+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wooo piigggg suieeeeee

Big Dog TruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the rough TruDawg's Avatar

Re: Wooo piigggg suieeeeee

Last nights game was one of the most nerve racking I have ever seen as a Hog and Dawg fan. I normally cheer for anyone who plays LSU but now I have a team I like playing them... GO HOGS!!!

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Don't have a DAWG in the fight and have no favorite in this years CWS, but last night's Arkansas - Virginia game was one of the best non DAWGS game I've seen. Virginia made some base running errors that may have cost them some runs. In the ninth, Arkansas was down 2 runs with 2 outs and 2 strikes on the batter with no one on base. A hit and a home run tied it up. Arkansas won it in the 12th but not after several close calls when Virginia had runners in scoring position.

It would be quite a story if Arkansas wins it this year after being one strike from elimination.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    Don't have a DAWG in the fight and have no favorite in this years CWS, but last night's Arkansas - Virginia game was one of the best non DAWGS game I've seen. Virginia made some base running errors that may have cost them some runs. In the ninth, Arkansas was down 2 runs with 2 outs and 2 strikes on the batter with no one on base. A hit and a home run tied it up. Arkansas won it in the 12th but not after several close calls when Virginia had runners in scoring position.

It would be quite a story if Arkansas wins it this year after being one strike from elimination.
    HoDo, I had a different take on it being a good game. May be just me, but it drives me nuts when mistakes cost a team a game. Now one mistake I can accept, but Virginia made at least three, maybe four, base running errors. W/out the first two Virginia wins, but then they make one or two more when the game was on the line in late innings.

Another thing that bugged me was the plate umpire. He got VERY inconsistent in the later innings on ball/strike calls. Pressure was on him to get it right in the bottom of the 9th w/bases loaded when he called ball four a strike. I know he had to be thinking..."I don't want another walk off walk to happen."

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    HoDo, I had a different take on it being a good game. May be just me, but it drives me nuts when mistakes cost a team a game. Now one mistake I can accept, but Virginia made at least three, maybe four, base running errors. W/out the first two Virginia wins, but then they make one or two more when the game was on the line in late innings.

Another thing that bugged me was the plate umpire. He got VERY inconsistent in the later innings on ball/strike calls. Pressure was on him to get it right in the bottom of the 9th w/bases loaded when he called ball four a strike. I know he had to be thinking..."I don't want another walk off walk to happen."
    I really enjoyed the game even though it was not well played or officiated so my statement about good really just applies to my joy in watching it. It was not good in other ways as you've mentioned. I can't figure out how a team (Virginia) got so far into the playoffs yet be capable of so many base running mistakes.

It was not a well played game in many areas but it was still a good game to watch since I didn't really care which team won. The drama in the 9th through 12th innings was great. Ball 4 being called a strike by the umpire in the bottom of the 9th just added to the drama. If I were a Virginia fan, I would be very upset since that call cost them the game.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    My brother (a USM fan) drove to the Series with a buddy and crashed with me the other night on the way home. He felt that, throughout the tournament, the umps had failed to establish a strike zone. They were all over the board in every game.

Incidentally, he gushed about how the CWS was the single best college sporting event he's ever experienced. He also said that Texas fans are as bad as lsu in terms of arrogance, drunkeness, and hideous gear.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Just spoke with TJ Forrest's mom in the hospital in Shreveport, the piggies are ready according to her. She and her husband drove down from Omaha last night as TJ's sister is having a baby.

She confirmed the LSU tattoo on his back.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    Just spoke with TJ Forrest's mom in the hospital in Shreveport, the piggies are ready according to her. She and her husband drove down from Omaha last night as TJ's sister is having a baby.

She confirmed the LSU tattoo on his back.
    looks like she was wrong...

Puppy DawgLover is an unknown

Not even close.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    looks like she was wrong...

Yep, she was way off.........

+ Reply to Thread