+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fox Southwest

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Fox Southwest

For the past several weeks I go to my channel guide to check what baseball game is on. I've lost count of the number of times in the past three weeks or so that FSSW showed the Rangers playing whoever and when I tune in there is something else on. The first couple of times I assumed a rainout or delay, but no way they've been rained out or delayed as many times as this has happened.

BTW, it happened last night too. Anybody else?

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re: Fox Southwest

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    For the past several weeks I go to my channel guide to check what baseball game is on. I've lost count of the number of times in the past three weeks or so that FSSW showed the Rangers playing whoever and when I tune in there is something else on. The first couple of times I assumed a rainout or delay, but no way they've been rained out or delayed as many times as this has happened.

Are you checking the alternate channels? Sometimes, conflicts with other teams in the market pushes a team's game to an alternate station.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Big Dog Lone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of lightLone Star Dawg is a glorious beacon of light Lone Star Dawg's Avatar

There was a massive storm that came through the metroplex last night with 75 mph gusts and lots of lightning. I don't know if that's why the game wasn't on last night, but it was as pretty gnarly storm.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

I have Dish Network and a few weeks ago I watched the Rangers pre-game and then when the game was supposed to come on a poker tournament was on instead. I called my in-laws who have Verizon Fios and live only about 5 miles away and they told me the Rangers game was on FoxSW. So I called Dish Network 5 minutes later the guy "re-set" my system and the Rangers game was on like it was supposed to be. I asked him why that happens and he was clueless but he knew how to fix it. It had never happened before or since. I wondered if I had the San Antonio or Houston version instead of D/FW.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    I have Dish Network and a few weeks ago I watched the Rangers pre-game and then when the game was supposed to come on a poker tournament was on instead. I called my in-laws who have Verizon Fios and live only about 5 miles away and they told me the Rangers game was on FoxSW. So I called Dish Network 5 minutes later the guy "re-set" my system and the Rangers game was on like it was supposed to be. I asked him why that happens and he was clueless but he knew how to fix it. It had never happened before or since. I wondered if I had the San Antonio or Houston version instead of D/FW.
    Yeah, this may be what happened with Comcast too since they also put the Astro's games on FSSW. Maybe they have the signal set for the Astros, but the Rangers are actually scheduled. Some goober who is supposed to switch certain viewers over never does.

'77 Comcast has given me the MLB package (didn't know I was paying for it and may not be). Unless ESPN has the game there will usually be two different productions of the same game on, but the Rangers are rarely on one of those channels so I think FSSW may have the same deal w/the MLB package that ESPN has.

Champ george is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of light

i am in alexandria. last year when tech was playing kansas in football on fox sports, i got the astros game...IN SPANISH.

Supposed to be Rangers and Dodgers on tonight. Poker and Best Damn is on. I've just spent an hour holding with Comcast to find out why. Nobody there knows.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by george View Post
    i am in alexandria. last year when tech was playing kansas in football on fox sports, i got the astros game...IN SPANISH.
    Haha!!!

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

bro da stros get a bigger audience in spanish

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Supposed to be Rangers and Dodgers on tonight. Poker and Best Damn is on. I've just spent an hour holding with Comcast to find out why. Nobody there knows.

Oh, I figured you had a dish. Maybe that's what you need.
    Good old Memorial Gym

The last two nights (maybe three?) were supposed to show Rangers/Angels, but on Comcast I get re-runs of crap! The games should also be on two different channels of the MLB package, but both are blacked out.

Champ playdablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of light playdablues's Avatar

I used to have cox which later became suddenlink. Several times, the local listings would show the Astros on FSSW that night. I would tune in only to find the Rangers on. This happened REGULARLY.

Last year, the Astros played at San Diego on opening night, and the game was carried by ESPN as the "late game" at 9pm. I sat down to watch, all pumped up for the first game of the season. Imagine my dismay at 8:59 when the ESPN feed suddenly turned into ESPNEWS. I was blacked out from the broadcast. Keep in mind this is a game being played hundreds of miles away in San Diego.

Furious, I called Fox, Espn, the Astros, etc. The explanation I received was that I am in the Astro home market, and FSSW has the rights to air their games in Ruston, La. That particular night, however, the Mavericks were playing a playoff game, and that was shown instead on FSSW. I also couldn't watch the game online at MLBtv due to the same blackout restrictions. Ridiculous!

Now, I have Dish Network, and I can pretty much watch whomever I want on a given night, whether it's the Astros, Rangers, Mavericks, Rockets, etc. Plus, it's cheaper with more channels

Last year Comcast had a great deal for us when the Rangers and Astros were playing at the same time. There was another channel (approx chan 100?) that showed the team that wasn't playing on the normal FSSW channel. For some reason they did away with that this year. The 100 channel still shows as a baseball channel, but is never used.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Cable sucks....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

I agree, but in our situation cable is better. I'm ashamed to say we have six TV sets and cable outlets are in every room. When I had Dish and Direct it was a pain to just have four sets up and running. The local channel thing was also an issue at the time. I probably need to check on Dish again since they have the locals now.

+ Reply to Thread