+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The NBA

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

The NBA

has lost all respect. What does Kobe have to do to get suspended?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irtnkEmubqY

Especially coming shortly after this elbow that led to a one game suspension.

Don't get me wrong. Dwight deserved his punishment. But Stu Jackson's reasoning behind Dwight was "any elbow above the shoulder is an immediate ejection." Therefore there was really nothing else the NBA needed to look into.

And don't forget this isn't Kobe's first time to throw an elbow at someone's head. Remember this?

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Re: The NBA

I used to love Kobe. Now after watching him elbow so much and talk trash, I have lost all respect for him. I thought he was as good as MJ..but he definately doesn't have the class.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

kobe still is a lethal basketball player in the clutch, but he's let the pressure of trying to be better than mj turn him into one of the most hated players in the league. it's really sad how far he's fallen since the rape allegations because he truly could have been one of the all-time greats and most beloved players if he'd stayed focused.

instead, king james has supplanted him not only as the greatest player on the planet, but also the fans' choice as the face of the nba.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Go rockets!!!!

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    kobe still is a lethal basketball player in the clutch, but he's let the pressure of trying to be better than mj turn him into one of the most hated players in the league. it's really sad how far he's fallen since the rape allegations because he truly could have been one of the all-time greats and most beloved players if he'd stayed focused.

instead, king james has supplanted him not only as the greatest player on the planet, but also the fans' choice as the face of the nba.
    funny thing is, I heard a couple of days ago on Mike and Mike that his jersey is the best selling jersey in the NBA. He obviously isn't hated as much as you think he is.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    I used to love Kobe. Now after watching him elbow so much and talk trash, I have lost all respect for him. I thought he was as good as MJ..but he definately doesn't have the class.
    Dawg Dude,

Kobe can't hold MJ's jock. And it has nothing to do with class. Jordan is just better. And that isn't a knock on Kobe at all. Jordan was just that good.

Professor,

I'm not talking about attitude or personality, but do you think Kobe's game has suffered since the rape allegations?

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    has lost all respect. What does Kobe have to do to get suspended?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irtnkEmubqY

Especially coming shortly after this elbow that led to a one game suspension.

Don't get me wrong. Dwight deserved his punishment. But Stu Jackson's reasoning behind Dwight was "any elbow above the shoulder is an immediate ejection." Therefore there was really nothing else the NBA needed to look into.

And don't forget this isn't Kobe's first time to throw an elbow at someone's head. Remember this?
    They're calling it an elbow to the chest

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Professor,

I'm not talking about attitude or personality, but do you think Kobe's game has suffered since the rape allegations?
    no, i don't. he's still one of the all-time greats. what i think we've learned is that he can't win without great teammates. put all-star talent around him like shaq and he wins. take it away, and the lakers suck. add more talent like lamar odom and pau gasol, and automatically they're good again.

you will never see kobe lift a team of mediocre role players like jordan did, and now like lebron is doing. he's not in that class.

i was a kobe fan earlier in his career. love the talent. lost a ton of respect for him after the shaq and rape debacles.

in the 23-24 debate (lj-kobe, not mj-kobe), i'll side with 23 every day of the week.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Lebron can do anything he wants. He's that athletic.

Kobe is sooooo smooth with his moves. Smoothest player in the game.

I agree with your "lifting teammates" assumption about Lebron.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

no, i don't. he's still one of the all-time greats. what i think we've learned is that he can't win without great teammates. put all-star talent around him like shaq and he wins. take it away, and the lakers suck. add more talent like lamar odom and pau gasol, and automatically they're good again.

you will never see kobe lift a team of mediocre role players like jordan did, and now like lebron is doing. he's not in that class.

i was a kobe fan earlier in his career. love the talent. lost a ton of respect for him after the shaq and rape debacles.

