+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Todays Specal - BCS Grilled & Roasted

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Todays Specal - BCS Grilled & Roasted

Haha, they got slammed! BURN, BCS, BURN!!!

Puppy DallasBlue is just really niceDallasBlue is just really niceDallasBlue is just really niceDallasBlue is just really niceDallasBlue is just really niceDallasBlue is just really niceDallasBlue is just really niceDallasBlue is just really niceDallasBlue is just really niceDallasBlue is just really niceDallasBlue is just really nice DallasBlue's Avatar

Just watched the hearing on c-span. Joe Barton from Texas wore poor Mr. Swofford out! He was downright nasty and it was hilarious. Boise's AD was in on the action with some very good comments relating to Boise and the WAC. Overall very interesting hearing. You can tell these guys would much rather sit around and debate college football than try and tackle this financial debacle we are in.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

The near illiterate chairman of the committee clearly demonstrtes the need for voter qualification testing...a turnip has a higher IQ!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ TECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to all TECHLAX's Avatar

As much as I dislike the BCS, I really don't want the government involved. Everything our government touches turns to shit.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECHLAX View Post
    As much as I dislike the BCS, I really don't want the government involved. Everything our government touches turns to shit.

I would agree with you there for the most part. Actually, congress should stay out of everything, but I digress...

As was mentioned in one of the articles, all of these schools do receive some sort of federal monies, so the government does have an interest in this (rightly or wrongly). If the AQ schools wish to give up federal dollars, then that is another story altogether (fat chance of that happening!).

The real issue that I see is that the non-AQ schools voted for this arrangement, so I am not sure how much of a leg we have to stand on. :bigcry:

And yes, the title was supposed to Today's Special...

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

An 8 team playoff won't be any better. It will still consist of the major conferences and Notre Dame. Only once in a very long while will someone from the non-AQ qualify. The only good thing that could come out of this is for a more equitable distribution of the funds considering that that AQ schools build their pyramids with that non-AQ schools as the base. Because of that, we have just as much invested in the success of "big time" college football.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    I would agree with you there for the most part. Actually, congress should stay out of everything, but I digress...

As was mentioned in one of the articles, all of these schools do receive some sort of federal monies, so the government does have an interest in this (rightly or wrongly). If the AQ schools wish to give up federal dollars, then that is another story altogether (fat chance of that happening!).

The real issue that I see is that the non-AQ schools voted for this arrangement, so I am not sure how much of a leg we have to stand on. :bigcry:

And yes, the title was supposed to Today's Special...

...With a gun to their head, but yes they voted for it.

"You can have our scraps or nothing, which is it??"

"...............Ok, this sucks but we vote for scraps."

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECHLAX View Post
    True!

But, public universities are already wards of the state (government). Taxpayers already support universities and their athletic departments.

Congress vs the BCS is like a T Rex arguing with Raptors, it's dinosaurs vs. dinosaurs. They are BOTH out of touch, out of step, and HUGE wastes of valuable resources.

The only thing that will matter is a radical overhaul of all those dinosauric institutions. Anything else is simply Peter robbing Paul to pay Pat, who has to share with Patricia (Title IX).

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    True!

But, public universities are already wards of the state (government). Taxpayers already support universities and their athletic departments.

Congress vs the BCS is like a T Rex arguing with Raptors, it's dinosaurs vs. dinosaurs. They are BOTH out of touch, out of step, and HUGE wastes of valuable resources.

The only thing that will matter is a radical overhaul of all those dinosauric institutions. Anything else is simply Peter robbing Paul to pay Pat, who has to share with Patricia (Title IX).

They should just threaten to take away the tax-exempt status of any donation to a university that is a member of an AQ conference, or at least any money that is donated to athletics. Clearly these are for-profit entities!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    An 8 team playoff won't be any better. It will still consist of the major conferences and Notre Dame. Only once in a very long while will someone from the non-AQ qualify. The only good thing that could come out of this is for a more equitable distribution of the funds considering that that AQ schools build their pyramids with that non-AQ schools as the base. Because of that, we have just as much invested in the success of "big time" college football.

Right DD!! The only fair solution is to have all 11 conferences represented and add X number of at-large teams. I would prefer 5 just to make the numbers work out easier, but could live with 12 or 14 or whatever number is decided. The important thing is that each conference now is AQ.

Champ personofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to behold

If the democratic congress gets to make the rules for the BCS they will probably be playing FLAG football!! Football is rougher than we "torture" our enemies!! I can see it now...... "The President has appointed a committee to open a dialouge with the member schools of the NCAA to establish guidlines for the fair and ethical treatment of every player on the field. He has stressed the importance of taking into consideration the feelings, constitutional rights, and emotions of minority athletes, older athletes, and athletes with disabilities, as well as poor, underpriviledged athletes. Make no mistake about it, the President wants change...change you as football fans can believe in".

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

I feel strongly if we ever have a playoff every conference should be represented.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BUZDAWG View Post
    I feel strongly if we ever have a playoff every conference should be represented.
    +1.

I have no problem if the current BCS conferences are represented more than once, seeded higher or whatever. But if you are 1A FBS and you win your conference than you should be in.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't understand the comments about diminishing the importance of the bowls - how could they, as a whole, be more diminished? A playoff that utlizes the existing bowls makes them more important.

+ Reply to Thread