+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MLB stadiums

Champ Reckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud of Reckless Abandon's Avatar

Re: MLB stadiums

Arlington (old and new)
    Minute Maid
    Astrodome
    Turner Field
    Old Yankee Stadium
    Kauffman Stadium
    Kingdome
    Camden Yards

The Braves are my favorite team but Minute Maid is my favorite stadium I've been to.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Arlington Stadium
    The Ballpark in Arlington
    Atlanta Fulton-County Stadium
    Astrodome
    Minute Maid (might have been Enron when I went)
    Busch
    Old Tiger Stadium

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Arlington Stadium
    The Ballpark Arlington
    Astrodome
    Wrigley
    Old Busch
    Toronto
    Reliant this August
    Maybe St Louis in August

For a minor league field I strongly recommend Legends Field in Lexington KY. A great ball park.

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Wrigley
    Fenway
    Camden Yards
    Old Yankee Stadium
    Turner Field
    Angel Stadium of Anaheim
    Kaufman Stadium
    Minute Maid Park
    Ballpark in Arlington
    Astrodome

also...
    Zepher Stadium - AAA
    Dell Diamond - AAA
    Wataburger Field - AA
    Trustmark Field - AA
    Dr. Pepper Stadium - AA http://www.ballparkreviews.com/frisco/frisco.htm Coolest ballpark I've been to
    Cracker Jack Stadium - AAA, Spring (played in this one)
    Osceola County Stadium - Spring (played in this one)

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Astrodome
    Minute Maid Park
    Arlington Stadium
    Ballpark in Arlington
    Fulton County Stadium
    Turner Field
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

www.ballparkreviews.com if you like to see reviews of OLD and new stadiums you can find them. Everything from fairgrounds in Shreveport to Bringhurst in Alexandria. You get a sense of the history from these places and can imagine a better day and age when baseball wasn't about huge contracts or sponsorships. Fields of the Evangiline Leagues and Southern Leagues, Texas-Lousiana League, and the independent leagues that are currently in place. I've spent hours reading reviews of ballparks I've never heard of and the ones that I used to run around as a kid in high school

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

I've done it!!!! As my wife said tonight "it's been totally fun". She's talking about baseball.

We have now seen all 30 MLB teams play a game in their home stadiums in just 5 years. Tonight (Pacific Time) we finished our quest with a game at Petco Park in San Diego. We had excellent seats behind home plate. The Padres had a 6 run inning and hung on to win 6-4.

Last night, we saw the Dodgers win in the bottom on the ninth with 2 runs with two outs against Phillies closer Brad Lidge. The 53,000+ people went crazy.

I wanted to see Brian Rike on this trip but due to sightseeing in the Redwood Forest, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite and other places we got behind schedule and missed his team.

On this trip, we've seen 4 minor league games in different ballparks so far in addition to 6 MLB games. I hope to see at least two more minor league games.

We are working on our list of favorite parks and will eventually post it. AG, don't be upset but Tropicana Field is in last place. It's worse than the Metrodome.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    I've done it!!!! As my wife said tonight "it's been totally fun". She's talking about baseball.

We have now seen all 30 MLB teams play a game in their home stadiums in just 5 years. Tonight (Pacific Time) we finished our quest with a game at Petco Park in San Diego. We had excellent seats behind home plate. The Padres had a 6 run inning and hung on to win 6-4.

Last night, we saw the Dodgers win in the bottom on the ninth with 2 runs with two outs against Phillies closer Brad Lidge. The 53,000+ people went crazy.

I wanted to see Brian Rike on this trip but due to sightseeing in the Redwood Forest, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite and other places we got behind schedule and missed his team.

On this trip, we've seen 4 minor league games in different ballparks so far in addition to 6 MLB games. I hope to see at least two more minor league games.

We are working on our list of favorite parks and will eventually post it. AG, don't be upset but Tropicana Field is in last place. It's worse than the Metrodome.
    Congrats! Sounds like fun. I want to do it, but with all 120 FBS football teams :icon_wink:
    Sarcasm...

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Congratuations!
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

That's awesome! Can you list them in the order you went to each ballpark?

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Ah, I totally agree. We are talking about a new stadium. You know, I really think Tampa Bay needs a dome because of the weather, but I really despise the catwalks. A player should never have anything in between himself and the ball. So far, all of the ideas thrown out by the team have been outlandish.

THEN, nearly all of the restaurants inside are chains. Every park has at least one food item that really represents the team. The Rays have Papa Johns and Checkers.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

WOW! How cool is that!!!!!!!!!! We are going to need a detailed breakdown even to which stadium had the best nachos etc..... That's when you get the chance of course. Congrats!!

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poisso3 View Post
    That's awesome! Can you list them in the order you went to each ballpark?
    Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    WOW! How cool is that!!!!!!!!!! We are going to need a detailed breakdown even to which stadium had the best nachos etc..... That's when you get the chance of course. Congrats!!
    I will post more details about my journeys when I get back to North Louisiana next week. Right now we're heading out to catch a trolley to tour San Diego. It has a stop near the border with Tijuana, Mexico. My wife and I have our passports but we may not make the border crossing.

Tonight we'll see a MiLB game at Lake Elsinore California. Tuesday will be the day we turn the car toward the east and start the trip home.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I will post more details about my journeys when I get back to North Louisiana next week. Right now we're heading out to catch a trolley to tour San Diego. It has a stop near the border with Tijuana, Mexico. My wife and I have our passports but we may not make the border crossing.

Tonight we'll see a MiLB game at Lake Elsinore California. Tuesday will be the day we turn the car toward the east and start the trip home.
    Sounds like a great time. Have fun and drive safe!

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

My wife says that sometimes. But she ain't talking about baseball.

+ Reply to Thread