+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wooo piigggg suieeeeee

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Re: Wooo piigggg suieeeeee

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    Agree but would you care if they were hooping it up about another school or just that its lsu? It seems like the majority of the board doesnt have a problem with people cheering for other schools just not lsu?

I have never tried to convince people that they have to cheer for lsu. you went to school at tech you should pull for them first. I have always admitted I cheer for LSU but not at the expense of MY bulldogs.
    I've lived all over the southeast, and I've NEVER seen students and alumni from other schools blindly support someone else's school to the scale that I've seen here.

I've met maybe one or two Tech students who were born and raised in other states who still follow a big school back home, but nothing to the extent I've observed among Louisiana natives. And I've NEVER had a Tech student on Tech's campus try to explain to me why I should be rooting for any other non-Tech school, except lsu.

And it's not just that I resent the the fact that lsu got to where it is in athletics by good old fashioned racketeering, I also have to deal with the fact that lsu--by virtue of this misguided "flagship agenda"--block's Tech's natural academic development. Supporting lsu is NOT benign toward Tech. It perpetuates the myth that lsu is the only school "worthy" of Louisianans' support, never mind the fact that the other schools were not even given the freedom to compete on even footing--in athletics or academics.

Anyway, back to the original point: Identify others on here who are advocating supporting (not just rooting for, but buying tickets and sporting t-shirts for) schools to which they have no personal connection. We don't gripe about it on here because it almost never happens. But, unfortunately, Louisiana kids are brainwashed into believing that while there is "nothing wrong" with cheering for your own school (literally heard that from a Tech student once), obviously lsu is the only school that matters here.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    Louisiana kids are brainwashed into believing that while there is "nothing wrong" with cheering for your own school (literally heard that from a Tech student once), obviously lsu is the only school that matters here.
    Absolutely 100% correct. So many people are "excited" to go to Tech (or for their brother/sister to go), then they say something about bleeding purple and gold or being a "tiger gurl 4 life"

Puppy ELDOG Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeELDOG Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeELDOG Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeELDOG Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeELDOG Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeELDOG Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeELDOG Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeELDOG Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeELDOG Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeELDOG Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeELDOG Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

I've lived all over the southeast, and I've NEVER seen students and alumni from other schools blindly support someone else's school to the scale that I've seen here.

I've met maybe one or two Tech students who were born and raised in other states who still follow a big school back home, but nothing to the extent I've observed among Louisiana natives. And I've NEVER had a Tech student on Tech's campus try to explain to me why I should be rooting for any other non-Tech school, except lsu.

And it's not just that I resent the the fact that lsu got to where it is in athletics by good old fashioned racketeering, I also have to deal with the fact that lsu--by virtue of this misguided "flagship agenda"--block's Tech's natural academic development. Supporting lsu is NOT benign toward Tech. It perpetuates the myth that lsu is the only school "worthy" of Louisianans' support, never mind the fact that the other schools were not even given the freedom to compete on even footing--in athletics or academics.

Anyway, back to the original point: Identify others on here who are advocating supporting (not just rooting for, but buying tickets and sporting t-shirts for) schools to which they have no personal connection. We don't gripe about it on here because it almost never happens. But, unfortunately, Louisiana kids are brainwashed into believing that while there is "nothing wrong" with cheering for your own school (literally heard that from a Tech student once), obviously lsu is the only school that matters here.
    Ive never seen any other school that was not a rival school to pull so hard against another. I mean damn to not be jealous all the threads started to pull for an opposing team of LSU sure looks like it. That is a trait of losers. Ignore the fags that are tech grads and wear LSU belts and junk and worry about your fans and what you can control.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Same way in Arkansas, you can go to any school in the state and most of the students on campus will be big UA fans. You see lots of hog gear at all of the schools.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ELDOG View Post
    Ive never seen any other school that was not a rival school to pull so hard against another. I mean damn to not be jealous all the threads started to pull for an opposing team of LSU sure looks like it. That is a trait of losers. Ignore the fags that are tech grads and wear LSU belts and junk and worry about your fans and what you can control.

I understand where you are coming from, and there is definitely some logic to it, but It is MIGHTY difficult to stomach people who go to your school (or who graduated from your school) and wear the colors of other schools, and only want to talk about the other school. In the end, it may be somewhat futile to point out to them how disloyal they are being, but those of us who truly LOVE our school just can't help it.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Big Dog honker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the rough

SO you are admitting that you are a fag? I will ignore you from now on.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

First off, rival is a relative thing. We compete against lsu at many levels. Unfortunately, their status at the top of the heap in Louisiana collegiate life is literally protected by the legislature, so we have little to show for it.

Second off, I don't really have a problem with lsu (though I resent the way the "flagship agenda" has negatively affected Tech). I generally dislike them about as much as I dislike ULM, ULL, and any other Louisiana school. Unfortunately, lsu is the school that so many Tech students and alumni choose to be public fanatics over, so that is the one that draws the fire.

In other words, my disdain for lsu has become inversely proportional to the level of lsu homerism I've had to endure on Tech's campus.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

some might say that it is the trait of a loser to hang out on the forum of a team you don't care about, just to look for opportunities to make disparaging remarks about that team and its fans...

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    some might say that it is the trait of a loser to hang out on the forum of a team you don't care about, just to look for opportunities to make disparaging remarks about that team and its fans...
    AMEN! This guy needs to get a life. Why is he so concerned about us and what we do or say?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

It might be time to ban the corndog
    ELDOG
    per his Tech grad fag comment.

Puppy ELDOG Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeELDOG Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeELDOG Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeELDOG Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeELDOG Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeELDOG Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeELDOG Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeELDOG Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeELDOG Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeELDOG Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeELDOG Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by honker22 View Post
    SO you are admitting that you are a fag? I will ignore you from now on.
    Thats too bad I hate it when losers ignore me.

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    AMEN! This guy needs to get a life. Why is he so concerned about us and what we do or say?
    I enjoy making fun of people who suck.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I enjoy making fun of people who suck.
    AND we have a WINNER for the "Loser of the Year" award. Get a life, Bud. If you weren't infatuated with Tech, you wouldn't be on here. It just kills you that we don't bow down to that college in Baton Rouge. No one here really cares what you think. This is a Tech board and we will always defend and be proud of our University. If you don't understand that, you are way out of touch with what it means to have pride in your school.

Come back a week before we play you in football. We can talk some smack then and you will be joined by other lsu folks and their superiority complex at that time. You just went on "ignore" until then, though.

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    AND we have a WINNER for the "Loser of the Year" award. Get a life, Bud. If you weren't infatuated with Tech, you wouldn't be on here. It just kills you that we don't bow down to that college in Baton Rouge. No one here really cares what you think. This is a Tech board and we will always defend and be proud of our University. If you don't understand that, you are way out of touch with what it means to have pride in your school.

Come back a week before we play you in football. We can talk some smack then and you will be joined by other lsu folks and their superiority complex at that time. You just went on "ignore" until then, though.
    Dang thats too bad!

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice

Virgina and Arkansas made it real interesting last night, watched from the 8th on.

Do the Razorbacks have anything left in the tank?

+ Reply to Thread