in the 23-24 debate (lj-kobe, not mj-kobe), i'll side with 23 every day of the week.
    Scary thing is I feel like Kobe, while he is still great, has peaked, but Lebron is still getting better. He is insane. I read a year ago that he has grown an inch and added 20 pounds of muscle since he joined the NBA. LJ still lacks that one consistent unstoppable shot like Jordans fade away or Kareems Hook. When he gets it, he will make history.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Scary thing is I feel like Kobe, while he is still great, has peaked, but Lebron is still getting better. He is insane. I read a year ago that he has grown an inch and added 20 pounds of muscle since he joined the NBA. LJ still lacks that one consistent unstoppable shot like Jordans fade away or Kareems Hook. When he gets it, he will make history.
    kobe is 30, so he probably has reached his peak. he should be playing at the top of his game. however, he also entered the league earlier than most players. it is yet known how much those extra 200 or so games will affect the preps to pros players on the back ends of their careers.

lebron is 24. it is ridiculous how good he was at 16. ridiculous how much better he was at 20. amazing how good he is now at 24. and in four years, i think he will be the greatest player to ever step foot on a basketball court. if he weren't so consumed by winning championships, i truly believe that he could could set his mind to averaging 35, 12 and 10 -- and do it. there's nothing he can't do when he steps on the court. amazing. and if he ever gets another truly elite player with him in cleveland, it will be scary how good the cavs can be.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

For the sake of debate, I submit the 1993-1994 Bull's roster - who made to game 7 in the semi-finals:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CHI/1994.html

How many of Kobe's teams between Shaq and Gasol even make the play-offs without him do you think?

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    For the sake of debate, I submit the 1993-1994 Bull's roster - who made to game 7 in the semi-finals:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CHI/1994.html

How many of Kobe's teams between Shaq and Gasol even make the play-offs without him do you think?
    That Bulls team with Jordan was absolutely dominant, though. Didnt they win 70 games when he came back? That being said, the Bulls management had a great strategy back in the day. They had great role players and Pippen was a Hall of Famer that was a complementary player. That Bulls team with Jordan was one of the greatest of all-time. They would have pounded the Kobe-Shaq Lakers.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    That Bulls team with Jordan was absolutely dominant, though. Didnt they win 70 games when he came back? That being said, the Bulls management had a great strategy back in the day. They had great role players and Pippen was a Hall of Famer that was a complementary player. That Bulls team with Jordan was one of the greatest of all-time. They would have pounded the Kobe-Shaq Lakers.
    I agree. And I also think Jordan was better than Kobe. But I don't think you can dismiss a semi-finals team (without him) and another hall-of-famer as "mediocre role players."

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I agree. And I also think Jordan was better than Kobe. But I don't think you can dismiss a semi-finals team (without him) and another hall-of-famer as "mediocre role players."
    I totally agree with that. The Bulls had a nice mix with some serviceable players (the three headed monster at center), role players (Kerr and Rodman later), average to above average (armstrong, Kukoc, and Ho Grant), and two hall of famers. The Bulls just seemed to always have a great mix of players, and Jordan being one of the best ever to lead them, they were unstoppable.

I believe Cleveland has improved their mix, but Lebron is just so dominant. His shooting has gotten better and he is nearly unstoppable driving to the hoop, which helps him in his off nights. When Kobe is off, he is just off because he does not have the physicality to drive to the hoop every time (although he is still good in the lane, it is not his forte and is usually only used when posted on a smaller guy). Lebron can drive and dunk on anybody. I have only seen Lebron handled in one game this past year, it was against the Rockets. Ron Artest is truly one of the best defenders in the game, and Shane Battier is good when he needs a spell. The Rockets are hot and their mix of players is better without that douche McGrady. I hope they can pull it out on the Lakers. I honestly think that if Andrew Bynum was not injury prone, the Lakers could have a very nice run over the next few years, and they might have one anyway. 3 above average 7 footers? Seriously? How does that happen?

+ Reply to Thread