+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BB&B Motorcyclist?

Puppy ShadowDog seems to have something between the earsShadowDog seems to have something between the earsShadowDog seems to have something between the earsShadowDog seems to have something between the earsShadowDog seems to have something between the earsShadowDog seems to have something between the earsShadowDog seems to have something between the earsShadowDog seems to have something between the ears ShadowDog's Avatar

BB&B Motorcyclist?

I was wanting to know if we've got any motorcycle riders on the board, and if so, what kind of bike do you ride?

I've been thinking really, really hard about buying a Harley Super Glide when I get back home from overseas. I think the first thing I'm going to do when I get back from good ol' Afghanistan is to take a nice long ride from Central Texas up to Ruston for an October football game. The open road and fall breeze on the way to a Bulldog football game is just about my picture perfect weekend trip right now.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Re: BB&B Motorcyclist?

Just cooled down from my weekend ride into Central Texas on my Harley Road King Custom!!! Damn good time was had by all! Lots of great rides and spots for riders in the Hill Country!

DFiH

Puppy ShadowDog seems to have something between the earsShadowDog seems to have something between the earsShadowDog seems to have something between the earsShadowDog seems to have something between the earsShadowDog seems to have something between the earsShadowDog seems to have something between the earsShadowDog seems to have something between the earsShadowDog seems to have something between the ears ShadowDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFaninHous View Post
    Just cooled down from my weekend ride into Central Texas on my Harley Road King Custom!!! Damn good time was had by all! Lots of great rides and spots for riders in the Hill Country!

DFiH
    Nice, Road King is a beast that holds all of the traditional lineage of the Harley. Great bike! How long have you been riding yours?

Glad to hear that you enjoyed the Hill country. I live in Salado, north of Austin, and to be honest I really love central Texas more than I do any other portion of the state. From Marble Falls, down to San Antonio, and west to Enchanted Rock, you can hardly go wrong. Where were you riding this weekend?

Big Dog honker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the rough

My motorbike career lasted about 8 months. I only logged about 400 miles on my bike before I met a grown black lab on a highway. The dog lived (I think) and luckily I did too.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDog View Post
    Nice, Road King is a beast that holds all of the traditional lineage of the Harley. Great bike! How long have you been riding yours?

Glad to hear that you enjoyed the Hill country. I live in Salado, north of Austin, and to be honest I really love central Texas more than I do any other portion of the state. From Marble Falls, down to San Antonio, and west to Enchanted Rock, you can hardly go wrong. Where were you riding this weekend?
    Been riding this one for 2 years! It is an '05, the last year they made the Custom.

We went to Gruene, then to Luckenbach, Bandera, over to San Antonio, then up to Dripping Springs, back to Luckenbach (needed another Lone Star Light) then back to Austin and home yesterday!! Got in some rain, but for the most part had a great ride!

The 1st Annual Memorial Weekend Free Spirit Fun Run!!!! Believe me the free spririt part doesn't work so well at 10 o'clock Saturday night without a hotel room on Memorial weekend!!! We spent 2 hours fining 2 rooms in San Antonio (we started looking in Bourne)!!!! Everything ealse was fine!

DFiH

We went to Gruene, then to Luckenbach, Bandera, over to San Antonio, then up to Dripping Springs, back to Luckenbach (needed another Lone Star Light) then back to Austin and home yesterday!! Got in some rain, but for the most part had a great ride!

DFiH
    I've gotta say I'm a little jealous; I'd give half of my paycheck for a Lone Star at Luckenbach right now! Glad to hear you guys had such a good time. Next time you're down in that direction, stop by Lockhart and have some BBQ. You won't regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by honker22 View Post
    My motorbike career lasted about 8 months. I only logged about 400 miles on my bike before I met a grown black lab on a highway. The dog lived (I think) and luckily I did too.
    Ouch Honker, that sucks to hear that your motorbike career came to such an end... No bueno at all.

I've gotta say I'm a little jealous; I'd give half of my paycheck for a Lone Star at Luckenbach right now! Glad to hear you guys had such a good time. Next time you're down in that direction, stop by Lockhart and have some BBQ. You won't regret it.
    I have driven through Lockhart heading to Luling, which I must admit I thought was where you bought Bar-b-q. Where in Lockhart do you go?

I will be craving BBQ after this week! I am in Malta today but headed to Libya for a week tomorrow. There is no beer there (I can't get in trouble on any silly beer threads) and no Texas BBQ.... I guess I will be able to eat goat or some sucj nonsense! Back in Texas in 10 days!

DFiH

Big Dog Lone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of light Lone Star Dawg's Avatar

I have driven through Lockhart heading to Luling, which I must admit I thought was where you bought Bar-b-q. Where in Lockhart do you go?

I will be craving BBQ after this week! I am in Malta today but headed to Libya for a week tomorrow. There is no beer there (I can't get in trouble on any silly beer threads) and no Texas BBQ.... I guess I will be able to eat goat or some sucj nonsense! Back in Texas in 10 days!

DFiH
    http://www.lockhart-tx.org/web98/vis...taloftexas.asp

You don't know what you missed out on. Three of the best BBQ places on the face of the planet. Smitty's and Kreuz's are the best known, but I'm partial to Black's. I would try all three if you get the chance, you know just for comparison's sake.

Lone Star, you know your Texas BBQ -- I'm impressed. I really enjoy all three. I like Kreuz's quite a bit, but I like home made BBQ sauce, and that's something they don't do, at all. Oh, that and no forks; just crackers. If you like a good ribeye Lone Star, make your way over to Salado on I-35 and have one at Johnny's Steakhouse. You won't be disappointed.

Nice DawgFan, make sure you tell Qadafi I said "howdy!" And I can definitely feel you on the countdown. I keep one myself.

Big Dog Lone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of light Lone Star Dawg's Avatar

Lone Star, you know your Texas BBQ -- I'm impressed. I really enjoy all three. I like Kreuz's quite a bit, but I like home made BBQ sauce, and that's something they don't do, at all. Oh, that and no forks; just crackers. If you like a good ribeye Lone Star, make your way over to Salado on I-35 and have one at Johnny's Steakhouse. You won't be disappointed.

Nice DawgFan, make sure you tell Qadafi I said "howdy!" And I can definitely feel you on the countdown. I keep one myself.
    I'll have to try that out next time I head down to Georgetown. I got spoiled to being able to drive to all the good eating places in central Texas while living in Austin. In fact, I would move back to central Texas in a heartbeat if it didn't mean I would be further away from Ruston during football season.

+ Reply to Thread