+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Needing a job - qng001

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Needing a job - qng001

Hey guys,

I currently work for Verizon here in Little Rock and it looks like they are getting rid of a lot of folks (formally alltel employees). I'm a client/server developer (basically a programmer) installing, writing enhancements, and maintaining our credit card reconciliation system. Also, I do the same with our asset management system. Most likely I will be laid off within the year.

Wondering any of you guys know of anyone who is hiring? I'm willing to move.

My ideal job would work for Tech athletics .

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Needing a job - qng001

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Hey guys,

I currently work for Verizon here in Little Rock and it looks like they are getting rid of a lot of folks (formally alltel employees). I'm a client/server developer (basically a programmer) installing, writing enhancements, and maintaining our credit card reconciliation system. Also, I do the same with our asset management system. Most likely I will be laid off within the year.

Wondering any of you guys know of anyone who is hiring? I'm willing to move.

My ideal job would work for Tech athletics .
    Qng, I'm very sorry to hear that. Going through my layoff was one of the more difficult things I've had to do. If it makes you feel any better, there are plenty of folks in the same boat, and things will work out.

I put out an email to my cousin who works in a similar field. I don't know how mobile you are, but she may know of something in the Atlanta area.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

CenturyTel here in Monroe, though no longer cellular, is bound to have something to match your skills. Their merger with Embarq is a biggie.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

degree in CS or CIS? What languages have you programmed in?

(I'm not hiring or anything, but IMO these are questions that will come up)

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

I recommend-
    1. Get on Monster.com, etc and send your resume to about 10-15 openings in the DFW area. As you know, your skills are very transferable.
    2. Pick a "vacation week" about 6 weeks from now and let those employers know you will be in the area that week to interview. If you need a place to stay I would be glad to put you up no charge for a few weeks if things work out on your search.

Even in a tough economy this approach still works very effectively.

DW

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

My brother and his wife both work for CenturyTel and CBC COmmunications in Monroe. It's a great company and takes care of it's peepes. Plus it's only 30 minutes from Monroe. Let me know if you're interested and I'll get some names for you.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

+ Reply to Thread