+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB stadiums

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

MLB stadiums

So, after the Bucket List thread and so many had "see all of the MLB stadiums" on their list, I got to wondering about the stadiums that BBB'ers had seen. Maybe this would make for some fun discussion. Thus far I've visited

Wrigley
    Comiskey (both)
    AT&T
    Tiger Stadium
    Tropicana (obviously)
    Busch (old)
    Fenway
    Cinergy Field

While my list is small, this summer I plan to add Ranger Stadium and, lol, LANDSHARK to the list. While your at it, name your favorite excluding the one from your favorite team. For me, I really liked the way AT&T was on the water. If it weren't so freaking humid and hot and if it didn't rain every single day in the summer, I wouldn't mind something like that here in St. Petersburg for the Rays. Methinks Hodo is going to have a pretty good post here.
    Last edited by Abominable Gorilla; 05-28-2009 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Forgot about Cincinnatti

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: MLB stadiums

Turner Field
    Ballpark in Arlington
    Arlington Stadium (MLB and college football . . Tech at UT-Arlington)
    Astrodome (MLB and Tech-Houston football)
    Minute Maid Park
    Anaheim Stadium
    Alameda Colisieum (Oakland)
    Wrigley Field
    Fenway Park
    old Busch Stadium
    Pittsburgh PNC Park (prettiest view)
    Candlestick Park
    Dodger Stadium
    Jack Murphy Stadium
    Petco Stadium
    Philly Veterans Stadium
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Old and new ballpark in Arlington
    Wrigley
    Metrodome
    Turner field
    Minute Maid Park

Looks like I need to head out with Dawgpix this summer. I guess it is sad to have been a fan since the age of 6, but not get to see very many venues.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    Methinks Hodo is going to have a pretty good post here.
    Right now, the count is over 30 different MLB stadiums. However, my wife and I have never seen the D'back, Padres, Angels, Giants or A's at home. We're leaving in 12 days to see them on a trip to Arizona and California. While there, my wife and I will also see the Dodgers again and several MiLB teams, including Brian Rike's Modesto Nuts team. We've seen all the other teams at least once and several in multiple home stadiums.

Next year we'll go to the new stadiums for the Nationals, Yankees, and Mets since they are playing in new stadiums since we last saw them. The Twins will also be in a new stadium next year and we'll probably make it there next year.

I've been to all 3 stadiums in Houston, 3 stadiums in St. Louis, 2 in Arlington (Rangers), Kansas City, and Atlanta. I've seen the Expos/Nationals in both Montreal and at RFK Stadium in DC.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    So, after the Bucket List thread and so many had "see all of the MLB stadiums" on their list, I got to wondering about the stadiums that BBB'ers had seen. Maybe this would make for some fun discussion. Thus far I've visited

Wrigley
    Comiskey (both)
    AT&T
    Tiger Stadium
    Tropicana (obviously)
    Busch (old)
    Fenway

While my list is small, this summer I plan to add Ranger Stadium and, lol, LANDSHARK to the list. While your at it, name your favorite excluding the one from your favorite team. For me, I really liked the way AT&T was on the water. If it weren't so freaking humid and hot and if it didn't rain every single day in the summer, I wouldn't mind something like that here in St. Petersburg for the Rays. Methinks Hodo is going to have a pretty good post here.
    AT&T was nice, very nice feel being on the water.

Turner Field (Olympic Game in 96)
    Yankee Stadium
    Old and New Ranger field (new one is nice)
    Stros (both)
    Tropicana
    AT&T as mentioned

Have been up next to old Busch and Fenway, but it was not baseball time of year when i was in each city.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    Right now, the count is over 30 different MLB stadiums. However, my wife and I have never seen the D'back, Padres, Angels, Giants or A's at home. We're leaving in 12 days to see them on a trip to Arizona and California. While there, my wife and I will also see the Dodgers again and several MiLB teams, including Brian Rike's Modesto Nuts team. We've seen all the other teams at least once and several in multiple home stadiums.

Next year we'll go to the new stadiums for the Nationals, Yankees, and Mets since they are playing in new stadiums since we last saw them. The Twins will also be in a new stadium next year and we'll probably make it there next year.

I've been to all 3 stadiums in Houston, 3 stadiums in St. Louis, 2 in Arlington (Rangers), Kansas City, and Atlanta. I've seen the Expos/Nationals in both Montreal and at RFK Stadium in DC.
    *bows in place* "I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy"

Ballpark in Arlington
    Busch Stadium (II)
    Joe Robbie Stadium; Pro Player Park/Stadium (now known as LandShark)
    Tropicana Field
    Drove by AstroDome/MinuteMaid Park

Have driven by Safeco Field a few times while the Mariners were playing... I really wish I could have been there this season though! Griffey has always been one of my favorite players.

