+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LSU why the hate?

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Re: LSU why the hate?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE collar View Post
    Sorry if I seem like I'm being argumentative, but you say you don't begrudge a person for cheering for LSU, then turn around and say that they should only support their school witht their money, instead of anyone else. Seems contradictory.
    You don't see the difference between cheering for LSU to beat Florida and actually purchasing and wearing their merchandise and sending them your money????

No offense but are you being serious?

Champ Cass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really nice

Or just a person who is grown up enough to know that people have their own opinoins on things and don't care about what others believe to be right

AMEN

Champ Cass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really nice

But I will warn you that you are wasting your time. Most people here Hate LSU more than they love Louisiana Tech. But good luck.

Just seems kinda pointless to argue about it.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cass582 View Post
    But I will warn you that you are wasting your time. Most people here Hate LSU more than they love Louisiana Tech. But good luck.

Just seems kinda pointless to argue about it.

Assinine statement and not even close to being true.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Sorry if I seem like I'm being argumentative, but you say you don't begrudge a person for cheering for LSU, then turn around and say that they should only support their school witht their money, instead of anyone else. Seems contradictory.
    A person cheering for LSU and and only supporting their school with their money is two different things. I can watch LSU on t.v. and pull for them to win, and at the same time not spend any money on them.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Assinine statement and not even close to being true.

I agree. Gotta a red dot from me, and I've never red dotted him before. I've actually supported alot of what he posted in the past. Terrible, terrible post.

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    You don't see the difference between cheering for LSU to beat Florida and actually purchasing and wearing their merchandise and sending them your money????

No offense but are you being serious?
    Oh so I am not allowed to actually go to a game... just watch it from my house right? Well doesn't that relate in higher ratings, more televised games, more money for the SEC, and in turn LSU? Where do you draw the line?

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Oh so I am not allowed to actually go to a game... just watch it from my house right? Well doesn't that relate in higher ratings, more televised games, more money for the SEC, and in turn LSU? Where do you draw the line?
    No, he said you are free to do what you want. He just has a problem with pulling these ridiculous myths--unfortunately, widely believed in Louisiana--to justify it. He also wants you to recognize that every dollar you spend on your lsu fandom is ultimately money that Louisiana Tech won't get. Again, it's your money, and you can do what you want with it. But, this being a Tech message board, we want everyone who visits here to be aware of how such divided loyalties help to become a self-fullfilling prophecy that keeps our alma mater a second-class citizen in this state.

Also, many of us welcome these kinds of inquiries. It is my belief that most Tech folks simply don't understand a) the unbelievable amount of favoritism that has been bestowed on lsu to prop them up as the "flagship" and b) how this has had a negative effect on Louisiana Tech. This being a Tech message board, I relish the opportunity to inform people of this history.

And, again, this is a Tech message board. I get tired of folks (like cass has on this thread) coming on here and trying to make Tech fans on a Tech message board out to be narrow-minded or something because we either don't care about or actively dislike another school. I'd never go to tigerdroppings.com and call them out for hating USC. And I'd also expect them to respond negatively if I insinuated that they, for any reason, should root for USC in addition to their own school.

Louisiana Tech is my school. I used to not care about lsu, hardly even knew who they were. Then I came to Ruston and had Tech students explain to me why I should root for the "state school," too. Then I learned about how lsu was intentionally favored to be without peer in Louisiana athletics. Then I learned about how lsu's favored status in the state continues to directly inhibit MY SCHOOL's capacity for growth every day. Then I joined a Tech message board and found myself AGAIN having to defend my decision to only root for my own school instead of buying into some "flagship" BS. It was then that I started hating lsu.

I should have but Many people rather than Most people I will give you that But if you read the posts here there are many that have a hatred of LSU that goes further than their love for Tech. (This is my opinion ofcourse)

This will be my last post on this subject since I think we are wasting timew on the issue

(I left no one a red dot on this topic)

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    No, he said you are free to do what you want. He just has a problem with pulling these ridiculous myths--unfortunately, widely believed in Louisiana--to justify it. He also wants you to recognize that every dollar you spend on your lsu fandom is ultimately money that Louisiana Tech won't get. Again, it's your money, and you can do what you want with it. But, this being a Tech message board, we want everyone who visits here to be aware of how such divided loyalties help to become a self-fullfilling prophecy that keeps our alma mater a second-class citizen in this state.

Also, many of us welcome these kinds of inquiries. It is my belief that most Tech folks simply don't understand a) the unbelievable amount of favoritism that has been bestowed on lsu to prop them up as the "flagship" and b) how this has had a negative effect on Louisiana Tech. This being a Tech message board, I relish the opportunity to inform people of this history.

And, again, this is a Tech message board. I get tired of folks (like cass has on this thread) coming on here and trying to make Tech fans on a Tech message board out to be narrow-minded or something because we either don't care about or actively dislike another school. I'd never go to tigerdroppings.com and call them out for hating USC. And I'd also expect them to respond negatively if I insinuated that they, for any reason, should root for USC in addition to their own school.

Louisiana Tech is my school. I used to not care about lsu, hardly even knew who they were. Then I came to Ruston and had Tech students explain to me why I should root for the "state school," too. Then I learned about how lsu was intentionally favored to be without peer in Louisiana athletics. Then I learned about how lsu's favored status in the state continues to directly inhibit MY SCHOOL's capacity for growth every day. Then I joined a Tech message board and found myself AGAIN having to defend my decision to only root for my own school instead of buying into some "flagship" BS. It was then that I started hating lsu.
    To be honest... I consider myself to be an educated person... mostly because I got my education at Tech. I keep up with current events and know history, and I had never heard the term "flagship" to describe LSU until I started reading this board.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

It's not so much that I hate lsu, per se.

What I really hate are graft, fraud, public vomiting, corruption, venereal disease, government waste, cronyism, outright lies, blatant disregard for the community's well-being, and the color yellow.

But that lsu is so overwhelmingly associated with each of those is merely incidental.
    Last edited by Champ967; 05-04-2009 at 09:30 AM.

Big Dog MoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the roughMoonPieBlue is a jewel in the rough

To be honest... I consider myself to be an educated person... mostly because I got my education at Tech. I keep up with current events and know history, and I had never heard the term "flagship" to describe LSU until I started reading this board.
    Try this link http://www.lsu.edu/flagshipagenda/

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

You'll hear it mostly when it is a news story of some kind. It's usually connected with academics. lsu officials and most La. politicians refer to it as the flagship university. I hate the term flagship. I especially hate it when it is used to describe a certain WBB team.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

I loath threads like this. These idiots are just egging us on, and we fall for it every time.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    I loath threads like this. These idiots are just egging us on, and we fall for it every time.
    In all fairness, Blue Collar is apparently a new poster, and his original post to open the thread seems to have been in earnest.

Thanks to MoonPie for linking to lsu's flagship propaganda site.

In addition to the situations JAB mentioned, you'll also hear "flagship" used by graduates of other schools to justify their support of lsu athletics over their own school. My favorite recent one was a Tulane graduate who is in grad school at nlulm lecturing me on why I should support lsu athletics and how the "flagship" system is good for the state. His position seemed to be that lsu was just being generous in letting any other universities in the state have athletic programs and graduate schools. I am not making this up.

+ Reply to Thread