The Marlins are building a new ball park? Are they hoping to get their average draw up to 25,000 per night?

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
Congratulations on reaching 15 ballparks. That's quite an accomplishment.

Why just two new ballparks? Here's two suggestions for using your "free" AirTran tickets:
  1. Fly to an east coast city for games in Washington, Baltimore, Philadelphia, and New York (2 teams). You've already seen Boston but you could repeat that and maybe also get in a game in Toronto while you are up that way. You can do all this without renting a car. All stadiums are accessible using existing transit - Amtrak, commuter trains, subways, city bus, Greyhound. Or,
  2. Fly to a west coast city for games in L.A., Anaheim, San Diego, Oakland, San Francisco, Phoenix, and even possibly Seattle. A rental car would be best, but it can be done using Amtrak and commuter trains or buses along with a taxi to Dodger Stadium. When we went to SF, Oakland, and San Diego, we rode commuter rail to the ballparks. We drove to the other ballparks although Phoenix and Seattle have commuter rail stations near the ballparks also.
With a favorable schedule and lots of travel, you could get 6 or 7 games in different ballparks in a week. If you have to choose between Greyhound or Amtrak to get between cities, I would strongly suggest Amtrak. We've ridden it many times without any problems. My one experience using Greyhound was not pleasant. Commuter air is also available, especially in the east.

I'm trying to add another MLB related goal to my bucket list - see games in all 30 MLB stadiums in the same season. My wife hasn't agreed to attempt this yet. We'll see if I can convince her.

In 2012 the new Marlins Ballpark should be open. When the 2012 schedule comes out, we'll pick out a good series before making plans. We are looking forward to seeing you there.