+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Beer?

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Re: Favorite Beer?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE collar View Post
    True true but I'm moving back to Alexandria
    one step closer to Ruston......
    Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    There are already threads for discussing that very thing.
    you love Green Day
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    you love Green Day
    It is funny that you mention that, because today I was debating with my friend at lunch regarding whether Green Day belongs in the same box as Creed, Nickelback and Goo Goo Dolls. I said they are bad, but definitely not THAT bad.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

It is funny that you mention that, because today I was debating with my friend at lunch regarding whether Green Day belongs in the same box as Creed, Nickelback and Goo Goo Dolls. I said they are bad, but definitely not THAT bad.
    just marginally better

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

one step closer to Ruston......
    Cutting the gap in half... and once again, back to the topic of beer

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE collar View Post
    Cutting the gap in half... and once again, back to the topic of beer
    Drinking a Victory Prima Pils right now.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/345/1010/

I mentioned at the start of the thread that it is my favorite Pilsner. Have a couple Shiner Bocks left in my beer fridge (mixed in with a bunch of really really good beers), too.
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Drinking a Victory Prima Pils right now.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/345/1010/

I mentioned at the start of the thread that it is my favorite Pilsner. Have a couple Shiner Bocks left in my beer fridge (mixed in with a bunch of really really good beers), too.
    I'll try some pils this weekend. My bud loves the Hopdevil, but I think it's crap.

I agree with your assessment of Shiner Bock. It's not really a Bock (just Bock colored). I've had it where it has been exceptional and when it's just plain bad. However, when I'm at a bar and the selection is Shiner Bock vs. Bud. Miller, et.al., I get the SB....

I'll try some pils this weekend. My bud loves the Hopdevil, but I think it's crap.

I agree with your assessment of Shiner Bock. It's not really a Bock (just Bock colored). I've had it where it has been exceptional and when it's just plain bad. However, when I'm at a bar and the selection is Shiner Bock vs. Bud. Miller, et.al., I get the SB....
    It is surprising to me that you do not like the Hopdevil. It reminds me of Avery's Maharaja. I am sure everyone's palate is unique, but SN Torpedo is more similar to DH90. I prefer the SN and DH to Avery and Victory's IPA offerings.

It is surprising to me that you do not like the Hopdevil. It reminds me of Avery's Maharaja. I am sure everyone's palate is unique, but SN Torpedo is more similar to DH90. I prefer the SN and DH to Avery and Victory's IPA offerings.
    The HopDevil has too much of a Cascade Hop flavouring to it (piney vs. citrusy).

But it's as you said, it all depends on each person's palate.

My bud hated the Widmer Bro's Halo IPA. I though it was okay.

Champ daybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the rough

Torpedo is a great (D)IPA. Sure, it's not as good as Stone Ruination, or Pliny the Elder... but at $1.50 a bottle, you cant beat it. Just like North Coast Old Rasputin RIS is the best RIS by value.

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker3 View Post
    Torpedo is a great (D)IPA. Sure, it's not as good as Stone Ruination, or Pliny the Elder... but at $1.50 a bottle, you cant beat it. Just like North Coast Old Rasputin RIS is the best RIS by value.
    Have you had Victory's Storm King? It is a very impressive RIS, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker3 View Post
    Ruination is a bit over the top for me. I prefer the "plain" Stone IPA. Same thing with DFH. I prefer the 90 to the 60 to the 120. The high ABV gets too sweet. I still like them just not as much as the lower ABV's,

The reason I like the Avery Maharajah is tha they've hit the high ABV, but have still kept that high hop intensity.

Ruination is a bit over the top for me. I prefer the "plain" Stone IPA. Same thing with DFH. I prefer the 90 to the 60 to the 120. The high ABV gets too sweet. I still like them just not as much as the lower ABV's,

The reason I like the Avery Maharajah is tha they've hit the high ABV, but have still kept that high hop intensity.
    You saying the 120 is not ridiculously hoppy?

By ABV (least to greatest)
    DH60 = 6.0% abv
    Torpedo = 7.2% abv
    Ruination = 7.7%abv
    DH 90 = 9.0% abv
    Maharaja = 10.2% abv
    DH 120 =21.0% abv

By Hoppiness (my estimation) - greatest to least
    DH 120
    Ruination
    Maharaja
    DH 90/Torpedo
    DH 60

You saying the 120 is not ridiculously hoppy?

By ABV (least to greatest)
    DH60 = 6.0% abv
    Torpedo = 7.2% abv
    Ruination = 7.7%abv
    DH 90 = 9.0% abv
    Maharaja = 10.2% abv
    DH 120 =21.0% abv

By Hoppiness (my estimation) - greatest to least
    DH 120
    Ruination
    Maharaja
    DH 90/Torpedo
    DH 60
    No. i'm saying the sweetness due to the high ABV supercedes the flavour of the extra hops.

I'm not saying that I don't enjoy the DH 120, it's great, but I prefer the tast of the others more.

No. i'm saying the sweetness due to the high ABV supercedes the flavour of the extra hops.

I'm not saying that I don't enjoy the DH 120, it's great, but I prefer the tast of the others more.
    Me too. I agree that DH120 is too sweet, but it is the ridiculous hop level that makes it so difficult to drink even at a normal IPA drinking pace, IMO.

+ Reply to Thread