+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: (Hey Cubs fans) Autographed Hat Auction

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

(Hey Cubs fans) Autographed Hat Auction

I received permission from DFM to post this and from Jericho to partake in this endeavor. While in Daytona last weekend, I got a Cubs top prospect and future HOF'er Jericho Jones to sign a Cubs hat that I purchased from the Daytona team store. Enclosed are two pictures of the autographed hat. My idea is to auction this hat ebay style with the winning bidder donating the money to Tech Baseball through BBB. Once you've won, send me a PM with your address and I'll mail you the hat.

Hopefully this will do well given the number of Cubs fans and/or Tech fans we have on here.

If there are any questions, please let me know.

Oh, and I guess I should put a timetable on here too. Let's go for a week and end next Monday at 9pm Tech standard time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Abominable Gorilla; 06-15-2009 at 07:08 PM.

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Re: (Hey Cubs fans) Autographed Hat Auction

Future HOFer? Wow some lofty expectations considering the percentage of people who actually make the HOF.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

$40 smackers
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE collar View Post
    Future HOFer? Wow some lofty expectations considering the percentage of people who actually make the HOF.
    Dude, c'mon..

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    Dude, c'mon..
    What? I'm just saying that it is a little soon to be calling someone a future HOF'er whenthey are in A ball. I hope he does make it honestly, just saying that a very small % of players actually make it there. And for stating a fact, I get called a jackass and given some red? Wow

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

What? I'm just saying that it is a little soon to be calling someone a future HOF'er whenthey are in A ball. I hope he does make it honestly, just saying that a very small % of players actually make it there. And for stating a fact, I get called a jackass and given some red? Wow
    Because your comment was not necessary. We all know that just like we all knew AG that Jericho is not in any position now to honestly be considered for the Hall of Fame much less moving up to starting for the Cubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    Because your comment was not necessary. We all know that just like we all knew AG that Jericho is not in any position now to honestly be considered for the Hall of Fame much less moving up to starting for the Cubs.
    Or it could be that we all get mad at the one guy who doesn't hang from Jericho's jock strap in hopes that he can maybe catch a bead of ass sweat.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

You know that comment is completely unnecessary. I will not quote it so you can take it down without it being stuck on the board. I generally do not approve of hating on any former player. It is not a Jericho only fan club. Get over yourself or I may break my rule.

I don't plan on taking it down. I don't hate on him I just am hesitant to put a HOF label on him. I don't see anyone talking as much about Rike or about Knotts, didn't see anything about D. Winn, or Cobb, or Burnett, or Albie last year? Just a bunch of Jericho stuff. So if you want to take it down go for it but I assure you if you do I will make it my signature so it shows up on each and every post I make. Break your rule if you may. I welcome all haters, because as Kat Williams said, "if you ain't got people hatin on you, you doing something wrong."

I promise you would see the same thread on one of those other guys if AG went to see them play. That is how he is.

And the HoF label is VERY obviously tongue in cheek.

That is great, you are the one who brought up beign a Jericho only club... I just mentioned I don't worship the ground beneath the guy's cleats (using a different analogy). It is going to be ok... because you can get mad and glad in the same pair of pissy panties.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Or it could be that we all get mad at the one guy who doesn't hang from Jericho's jock strap in hopes that he can maybe catch a bead of ass sweat.

Who's jock do you hang from asshat?

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Who's jock do you hang from asshat?
    Nobody's... haven't met anyone worthy of it.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

I don't see anyone talking as much about Rike or about Knotts, didn't see anything about D. Winn, or Cobb, or Burnett, or Albie last year?
    I planned to ignore the comments, but I don't think it's fair to say I'm hanging from anything. Daytona is less than two and a half hours from here.

I tried to watch Dennis play. In fact, feel free to talk to Dennis and you'll find that I personally discussed it with him. Albie played in Vero Beach which, according to everyone I spoke with, is 4.5 hours away from here. Knotts was nearby during spring training, but I wasn't able to find him. Rike is farther away. However, I did make an effort to set up the same auction with a Rike autographed hat. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to personally obtain the hat and it fell through. Luke and Adam weren't even in the state.

I know, like everyone else knows, that Jericho is not likely to end up in the HOF. I'll take it a step farther and say it's even a rush to start talking about him playing in the MLB. Still, I'm very happy for the chance to see him play in the MiLB. Jericho is an exceptional guy and I'm happy for his success.

Obviously, the point of me starting this thread was to try and raise some support for baseball.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Asshats very unnecessary comment aside..I'm in for $50 smackers (+ whatever you forked out for the hat itself). Let's get this thing back on track and make the BB team some money!
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

+ Reply to Thread