+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What's your Derby picks?

Varsity Bulldog Nuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the roughNuke Dawg is a jewel in the rough Nuke Dawg's Avatar

What's your Derby picks?

I'm thinking of boxing the $5 exacta of Friesan Fire, Hold Me Back, and Dunkirk. $30 and it makes the race a bit more interesting. Any other opinions?
    Nuke

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Re: What's your Derby picks?

I'm liking the brown horse . . .

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

The best 3YO of them all runs this afternoon in the Kentucky Oaks . . . Rachel Alexandra. Look for her in the Preakness or Belmont and to easily blow past the boys.
    Last edited by Dawgpix; 05-01-2009 at 05:21 PM.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    I'm liking the brown horse . . .
    Always bet on grey.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    The best 3YO of them all runs this afternoon in the Kentucky Oaks . . . Rachel Alexandra. Look for her in the Preakness or Belmont and to easily blow past the boys.

Like I said . . ..

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Rachel Alexandra lived up to her unbeatable billing by destroying her six rivals in Friday's Grade 1, $500,000 Kentucky Oaks by 20 1/4 lengths under a motionless and then celebratory Calvin Borel.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post

In the Derby, I'll call it Papa Clem and Friesan Fire.
    Your Longshot special!

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Here's all you need to know about the Derby in one short clip. :icon_wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOQ3L...ature=featured

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nuke Dawg View Post
    I'm thinking of boxing the $5 exacta of Friesan Fire, Hold Me Back, and Dunkirk. $30 and it makes the race a bit more interesting. Any other opinions?
    Nuke
    Don't do it! La Derby winners never do anything in the Ky Derby.

Shame about that horse, Quality Road, I think his name is getting hurt like that. Been hearing some good things about Wanting Revenge, never sure about the silly names, and a good long shot special... horse called Mine the Bird (is that a reference to the middle finger? ). The one from California, something "on the Nile" is good.

When is the Derby, next week? or, was it today! Did I miss it? Who won?

Wow, just watched the replays. Nice call, 80.

Mine the Bird shot through on the rail with Calvin Borel in the irons to win the 135th Derby. 50-1 shot pays more than $103 on a $2 win ticket.

Borel learned to ride in the Louisiana Prairie tracks. He's such a delight to watch when his horses win.

Unusually lousy job by veteran Churchill Downs track announcer Tom Durkin on calling the stretch run.

Mine the Bird had cleared for the lead after passing more than 13 horses from the quarter pole to the 3/16ths pole to take the lead. Durkin did not say a word about Mine the Bird until the winner passed the 1/8 pole and was at least 6 lengths in the lead.

Donna Brothers on the the interview with Borel afterwards did a good job of following up with her Borel interview asking if Rachel Alexandra will be nominated to race in the Preakness. Borel rode Rachel Alexandra to victory Friday in the Kentucky Oaks by a whopping 20 lengths. Borel said RA's owners decided Friday not to go to the Preakness. What'll happen abou the Belmont.

The horse racing world just got more interesting with the win by Mine the Bird.
    Last edited by Dawgpix; 05-02-2009 at 11:52 PM.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Saw the replay, wow! it did go Mine that Bird and Pioneer on the Nile, 1-2...and I didn't bet the mortgage on that exacta!

Dont ya just love Calvin Borrel! A crazy Cajun!

Mine that Bird might win the Preakness, maybe, but he definitely wont win the Belmont.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

I had Pioneer to place and it payed well...just not well enough to cover my other two shows, 1 win, and one trifecta that didn't hit. I can't complain though...it was well worth it to watch Borel and Mine That Bird win at 50-1!
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

i was right, Brown horse won . .

+ Reply to Thread