+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6 Flags over Texas

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Re: 6 Flags over Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Red's Better View Post
    Huge mistake........What were you thinking??

That place had literally 10 to 12 of the best roller coasters I have ever ridden. That was in like 01. I bet they have added several since then.
    Making my wife happy was why we went to Amish country rather than Cedar Point the first time through Ohio. It was a mistake. We could have done it the other way around and been better off. You can do Amish country in the rain but roller coasters get shut down during the rain.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    So, do you guys play roller coaster tycoon?
    I used to when I was younger -- that crap's addicting.

Champ garddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Red's Better View Post
    If you love roller coasters, go to Cedar Point in Ohio. That place makes six flags look like the county fair. And that is where the tallest roller coaster is located. We went there on a church trip in high school and it was incredible.
    Cedar Point makes Six Flags over GA look like McDonalds Playland.

I think the business outlook for Six Flags is "Build a roller coaster but only with '$'.

At Cedar Point I think its "Build the best darn roller coaster you can - Oh and don't worry about the money."

If you haven't been, its WORTH IT to make it a destination.

Also, for you LA and TX people, if you go in June or July you will have a very nice comfortable day while the yankees around you are dying of the heat.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Count me in the coaster addict number too. Several years ago we went to Fiesta TX. The wife and son went to the water park while my daughter and I hit all good rides. The Rattler was rough just like you guys describe the TX Giant, but I would ride it again in a heart beat. While waiting in line, I asked Sarah why we were waiting in line to get on something that sways when the car passes us? The engineer brother-in-law says the wood would break if it didn't bend.

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    Count me in the coaster addict number too. Several years ago we went to Fiesta TX. The wife and son went to the water park while my daughter and I hit all good rides. The Rattler was rough just like you guys describe the TX Giant, but I would ride it again in a heart beat. While waiting in line, I asked Sarah why we were waiting in line to get on something that sways when the car passes us? The engineer brother-in-law says the wood would break if it didn't bend.
    Best coaster I ever rode wasn't a coaster at all... try strapping into a crop duster sometime and tell me if you don't feel like you can taste last weeks lunch

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Sounds like we need to get a Tech alumni trip to Cedar Point together one summer!

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

You couldnt pay me enough to go to six flags. Went two summers ago and it was like hell on earth..It could be because im scared of heights and it was 100 degrees, im just sayin.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    You couldnt pay me enough to go to six flags. Went two summers ago and it was like hell on earth..It could be because im scared of heights and it was 100 degrees, im just sayin.
    I'm picking up what you're laying down, Fox. No heights for me. :icon_wink:

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

6 flags is off the hit. i'm going this weekend

i ride everything.

Champ Tdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the rough Tdawg87's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post

AAHH, nothing like Six Flags over Texas in July:bigcry:

Did that last year with 3 kids and the wife. We were all soaking wet (not from the water rides either) by 10:30am. Had a blast, but I think I drank my weight in water. Think I lost that much too!

Might go back, but it will be in freaking NOVEMBER!!!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE collar View Post
    Best coaster I ever rode wasn't a coaster at all... try strapping into a crop duster sometime and tell me if you don't feel like you can taste last weeks lunch
    For me it was either being trapped on an aircraft carrier or being launched from the same 24 hours later on a photojournalism trip for a newspaper I was editing. Those two rides in that twin-jet prop COD ride were a hoot.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    i ride everything.
    That is what she said.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

I have also been to Cedar Point. That is the mecca. I haven't been since this was built.

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/par...ster/index.cfm

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

It looks like I may need to lose a few pounds before I go. I don't want to miss out on a ride because of a few extra pounds. Here's some info from Cedar Point's website:

Due to rider restraint system requirements, guests of exceptional size may not be accommodated on some of our rides. This may apply, but not be limited to, males who exceed 6'2", and those who exceed 225 pounds, have a 40" waistline or 52" chest or females who exceed 200 pounds or wear size 18 or larger. Each person has different body proportions, so it is impossible to determine exact size and weight.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

If you plan on visiting 6 flags more than once in a year - you should consider season tickets. If you can show (with your DL) that you are not local, season tickets are half price, and since single tickets are so high anyway, the math comes out pretty close to even.

So even if you live in Louisiana, and only plan on hitting six flags twice, you might think about it. You get a pretty good coupon book, and if you happen to be driving through Arlington without all day to spend, you don't have to feel bad about dropping in just for one or two rides.

Holiday in the Park is by far the best time to go.

+ Reply to Thread