+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB stadiums

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Re: MLB stadiums

Fulton County
    "Old" Busch (the second one, I guess)
    Ballpark in Arlington (new)

But for ktulu7, I've also seen games in Koshien, the Osaka Dome, and Green/Yahoo/Skymark Stadium.

HoDO, you should add Koshien to your list, it's quite an experience. Babe Ruth played there!

Koshien's old school, ivy covered walls, tight seating, right in the middle of the city, almost no parking, you pretty much have to take the train, crazy hard-core fans.

Skymark is big and nice and new and out in a park area (Ichiro's old stadium).

The Osaka Dome is ok. Has little AC vents in the back of the seats, so that is nice. Actually saw a brawl there, which is pretty unusual for Japanese baseball. Also saw our boy Tim Rattay in a SF/Washington pre-season game.

Champ Tdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the rough Tdawg87's Avatar

This will be old school and not a MLB park, but here goes.

SPAR Stadium (Home of the Shreveport Braves/Sports/Captains) Actually played on that field in the very early 80's for a high school game. Not MLB, but pretty cool if you remember it.

When I was very young, say around 1969-70 saw some major leaguers play there in an exhibition game. Guys like Dusty Baker and some guy named Hank Aaron.

Later on guys like Daryl Strawberry came into town when they were playing with the Jackson Mets. He hit one out that is STILL going.

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

Astrodome
    Enron/Minute Made Park
    Busch II
    Fenway
    Oriole Park at Camden Yards
    Great American Ballpark
    PetCo - June 21, 2009
    Los Angeles Coliseum - but not for a baseball game
    Colt .45s Stadium site
    Houston Buffs Stadium site
    Last edited by Poisso3; 05-28-2009 at 01:35 PM. Reason: updating list

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

-Coors Field
    -Astrodome
    -Enron/Minute Made Park
    -Busch (old)
    -KC Municipal Stadium for Kansas City A's (44 years ago or so)
    -Seems like City Park in New Orleans (watched the Yakees ??? in exhibition play somebody it seems...I was very young) anyone else remember this or am I dreaming?
    -Zephyer Field :>)
    -Old and new ballpark in Arlington

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    -Coors Field
    -Astrodome
    -Enron/Minute Made Park
    -Busch (old)
    -KC Municipal Stadium for Kansas City A's (44 years ago or so)
    -Seems like City Park in New Orleans (watched the Yakees ??? in exhibition play somebody it seems...I was very young) anyone else remember this or am I dreaming?
    -Zephyer Field :>)
    -Old and new ballpark in Arlington
    Well, in that case . . . add GSU's baseball field . . . G-Men vs. the BronxBombers (even though Reggie Jax just hit one to the warning track). I like my pic of Reggie's swing . . . there's a multitude of kids sitting up in a tree outside the foul territory fence. Need to find that pic.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Over the past week, my wife and I have watched baseball in Frisco (AA), Albuquergue (AAA) and MLB games for the Diamondbacks (Monday afternoon), Angels (Tuesday night), A's (Wednesday afternoon), and Giants (Wednesday night). The A's game followed by the Giants game across the bay was the first time I've ever seen two games in different cities in the same day.

AT&T park (Giants) is one of the best baseball stadiums. It is a must see for baseball fans. I had done a lot of research so I carefully selected seats in the front row of the upper deck that offered a great view of the bay and the game. I wore my jacket and took a blanket. Our seats were excellent but the 55 degree weather and the constant wind made it feel bitter cold. After 6 innings I was so cold I had to find some place warm so we headed to the lower level. We found shelter in the standing room section on the first level. The view was not good but I could still see the game. We watched the last 3 innings of the game standing.

I'm now down to 1 team - the Padres. I've seen 29 of the 30 teams in their home stadiums. The Padres will be back in San Diego next week. We'll get in a Dodgers game and some minor league games as we travel around California.

Signing off to head out to the Redwood Forest in Northern California.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

You'll enjoy Petco in San Diego.
    Their video board is awesome.

PS--Went to Turner Field again in mid-May . . Chipper hit a shot over left center field fence. First pro baseball game for my daughter.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dawgpix; 05-28-2009 at 12:28 PM.

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Astrodome
    Enron/Minute Maid Park
    Arlington Stadium
    Rangers Ballpark in Arlington
    Old Mile High Stadium (Rockies)
    RFK

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    You'll enjoy Petco in San Diego.
    Their video board is awesome.

PS--Went to Turner Field again in mid-May . . Chipper hit a shot over left center field fence. First pro baseball game for my daughter.
    Dang TMo! How did you have such a pretty daughter?

Attached Thumbnails

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Dang TMo! How did you have such a pretty daughter?

Attached Thumbnails
    Thanks, TT. One year and she'll be a nursing graduate from the right coast USC!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Thanks, TT. One year and she'll be a nursing graduate from the right coast USC!
    Awesome! Congrats!!!!!

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Old Comiskey
    New Comiskey
    Wrigley
    Arlington Stadium
    Ballpark in Arlington
    Numerous Spring training and minor league stadiums.

Going down to Houston to see the Astros this summer so that will be another one.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

I actually just got back from Illinois visiting with family where we attended a Peoria Chiefs game. For a single A ballclub, they have a pretty nice field. I was disappointed that Ryne Sandberg is no longer the manager there. However, I did get some pleasure in seeing a guy walking around wearing a Scott Kazmir shirt.

Varsity Bulldog Haughtondawg seems to have something between the earsHaughtondawg seems to have something between the earsHaughtondawg seems to have something between the earsHaughtondawg seems to have something between the earsHaughtondawg seems to have something between the earsHaughtondawg seems to have something between the earsHaughtondawg seems to have something between the ears Haughtondawg's Avatar

Fulton County
    Mile High (Rockies)
    Arlington
    The Ballpark
    Minute Maid
    Municipal Stadium (Old Cleveland Indians)

and numerous minor league stadiums

Big Dog Slackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the rough

Fenway
    Comerica
    PNC
    PETCO
    Astrodome
    Trustmark (MS Braves - AA - Jackson, MS) - a lot

+ Reply to Thread