+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Coach

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

New Coach

Sounds like a very good hire. Wonder why he left Maryland?

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Re: New Coach

WOW! Huge hire! WTG Spoon!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, this is BIG! Bigger than any of us realize!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

WAY TO GO SPOON!

"I am so excited to be joining Coach Weatherspoon and the tradition-rich program at Louisiana Tech," Park said. "Her passion for the university was evident from the first moment I spoke with her, and it is easy to see the positive impact she has had since her return to Ruston.
    "There is an amazing amount of pride and support for women's basketball in the local community, and I am anxious to get to work and help Coach Weatherspoon continue to build a program that will make past, present and future Lady Techsters proud."

This is about Park from the Maryland Site:
    http://www.umterps.com/sports/w-bask...052909aac.html

Interestingly, when someone told me that we may be getting the Asst. Coach from Maryland, I thought they were talking about another one of their coaches that just left. The other one (and I can't find the article now, but it was on their site last week stated that she was going to pursue other interests in Louisiana. So, Frese lost 2 Assistants both to Louisiana. I just don't know what the other one is going to be doing or where.

Here is the other one:
    http://www.umterps.com/sports/w-bask...051509aaa.html

It says she will not be in coaching, but is going to Louisiana.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

I hope somebody on BB&B can spend some time with this guy. I would like to know what he sees that drew him here. He mentioned Spoon's enthusiasm and community support. He has been on a pretty big stage the past couple of years so there must be a lot that went into his thinking about Tech. He must be a believer 'cause it sounds like he likes to win.

Quote Originally Posted by BUZDAWG View Post
    I hope somebody on BB&B can spend some time with this guy. I would like to know what he sees that drew him here. He mentioned Spoon's enthusiasm and community support. He has been on a pretty big stage the past couple of years so there must be a lot that went into his thinking about Tech. He must be a believer 'cause it sounds like he likes to win.
    I think that Spoon fully expects for us to be back on the national stage and made a believer out of Park, as well. Lady Techster basketball is about to get REAL exciting again!

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Told ya it was going to be a dude. :icon_wink:

More information for those that have the thirst to know more about him:

http://www.umterps.com/sports/w-bask...k_daron00.html

http://media.www.diamondbackonline.c...-3172847.shtml

From one message board:
    Assistant coach Daron Park is leaving, which is bad news - a lot of people considered him the yang to Brenda's yin - Brenda takes care of recruiting, Park the Xs and Os. It'll be interesting to see who fills his place, or if Brenda tries to do it all herself next year.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the links everyone. Looks very impressive and a great addition. Way to go Coach Spoon!!

Darn I'm ready for Bulldog football and Lady Techster basketball. Gonna be a loooong summer! It is UNREAL FINE to have positive, realistic hopes for our athletic program.

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    Thanks for the links everyone. Looks very impressive and a great addition. Way to go Coach Spoon!!

Darn I'm ready for Bulldog football and Lady Techster basketball. Gonna be a loooong summer! It is UNREAL FINE to have positive, realistic hopes for our athletic program.
    Feels good, doesn't it? I hate the summer. To me, it is just the time between basketball and football. I am ready for Auburn in football and ready to see the Lady Techsters rise again AND the DAWGS make some noise!

I bet the majority of college sports nuts have the same problem this time of year. I call for the establishment of a summer college sport!!!!! Something fun like lacrosse. Maybe water polo would work. Women's football?

I know! Ice skating! And we could stay cool while we watched.

Quote Originally Posted by BUZDAWG View Post
    I know! Ice skating! And we could stay cool while we watched.
    Women's Ice skating Basketball!!!!! The Lady Techster's win first Ice Skating Basketball National Championship! :icon_wink:

+ Reply to Thread