+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: MLB stadiums

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: MLB stadiums

Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70
    I've done it!!!! As my wife said tonight "it's been totally fun". She's talking about baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    My wife says that sometimes. But she ain't talking about baseball.
    It still involves a bat and some balls though.

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

Quote Originally Posted by Poisso3 View Post
    Astrodome
    Enron/Minute Made Park
    Busch II
    Fenway
    Oriole Park at Camden Yards
    Great American Ballpark
    PetCo
    Los Angeles Coliseum - but not for a baseball game
    Colt .45s Stadium site
    Houston Buffs Stadium site

Have to edit my list as I made it to see a game at PetCo this past Sunday. Not a bad place, but the food lines were way to long!

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

For those of you who like "Ballpark Food" the Rangers now have all you can eat seats. I think the tickets are around $35 and you get all the food and soft drinks you can gorge yourself on. If I go there they might discontinue that campaign.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    For those of you who like "Ballpark Food" the Rangers now have all you can eat seats. I think the tickets are around $35 and you get all the food and soft drinks you can gorge yourself on. If I go there they might discontinue that campaign.
    which seats?

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    I'll be there for the July 4th weekend and I really thought hard about getting those seats.

I mentioned this in another thread, but in Lakeland a MiLB team has all-you-can-eat Wednesday. The ticket was $10 because I got the "good" seats and it was a double header. I had 4 hours of all of the concession food being free. The total attendance of the game was less than 100 people too. In my mind, all-you-can-eat is more of a challenge than an offer. I'm challenged by the words to find out whether or not it really is all-I-can-eat. So far, the restaurants have all been true to their word.

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar

Several teams are doing the All-You-Can-Eat seats. I could have got one of those seats for my Padres game, but I didn't care to pay $60 for 5 innings of a game since my flight got in late. The concept is perfect considering the price of ballpark food, but you are not getting the premium foods, only the basic burgers and dogs, and the A-Y-C-E beer is only two beers per inning, and it stops in the 7th for most clubs.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Atlanta has all-you-can-eat-and-drink seats for $60. The peanuts are awesome, but the beer sucks (Bud, Bud Light, and Busch).
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

This weekend I added Comerica and Miller Park. Friday was Wrigley, Saturday was Detroit, and Monday was Miller Park. During these games we saw a 2 hour, 45 minute rain delay, a grand slam by a pitcher, and caught a ball (almost had two). All teams combined for 43 runs in the 3 games and the visitor won each day. In short, we saw it all.

The MLB stadium count is up to 15.

Damn, talk about reviving history! AG, you stopping in StL?

I added Wrigly back on Memorial Day.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Wrigley
    Comiskey (old)
    Ball Park in Arlington (new)
    Minute-Maid

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Old Arlington Stadium
    Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium
    Ballpark in Arlington
    Busch
    Astrodome
    Old Tiger Stadium
    Minute Maid Park (may have been Enron when I went)

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    also, if you're in the boston area and have a little time, drive down to hyannis and visit the cape cod league hall of fame. i went back in '05, but it wasn't anything special. however, they've recently opened a new museum that is supposed to be very, very nice. a lot of very, very good baseball players have come through that league.
    I had a buddy who played for Cotuit, the pictures of the park are amazing. It is the premier college league in a beautiful part of the country. I would like to go up that way when they are playing at some point.

Big Dog localdawg is an unknown

FENWAY PARK

The Ballpark in Arlington

Old Yankee Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Poisso3 View Post
    Damn, talk about reviving history! AG, you stopping in StL?

I added Wrigly back on Memorial Day.
    I visited the new Busch last year. It was a real nice stadium.

Then on the way back, Airtran requested volunteers to be bumped and offered to pay for the hotel for the night, dinner for the evening, and two free roundtrip tickets to anywhere Airtran flies.

Now I just need to pick two new ballparks, =o).

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    I visited the new Busch last year. It was a real nice stadium.

Then on the way back, Airtran requested volunteers to be bumped and offered to pay for the hotel for the night, dinner for the evening, and two free roundtrip tickets to anywhere Airtran flies.

Now I just need to pick two new ballparks, =o).
    Congratulations on reaching 15 ballparks. That's quite an accomplishment.

Why just two new ballparks? Here's two suggestions for using your "free" AirTran tickets:
    1. Fly to an east coast city for games in Washington, Baltimore, Philadelphia, and New York (2 teams). You've already seen Boston but you could repeat that and maybe also get in a game in Toronto while you are up that way. You can do all this without renting a car. All stadiums are accessible using existing transit - Amtrak, commuter trains, subways, city bus, Greyhound. Or,
    2. Fly to a west coast city for games in L.A., Anaheim, San Diego, Oakland, San Francisco, Phoenix, and even possibly Seattle. A rental car would be best, but it can be done using Amtrak and commuter trains or buses along with a taxi to Dodger Stadium. When we went to SF, Oakland, and San Diego, we rode commuter rail to the ballparks. We drove to the other ballparks although Phoenix and Seattle have commuter rail stations near the ballparks also.
    With a favorable schedule and lots of travel, you could get 6 or 7 games in different ballparks in a week. If you have to choose between Greyhound or Amtrak to get between cities, I would strongly suggest Amtrak. We've ridden it many times without any problems. My one experience using Greyhound was not pleasant. Commuter air is also available, especially in the east.

I'm trying to add another MLB related goal to my bucket list - see games in all 30 MLB stadiums in the same season. My wife hasn't agreed to attempt this yet. We'll see if I can convince her.

In 2012 the new Marlins Ballpark should be open. When the 2012 schedule comes out, we'll pick out a good series before making plans. We are looking forward to seeing you there.

+ Reply to Thread