+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Coach

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: New Coach

Park acted as the floor coach while Frese was on leave, going 9-1 with the only loss coming in double overtime at No. 3 North Carolina. In that role, Park navigated a 76-69 win at Cameron Indoor Stadium the day Frese gave birth to her twins, completing the first season sweep of Duke for the Terps since the 1992-93 season. His steady hand helped the Terps not skip a beat as they established a new program best with a 21-0 mark at home.
    Wow, this guy is good. He obviously had some kind of falling out with Frese and needed work. We got lucky. He certainly won't be intimidated by anything the WAC throws at us.

I love the fact that he's an "X's & O's" coach. He and T-Spoon should work very well together and balance nicely. That same business model served Tech well over the years; first with Sonja Hogg/Leon Barmore, and later with Barmore/Mulkey. Let's hope it works again.

HD

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Looks perfect! Great hire TSpoon!

Champ Aussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by BUZDAWG View Post
    I bet the majority of college sports nuts have the same problem this time of year. I call for the establishment of a summer college sport!!!!! Something fun like lacrosse. Maybe water polo would work. Women's football?
    It may not be college, but do you mean your not watching the MLS?

I can't even get that, i'm relegated to D league MLS (and the lowest... grr.)

Back to the main topic, well done on the pick-ups, both from solid programs...
    not to drag us down, but this guy being at a perrenial ranked school, with his background seems to have enough for a H.C. job. I think your right H.D. of the breakdown. Stoked to have the addition of some experienced coaches of late!

Big Dog ESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her game ESPNGuy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BUZDAWG View Post
    Sounds like a very good hire. Wonder why he left Maryland?
    WOW! Nice addition to the Lady Techster program in Mr. Parks from Maryland. I'm not sure why he left Maryland but something fishy is going on in College Park.

Since the 2009 ACC tournament and more throughout the summer, the Maryland WBB program has loss five individuals.

1. Sa'de Wiley-Gatewood - Leave team for personal reasons.
    2. Marah Strickland - Will transfer (announced April 2009)
    3. Drey Mingo - Will transfer (announced April 2009)
    4. Daron Park - To LA Tech coaching staff
    5. Erica Floyd - Resigns from coaching position

Strickland and Mingo announced their transfers within a week of each other. Hmmm...

But I'm glad we have Park and it's messy at Maryland. They barely have a coaching staff right now and have like 10 players on their rosters. Plus, two star seniors Marissa Coleman and Kristi Toliver just graduated and will play in the WNBA this summer.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ESPNGuy View Post
    WOW! Nice addition to the Lady Techster program in Mr. Parks from Maryland. I'm not sure why he left Maryland but something fishy is going on in College Park.

Since the 2009 ACC tournament and more throughout the summer, the Maryland WBB program has loss five individuals.

Strickland and Mingo announced their transfers within a week of each other. Hmmm...

But I'm glad we have Park and it's messy at Maryland. They barely have a coaching staff right now and have like 10 players on their rosters. Plus, two star seniors Marissa Coleman and Kristi Toliver just graduated and will play in the WNBA this summer.
    Wonder where Strickland is transferring? The other one is going to Purdue, I think.
    http://www.umterps.com/sports/w-bask...d_marah00.html

http://www.umterps.com/sports/w-bask...041309aab.html
    Last edited by champion110; 06-01-2009 at 04:48 AM.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

---congradulations to Mr. Parks!
    He should make a nice addition to a team that is going to have an awesome year...
    I am glad to hear that he will be working with the post players as well.
    If Wysinger, Sandafer, and Holly are in good shape and and the maturing of Bendhol, this team is going to be incredible under the helm of coach Spoon and company!

Big Dog ESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her game ESPNGuy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Wonder where Strickland is transferring? The other one is going to Purdue, I think.
    http://www.umterps.com/sports/w-bask...d_marah00.html

http://www.umterps.com/sports/w-bask...041309aab.html
    Strickland needs to be a Lady Techster. Btw, I didn't know Mingo was gonna transfer to Purdue. That's probably a better fit for her anyway.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Strickland needs to be a Lady Techster. Btw, I didn't know Mingo was gonna transfer to Purdue. That's probably a better fit for her anyway.
    We could hope that she follows her Assistant Coach. :icon_wink:

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    We could hope that she follows her Assistant Coach. :icon_wink:
    Agreed. I still haven't heard anything about her yet...

Agreed. I still haven't heard anything about her yet...
    Would be a great addition!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

should be helping them close on their house next week. They are extremely excited about being in town. Ready to get to work with Spoon.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    should be helping them close on their house next week. They are extremely excited about being in town. Ready to get to work with Spoon.
    can you ask him about Strickland? :icon_wink: we need some info to keep us through this long summer :bigcry:

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    can you ask him about Strickland? :icon_wink: we need some info to keep us through this long summer :bigcry:
    I am actually representing the seller in this deal. The impression I get about them is from my seller who has met them. I will get a chance to discuss some things with them. Any info will be passed along for sure.

2006 BB&B Women's Bracket Contest Champion SDDawg has turned a few heads around hereSDDawg has turned a few heads around here SDDawg's Avatar

Rumor is Strickland to South Carolina. That Dawn Staley - she just keeps on reeling them in!!

Quote Originally Posted by SDDawg View Post
    Rumor is Strickland to South Carolina. That Dawn Staley - she just keeps on reeling them in!!
    You are right! Here is the official link from the Univ of South Carolina. You beat me.

http://gamecocksonline.cstv.com/spor...061609aaa.html

+ Reply to Thread