Have also been to the Kansas City Royals and New York Mets spring training stadiums in Florida.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Miller Park, Arlington.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

my wife and i have committed to visiting every major league team in our lifetime.

so far it's --

turner field
    astrodome
    minute maid
    fenway
    old yankee stadium
    new busch stadium
    both ballparks at arlington
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Arlington Stadium (MLB and college football . . Tech at UT-Arlington)-DP

WOW! I remember going to one game against UTA on campus (early 80s), but didn't know they ever played in the old baseball stadium. How was the crowd noise factor?:icon_wink:

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Ballpark at Arlington
    RFK
    Spring training park in Homestead Florida
    Fair Grounds in Shrevepoot.

I loved RFK that was the most fun I have ever had at a game and that says alot. I can't remember what the name of that park is in Homestead but it was the third game for the Marlins...ever and I will never forget it. I add Fair Grounds only because of dollar beer and dollar hotdog nights on thursdays.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

OK MLB fans, don't forget to put the Baseball Hall of Fame on your bucket list. I've been there twice and plan on returning. It is a must see if you are a baseball fan.

I've been going to MLB games since the late 1950's (1959?) when my father took the family to see the Kansas City A's vs the New York Yankees with Yogi Berra, Mickey Mantle, and Roger Maris. From there we went to see the St Louis Cardinals at Sportsman's Park in St. Louis. My father promised we would go to Chicago but we never made it to see my favorite team, the White Sox. When the Colt 45's began playing in Houston they became my favorite team. I've been to many ballgames in Houston.

Until 5 years ago, I had only been to ballparks in Texas (Arlington 2 and Houston 3), St. Louis (2 ballparks), Kansas City (1950's), Atlanta (Fulton County Stadium), Wrigley, and Dodger Stadium.

It had always been my dream to see all the MLB teams play in their home stadiums. At age 56 I decided it was time to get started on making my dream a reality. Over the past 4 years my wife and I have seen 24 of the 30 MLB teams play in their home stadiums. We have averaged six teams and two trips per year.

Later this month we will start a road trip to see the D'backs, Angels, A's, Giants, Dodgers, and Padres in that order. One highlight of the trip will be seeing the A's game with a 12:30 pm start and then taking the BART to the Giants game at 7:00 pm. This will be the first time I will have seen two games in two different stadiums on the same day. The next day we can repeat the trip.

I have a 30 baseball display case. Right now it contains balls from all but 5 teams. After this summer trip I expect it will be filled with a ball from each of the 30 MLB teams. However, 3 of the teams we've seen are now playing in new stadiums so we will have to make return trips - NYY, NYM, and the Nationals.

There are several stadiums on my "must return to" list - Safeco Field in Seatlle, PNC Park in Pittsburgh, Jacobs Field in Cleveland, Orioles Park, and most of all, Wrigley Field. My favorite ballpark has been Wrigley Field.
    Last edited by HoDo-Tech70; 05-11-2009 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Forgot a ballpark

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Turner Field
    Ballpark in Arlington
    Arlington Stadium (MLB and college football . . Tech at UT-Arlington)
    Astrodome (MLB and Tech-Houston football)
    Minute Maid Park
    Anaheim Stadium
    Alameda Colisieum (Oakland)
    Wrigley Field
    Fenway Park
    old Busch Stadium
    Pittsburgh PNC Park (prettiest view)
    Candlestick Park
    Dodger Stadium
    Jack Murphy Stadium
    Petco Stadium
    Philly Veterans Stadium
    Joe Robbie Stadium
    Thanks for the memory update, Rus-La!

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Arlington Stadium (MLB and college football . . Tech at UT-Arlington)-DP

WOW! I remember going to one game against UTA on campus (early 80s), but didn't know they ever played in the old baseball stadium. How was the crowd noise factor?:icon_wink:
    From what I remember the crowd was mainly in the outfield stands.
    They played from left field base line to the right field baseline. My vantage point to shoot the game film was in the pressbox behind home plate. Therefore, I stayed zoomed in the entire game (which is not good for steady viewing . . . sorry Coach Mick).

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    OK MLB fans, don't forget to put the Baseball Hall of Fame on your bucket list. I've been there twice and plan on returning. It is a must see if you are a baseball fan.
    also, if you're in the boston area and have a little time, drive down to hyannis and visit the cape cod league hall of fame. i went back in '05, but it wasn't anything special. however, they've recently opened a new museum that is supposed to be very, very nice. a lot of very, very good baseball players have come through that league.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Thanks for the memory update, Rus-La!
    If only my list could be as good as yours, though...

+ Reply to Thread