+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Beer?

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Re: Favorite Beer?

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    What end of town do you live in?
    I live in the Galleria, but just purchased a house in Rice Military.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    I live in the Galleria, but just purchased a house in Rice Military.
    Hmmmm....

Sounds as if we could get a Houston Dawg meet somewhere in the Village or at the Saucer....
    Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Hmmmm....

Sounds as if we could get a Houston Dawg meet somewhere in the Village or at the Saucer....
    Sounds good to me. That would be great.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    Sounds good to me. That would be great.
    who all is from Houston?

you
    me
    Cartek
    DFIH (obviously)
    arkansasbob
    randerizer
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

LOL. No. My wife is cool. She's okay with me going to football games, beer festivals, etc., as long as I'm going with the guys and I'm proverbially "good".
    Does she have a sister?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE collar View Post
    Does she have a sister?
    yes. bat shit crazy though.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

daybreaker3
    You're calling Molson a "macro" yet they internationally known as MolsonCoors? Molson BEFORE Coors!
    And there is NO WAY you can compare Bluemoon, Leine's, & Red Hook to Michelob. You can however compare Michelob to Plank Roads, both completely owned and opperated by one of the big three.

For example, I'm bringing Red Hook double black, Lagunitas Cappucino Stout, Kona Pipeline Porter, and Maui Coconut Porter...
    FYI, You do realize Red Hook is a so called "macro" of AB IB right?

But that list also serves as a pretty good guide of the different types of beer that craft breweries can provide, that are much better than macros produced by Bud/Inbev, or SABMiller/Coors.
    SAB Miller and MolsonCoors merged last summer IN THE US ONLY to form a US company named MillerCoors. Outside the US they are completely seperate companies and there is NO business called SABMiller/Coors. And, again Red Hook is what you like to call a "macro" from AB IB so maybe you shouldn't take that one.

And IB AB does not brew Pabst. S&P (Strohs & Pabst) is brewed by Miller.

While you may know a little about the business your facts are not correct. I will not, however, sit here and debate all the facts of the beer business either. Enjoy your beer, all of it, and just keep an open mind about beers with contracts with the big 3. Apparently you like one of them (Red Hook) anyway!

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

yes. bat shit crazy though.
    and apperently not a poster on bbb.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    I always picture Guisslap as Paul Giamatti's character from Sideways. Replacing wine with beer and classical tunes with Tool, of course.
    +10 replayed the whole movie in my mind in this manner. You guys excuse Guiss, he's already excused himself anyway. There really is no wrong beer just beer that I prefer less than others. My favorites change too often. I don't like lite beer in general, the closest thing I get to a lite beer is a Tecate in a cold glass with a little salt and lime to cool my mouth after some spicy mexican, (food dirty). We're pretty beer poor in Bossier but lately I've been enjoying a Satan's Belgian Red, I also like Newcastle for an everyday beer.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    There really is no wrong beer just beer that I prefer less than others.
    Go try this beer and then tell me if you change your mind:

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/30/42353

Yes it was given a "B" by the voters of Beer Advocate. This guy gave it a B+, but look what he had to say:

S: Smell is not ba at all. Its a bit on the weak side but some nice wild and funky notes do come out. Getting some hay and a bit of horse blanket in here. There is some decent green apple skin coming out as well. Little bit of white wine, on the sweet side. Not bad at all.

T: Taste is pretty good. Getting that nice green apple skin and meat flavor. Slightly sour apple juice. Its a bit on the sour side. Getting some wet wood and horseblanket. A bit of white wine and champagne coming out with a bit of floral flavors. There is a touch of sweet coming out, maybe just a touch of vanilla to play with the funk and touch of sour coming out here.
    If you can appreciate this beer, I would be impressed. His assessment of the smell and taste profile is correct, but this combination is just wrong.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Avery's 12th Anniversary Ale (Saison style), on the other hand, was VERY good, IMO. Reminds me of a McDonald's Apple Pie - has similar apple:bread:cinnamon:sugar profile.
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Any of y'all play in the World of Beer golf tournament?

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar

This weekend I picked up one of the ten packs of beer from around the world/mircobrews from World Market. This is the fourth one of those I've purchased.

This collection was labeled Summer Brews.

I really like the Carlsberg.

The second beer I tried was Pete's Wicked Strawberry Blonde. Pretty good but I prefer the Abita Harvest Strawberry.

Other's in the pack I'll sample in the near future include (had a couple of these before):
    Stella Artois
    Shiner Hefeweizen
    Orange Blossom Cream Ale
    Cervez Importada
    Samuel Adams White Ale
    Abita Golden
    Corona Extra
    Hoegaarden

Anybody have any thoughts on any of these beers?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg04 View Post
    This weekend I picked up one of the ten packs of beer from around the world/mircobrews from World Market. This is the fourth one of those I've purchased.

This collection was labeled Summer Brews.

I really like the Carlsberg.

The second beer I tried was Pete's Wicked Strawberry Blonde. Pretty good but I prefer the Abita Harvest Strawberry.

Other's in the pack I'll sample in the near future include (had a couple of these before):
    Stella Artois
    Shiner Hefeweizen
    Orange Blossom Cream Ale
    Cervez Importada
    Samuel Adams White Ale
    Abita Golden
    Corona Extra
    Hoegaarden

Anybody have any thoughts on any of these beers?
    Stella - The Budweiser of Belgium beers. I prefer it over domestic lagers, but that isn't saying much. Drank a six pack this weekend because there wasn't a better option at the store in Ruston.
    Samuel Adams White Ale - one of their better seasonals. Not offensive, but not very interesting either.
    Shiner Hefe - Shiner's most interesting beer. Has strong yeast flavors (phenols) like true hefeweizen's, but there are much better hefeweizens to have if you like this style.
    Corona Extra - better than Corona light
    Hoegaarden - better than the Sam Adams White Ale, same style. Mix it with Framboise to make a "Dirty Ho"
    Abita Golden - pretty good for the style, but I think the style can be a bit boring. Great "session" beer - it is light and refreshing.

Never had the Cervez Importada or the Orange Blossom.

Champ randerizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the rough randerizer's Avatar

who all is from Houston?

you
    me
    Cartek
    DFIH (obviously)
    arkansasbob
    randerizer
    I would be all for it!

+ Reply to Thread