+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: MLB stadiums

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re: MLB stadiums

The Marlins are building a new ball park? Are they hoping to get their average draw up to 25,000 per night?

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    Congratulations on reaching 15 ballparks. That's quite an accomplishment.

Why just two new ballparks? Here's two suggestions for using your "free" AirTran tickets:
    1. Fly to an east coast city for games in Washington, Baltimore, Philadelphia, and New York (2 teams). You've already seen Boston but you could repeat that and maybe also get in a game in Toronto while you are up that way. You can do all this without renting a car. All stadiums are accessible using existing transit - Amtrak, commuter trains, subways, city bus, Greyhound. Or,
    2. Fly to a west coast city for games in L.A., Anaheim, San Diego, Oakland, San Francisco, Phoenix, and even possibly Seattle. A rental car would be best, but it can be done using Amtrak and commuter trains or buses along with a taxi to Dodger Stadium. When we went to SF, Oakland, and San Diego, we rode commuter rail to the ballparks. We drove to the other ballparks although Phoenix and Seattle have commuter rail stations near the ballparks also.
    With a favorable schedule and lots of travel, you could get 6 or 7 games in different ballparks in a week. If you have to choose between Greyhound or Amtrak to get between cities, I would strongly suggest Amtrak. We've ridden it many times without any problems. My one experience using Greyhound was not pleasant. Commuter air is also available, especially in the east.

I'm trying to add another MLB related goal to my bucket list - see games in all 30 MLB stadiums in the same season. My wife hasn't agreed to attempt this yet. We'll see if I can convince her.

In 2012 the new Marlins Ballpark should be open. When the 2012 schedule comes out, we'll pick out a good series before making plans. We are looking forward to seeing you there.
    Good old Memorial Gym

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

I'm trying to add another MLB related goal to my bucket list - see games in all 30 MLB stadiums in the same season. My wife hasn't agreed to attempt this yet. We'll see if I can convince her.
    I'm telling you, try the Japanese stadium tour. Koshien, for one, is totally worth it.

I've heard the Caribbean winter leagues are a cool experience, too.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    The Marlins are building a new ball park? Are they hoping to get their average draw up to 25,000 per night?
    The one Marlins game I attended may have had 6,000 people there. It may be a great football stadium but Dolphins Stadium is a poor place to play baseball. The food was good, but the seating was designed for watching football.

I would suspect that taxpayers are the primary investors in the new stadium. Hopefully, they will get their money's worth.

It is being built with a retractable dome. This should eliminate the numerous rain delays.

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I'm telling you, try the Japanese stadium tour. Koshien, for one, is totally worth it.

I've thought about Caribbean winter league baseball and it's a possibility, but Japan is a longshot. We've got so many other places we reallly want to see first. Hawaii is next on our bucket list.

Maybe TECH will have a series in Hawaii next year. I haven't kept up with conference realignment so I don't know if they will even be in the conference for baseball. If they are in the conference, the series should be in Ruston.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Maybe TECH will have a series in Hawaii next year. I haven't kept up with conference realignment so I don't know if they will even be in the conference for baseball. If they are in the conference, the series should be in Ruston.
    Hawaii will still be in the WAC this spring for baseball season.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

I BARELY missed out on going to a Chiba baseball game right after they had won the the Japan Series... I've spent a decent amount of time around the Tokyo Dome, and was there when Japan and Korea were playing in the World Baseball Classic. The "Blue Dolphin" roller coaster there is pretty sweet.

My workplace is sending me to Minneapolis for a week this month, so I'm planning to see if I can sneak over to Target Field to see the Twins and Orioles play, if I can.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7 View Post
    I BARELY missed out on going to a Chiba baseball game right after they had won the the Japan Series... I've spent a decent amount of time around the Tokyo Dome, and was there when Japan and Korea were playing in the World Baseball Classic. The "Blue Dolphin" roller coaster there is pretty sweet.

My workplace is sending me to Minneapolis for a week this month, so I'm planning to see if I can sneak over to Target Field to see the Twins and Orioles play, if I can.
    Correction, I told the boss about this idea, and he's like "LET'S GO!" I won't have to sneak off after all!

Varsity Bulldog OakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the roughOakTechDawg is a jewel in the rough OakTechDawg's Avatar

Turner Field
    Astrodome
    Enron Field/Minute Maid Park
    Ballpark in Arlington
    old Busch Stadium
    old Cincy stadium
    also been to the Louisville wooden bat museum/factory

drove by San Diego's new stadium but the people I were with did not want to stop

Varsity Bulldog jellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the rough jellidawg's Avatar

Fenway
    Fulton County
    Busch Stadium (current)
    Astrodome
    Coors Field
    The Ballpark in Arlington

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

I want to add my first international ballpark soon. Puerto Rico might be a good choice. I would also like to see some of the British Baseball Federation.

Congratulations on reaching 15 ballparks. That's quite an accomplishment.

In 2012 the new Marlins Ballpark should be open. When the 2012 schedule comes out, we'll pick out a good series before making plans. We are looking forward to seeing you there.
    Thank you. I sort of followed this advice in pairing Nationals Park and Camden Yards this past weekend. I saw Strasburg pitch on Sunday and then saw the Rays Monday and Tuesday. It was a great road trip. Baltimore is a pretty cool city and they have a great park.

30 parks in the same season is going to be tough.

I'll be there in Miami. Let me know when. I thought I might use the other free airfare to go see Los Angeles and knock out a few more stadiums next year.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    I want to add my first international ballpark soon. Puerto Rico might be a good choice. I would also like to see some of the British Baseball Federation.
    I hope to spend some time in Puerto Rico prior to or during a cruise and I may take in a ballgame there. Montreal and Toronto MLB games have been my only international games to date. I spent a couple weeks in Canada this summer but didn't go to a ballgame.

30 parks in the same season is going to be tough.
    Yes, it will be tough. However, I've added this goal to my bucket list. It's near the bottom of the list right now but it could move up.
    I'll be there in Miami. Let me know when. I thought I might use the other free airfare to go see Los Angeles and knock out a few more stadiums next year.
    The 2012 MLB schedules were released yesterday so I'm trying to find a good series in Miami before or after a Caribbean cruise. I'll let you know what dates we will be in Miami next year. Right now, I'm looking at the 9 game homestand in June with 3 games each vs the Braves, Rays, and Red Sox. Unfortunately, it looks like the best cruises end their season before these dates.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

I hope to spend some time in Puerto Rico prior to or during a cruise and I may take in a ballgame there. Montreal and Toronto MLB games have been my only international games to date. I spent a couple weeks in Canada this summer but didn't go to a ballgame.

Yes, it will be tough. However, I've added this goal to my bucket list. It's near the bottom of the list right now but it could move up.
    The 2012 MLB schedules were released yesterday so I'm trying to find a good series in Miami before or after a Caribbean cruise. I'll let you know what dates we will be in Miami next year. Right now, I'm looking at the 9 game homestand in June with 3 games each vs the Braves, Rays, and Red Sox. Unfortunately, it looks like the best cruises end their season before these dates.
    I don't know if I would count the two MLB as "international." While the games were, the league was not. That Rays series would be a good one, =o). I may go to that anyway. Miami isn't that far.

+ Reply to Thread