+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MLB 2009 First Year Players Draft

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

MLB 2009 First Year Players Draft

I am currently watching the draft on the MLB Network... Selig is giving his opening statements and the Nationals are on the clock officially. I will keep everyone updated as far as today's picks go. I won't be posting all of them, just players from teams within the state and within our conference as well as the top 5. I may also show some bias and throw in the players the Cubs choose.

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Re: MLB 2009 First Year Players Draft

1. Steven Strasburg, P - Washington Nationals (not a surprise), SDSU
    2. Dustin Ackley, OF- Seattle Mariners, UNC
    3. Donavan Tate, OF- San Diego Padres, Cartersville HS, Georgia
    4. Tony Sanchez, C - Pittsburgh Pirates, Boston College
    5. Matthew Hobgood, P - Baltimore Orioles, Norco HS , California

From here on I will post only players that are being drafted from a Louisiana school or within the WAC.
    Last edited by BLUE collar; 06-09-2009 at 05:35 PM.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

As a sorta Nats fan, Can they actually sign him and thats a big and sign that 10th pick also. These could be big for the program two to three years down the road.

That is the thing. I believe that they wouldn't have taken him if they were sure of his signability. As far as their pick at #10... I don't know.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE collar View Post
    That is the thing. I believe that they wouldn't have taken him if they were sure of his signability. As far as their pick at #10... I don't know.

They didn't get their pick from last year signed...

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    They didn't get their pick from last year signed...
    So they got that extra room in the budget .... they took Drew Storen from Stanford at #10.... not projected as being hard to sign.
    Last edited by BLUE collar; 06-09-2009 at 06:20 PM.

By no means to I pretend to know the iner workings of a MLB organization. I wouldn't be able to tell you how it begins.... I am just giving my opinion.

Louisiana Alert

23. Jarred Mitchell, OF - Chicago White Sox, LSU
    79. DJ LeMahieu, IF - Chicago Cubs, LSU
    105. Josh Prince, SS - Brewers, Tulane
    152. Louis Coleman, P - KC Royals, LSU
    160. Ryan Schimpf 2B - Toronto Blue Jays, LSU
    175. Zachary Von Rozenberg, P - Pittsburg Pirates, Zachary HS
    227. Brody Colvin, P - Piladelphia Phillies, St. Thomas Moore HS
    254. John Freeman, C - New York Mets, Mcneese St. University
    280. Aaron Loup, P - Toronto Blue Jays, Tulane
    312. Blake Dean, LF - Minnesota Twins, LSU
    317. Josh Zeid, P - Philadelphia Phillies, Tulane
    340. Sean Ochinko, C - Toronto Blue Jays, LSU
    344. Sam Honeck, 1B - New York Mets, Tulane
    378. Michael Thomas, C - Boston Red Sox, Southern
    485. Joseph Dickerson, P - Cleveland Indians, Nicholls St. University
    547. Gregory Wilborn, P - Los Angeles Dodgers, ULL
    675. Ben Soignier, SS - New York Yankees, ULM
    716. Justin Anderson, P - Baltimore Orioles, ULM
    747. Steven Rogers, P - San Francisco Giants, Tulane
    774. Kevin Winn, 2B - San Diego Padres, La. Tech
    801. Garrett Cannizaro, 2B - Los Angeles Angels, Mandeville HS
    805. Paul Luquette, C - Pittsburgh Pirates, Isidore Newman School
    895. Ty Summerlin, SS - Pittsburgh Pirates, Southeastern
    934. Shon Landry, SS - Texas Rangers, Mcneese St. University
    995. Chris Kersten, 3B - Cleveland Indians, La. Tech
    1069. Chris Murrill, OF - Tampa Bay Rays, Nicholls St. University
    1168. Joey Bourgeios, P - Atlanta Braves, LSU-E
    1240. Zachary Kirksey, LF - Toronto Blue Jays, LSU-E
    1257. Nicholas Schwaner, 3B - San Fancisco Giants, UNO
    1398. John Pivach, P - Boston Red Sox, UNO
    Last edited by BLUE collar; 06-11-2009 at 01:14 PM.

WAC Alert

32. Timothy Wheeler, OF - Colorado Rockies, Sac. St.
    44. Tanner Scheppers, P - Texas Rangers, Fresno St.
    62. Tommy Mendonca, 3B - Texas Ragers, Fresno St.
    125. Kyle Bellows, 3B - Cleveland Indians, SJSU
    293. Vincent Catricala, 3B - Seattle Mariners, Hawaii
    339. Alan Ahmady, 1B - St. Louis Cardinals, Fresno St.
    431. David Berner, P - Houston Astros, SJSU
    543. Maxwell Peterson, P - Oakland A's, SJSU
    595. Sam Spangler, P - Pittsburgh Pirates, Hawaii
    751. Trevor Gibson, P - Colorado Rockies, SJSU
    774. Kevin Winn, 2B - San Diego Padres, La. Tech
    815. Tyler Sturdevant, P - Cleveland Indians, New Mexico St.
    825. Jeff Farnham, C - New York Yankees, New Mexico St.
    848. Holden Sprague, P - Florida Marlins, Fresno St.
    970. Ryan Shopshire, P - Toronto Blue Jays, SJSU
    973. Jacob Wilson, P - Chicago White Sox, New Mexico St.
    995. Chris Kersten, 3B - Cleveland Indians, La. Tech
    1025. Westley Moss, OF - Cleveland Indians, Nevada
    1310. Colin Kaepernick, P - Chicago Cubs, Nevada
    Last edited by BLUE collar; 06-11-2009 at 12:46 PM.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE collar View Post
    WAC Alert

44. Tanner Scheppers, P - Texas Rangers, Fresno St.
    I thought OF from Sac State went ahead of Scheppers for the WAC.

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

Fresno's Tommy Mendoca is the Texas Rangers 2nd pick

Quote Originally Posted by Designated Hitter View Post
    I thought OF from Sac State went ahead of Scheppers for the WAC.
    He did... he slipped past me because I didn't think of Sac State as "Cal St. Sacramento"

Quote Originally Posted by falcon View Post
    Fresno's Tommy Mendoca is the Texas Rangers 2nd pick
    I just missed Mendonca... probably while I was eating

Day #2 to begin here within the hour. I'm at work and won't be able to follow it too closely. If anyone can keep the WAC and Louisiana draftees updated I would appreciated.

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

They are mid way through the 10th round and the only WAC player I found was Kyle Bellows from San Jose State (3b) in the 4th round, pick #125

+ Reply to Thread