+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hawai'i media: game 4

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Hawai'i media: game 4

LaTech sweeps Hawai'i
    In the worst four days of the season, Hawai'i watched its titles hopes turn into a matter of survival. Justin Gordey, who replaced an ejected player, barely beat out a chopper to second base that allowed the go-ahead run to score from third with two outs in the top of the ninth as Louisiana Tech edged UH, 8-7, yesterday to complete a four-game Western Athletic Conference series sweep.. . . .

http://sports.honoluluadvertiser.com...egory=UHSPORTS

But I really like this paragraph . . .
    After tomorrow's non-conference game at St. Mary's, the Rainbows will close out their WAC schedule at Fresno State. It is a critical series for both teams for dubious reasons. Both are in jeopardy of being the odd team out of the six-team WAC tournament. It would be embarrassing for the Bulldogs not to make it being that they are not just defending champions, but defending College World Series champions. It would be disastrous for Hawai'i because it is hosting the May 21-24 tournament.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Re: Hawai'i media: game 4

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    LaTech sweeps Hawai'i
    In the worst four days of the season, Hawai'i watched its titles hopes turn into a matter of survival. Justin Gordey, who replaced an ejected player, barely beat out a chopper to second base that allowed the go-ahead run to score from third with two outs in the top of the ninth as Louisiana Tech edged UH, 8-7, yesterday to complete a four-game Western Athletic Conference series sweep.. . . .

http://sports.honoluluadvertiser.com...egory=UHSPORTS

But I really like this paragraph . . .
    After tomorrow's non-conference game at St. Mary's, the Rainbows will close out their WAC schedule at Fresno State. It is a critical series for both teams for dubious reasons. Both are in jeopardy of being the odd team out of the six-team WAC tournament. It would be embarrassing for the Bulldogs not to make it being that they are not just defending champions, but defending College World Series champions. It would be disastrous for Hawai'i because it is hosting the May 21-24 tournament.
    Maybe theres some bad luck that comes with hosting the tourney.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: Hawai'i media: game 4

And from the columnist at the other Honolulu newspaper:

http://www.starbulletin.com/columnis...truck_out.html

" Now, if Mike Trapasso doesn't find a way to get this turned around — and quickly — UH could find itself in that terrible spot LaTech was in last year. The host Rainbows could be on the outside looking in at the WAC tournament in three weeks. Who thought that even possible until this slump?
    Yes, the Rainbows travel more than other teams. But apologists, please spare me the tired excuse of being tired — especially after dropping four in a row to LaTech, which has been on the road long enough to know the names of every Denny's waitress in Sacramento and Waikiki.
    I like what Bulldogs football coach Derek Dooley said last year: "College guys don't get tired; I worry about the coaches." "
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread