+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: LSU why the hate?

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Re: LSU why the hate?

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    I take exception to the implied premise.

I would submit that given team's season ought to be considered as a whole, and maintain that any selection criteria should be geared towards determining the most deserving teams. Then let those most deserving teams (be it 2, 4, 8,or 64) settle on the field who is best.
    Exception to the fact that I implied it to be rediculous? No doubt that a loss in the first game or a loss in the last are both losses, but you cannot tell me that the best team ALWAYS wins... in any sport. Otherwise we would have an undefeated team in every single sport every single year.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE collar View Post
    Exception to the fact that I implied it to be rediculous? No doubt that a loss in the first game or a loss in the last are both losses, but you cannot tell me that the best team ALWAYS wins... in any sport. Otherwise we would have an undefeated team in every single sport every single year.
    How else would you propose to evaluate which team is the best, if not by wins?

Speculation? (Maybe you should vote in the AP poll.) :icon_wink:

Seriously ... I would posit that any criteria for post-season participation (regardless of sport) should attempt to identify which teams are most deserving to continue competing, based on their season record as a whole (as opposed to which teams just got hot down the stretch).

In college football terms -- I maintain that a loss should carry the same weight whether it occurred on Labor Day weekend or Thanksgiving weekend.

saying that one team beat another that beat another is a rediculous argument
    Partially agree. Comparing 2 teams' performance against a common opponent is valid to a point. But it does get ridiculous when you start linking together Kevin Bacon-esque chains of who beat who. (Although that can be fun!)

you have to look at what point in the season these two games were played
    nyet. This line of thinking is precisely what's wrong with college basketball. College football is at its best when it resists such reasoning.

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Agree to disagree...

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

I'm sorry, but saying that one team beat another that beat another is a rediculous argument. Also, you have to look at what point in the season these two games were played. Teams can drasitcly change throughout the course of a season.
    But by that logic, lsu losing to an unranked team at the end of the season should have, in my mind, precluded them from consideration for the national title game. Granted, there were other faux pas in the SEC that made it difficult to ignore lsu (they were hella lucky that UGA choked early and fumbled their way out of SEC-title consideration, because they wouldn't have let the tiggers off the hook the way UT did).

In any event, lsu backed into the title game in both of their recent titles. But, to their credit, they took care of business when they got there.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Agree to disagree...

Your corndog is getting cold.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    He can heat it up a little by rooting for LSU in their super regional tonight. I'll be cheering for Rice. GO OWLS!!

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7 View Post
    He can heat it up a little by rooting for LSU in their super regional tonight. I'll be cheering for Rice. GO OWLS!!
    As some of you know, I currently attend Rice, and I had a buddy who went to LSU ask me who I was pulling for in the Super Regional. UHHHHHHHH, who do you think? LSU people, I mean seriously.

I consider this thread a huge pot of s**t for me to stir when given the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Not a big fan of hotdogs... I know un-American right? Well it is a long story that ivolved an extended hospital stay and a cat scan...."they said my cats ok"..... but I'll eat the mess out of a sausage po-boy

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

JEEZ, I'm not surprised, Blue Collar. Why would you eat your own kind? Hey, I like a good sausage po-boy too, and they had BETTER have them ready to rock this football season at Aillet, or their protection money to the family might have to go up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7 View Post
    JEEZ, I'm not surprised, Blue Collar. Why would you eat your own kind? Hey, I like a good sausage po-boy too, and they had BETTER have them ready to rock this football season at Aillet, or their protection money to the family might have to go up.
    I should be making a few more games in Ruston this year. Changing professions and moving two hours north to Alexandria. So I'll be closer and should have weekends free now.

+ Reply to Thread