by Cleveland to trade down so much. The man genius wants his guys in there fast.

The raiders pass up on Maclin and Crabtree because they are the Raiders. Al Davis doesn't want good receivers he wants incredibly fast receivers who are physical freaks...who cares if they aren't that good fundamentally (most folks, but not Al Davis).

Philly needs a complete WR corps...and Beanie is overrated. I think they liked McCoy better than Wells and they knew he would be around in the second round.
    Why are people afraid to talk about sports when their team isn't involved?

Basically at Philly yes Maclin was the best option at WR available. But my question is why go WR? They've gone how long without ever addressing their WR corps. Why all of a sudden do you move up to get a WR now when you know he won't reach his prime while McNabb is there? Especially getting a guy that is in the mold of the rookie WR you got last year. Why not take Pettigrew? Philly had no clue what they were doing here.

Cleveland passing on Pettigrew also confuses me. You just got rid of Winslow and have the top tightend in the draft fall to you. Why trade down again? And not fill the tightend position later?

It's not fright...it's lack of interest. I come home from work to see that the Saints pass up on Jennings, but they move up to draft a punter...seriously...a punter.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    It's not fright...it's lack of interest. I come home from work to see that the Saints pass up on Jennings, but they move up to draft a punter...seriously...a punter.
    They were trying to see if they could be dummer than the Cowboys. The challenge was too great this year, though. With Folk kicking for them, the Cowboys drafted a kicker. If Jerry Jones the owner were a separate person from JJ the GM, the GM would have been fired years ago.

+ Reply to Thread