+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WWE

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

WWE

Ok WWE fans... please explain to me the facination with Randy Orton.

Average talent...

below average charisma...

... please help me understand.

(Oh, and don't even get me started on the SantinA Marella crap.... that's EMBARRASING)

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Re: WWE

well wrestling is pretty embarrasing.

and John Cena should be their champion basically at all times, like Hogan was. Just like Flair was in the Carolinas. Since wrestling is staged, your biggest star should be your "champion". Its good to have the belt when doing Regis and Kelly or whatever.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

I really think wrestling is in a major funk right now, after every show for years
    i often ask myself why watch this crap but right now its at an all time low. Neither organiztion wwe/tna elevate talent its the same old same old week after a week. You can take 6 months off from watching it and you would still know that the title picture would consist of HHH, Orton, Cena, and Edge...I mean if they are going to put the strap on an old guy why not give Shawn Michaels one more run. As for your question about Orton. He plays a good heel and basically outside of Jericho and Edge the business lacks it.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Vince has to be hating himself watching Brock Lesnar pull in a million+ buys for every pay-per-view he's on.

I would go back to just doing squash matches on TV (on Saturday mornings!) and make people pay for the good stuff, but that's just me.

Puppy EndlessDennis has turned a few heads around hereEndlessDennis has turned a few heads around here

Randy is the kind of heel that you can really, really hate. Like Flair was. Flair always looked weak compared to his opponents, and people didn't like that. How is THAT guy champion? But somehow, he would end up winning. The same goes for Orton in the sense that they give you reasons to really dislike him. Not like Triple H when he's heel, when HHH is heel he still gets a ton of cheers. Having a heel like Orton and a heel faction like Orton's opens up a lot for business down the road. Either Ted or Cody will turn on him eventually (Ted seems to have the most potential) and stars will be made off of Randy. That's how he's good for business.

Puppy EndlessDennis has turned a few heads around hereEndlessDennis has turned a few heads around here

.. That being said. Most wrestling fans are below average intelligence, and they play to those fans more than they do to educated people. Wrestling is something that's been in my family for decades, and I grew up with it. Orton doesn't have to be amazing at his job to get over with their target audience.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

I think that's my problem. I don't HATE Orton... I don't respect him... I don't think that he's any good... I just don't care to watch him.

Maybe it's too spread out with having TOO MUCH stuff going on there. With ECW, TNA, Smackdown and Raw, the talent is spread out too much and they're having to MAKE villians (and not good ones at that)

I forgot one.

Get the women out of the ring.

Put them back on the apron, with boobs flappin all over the place, and leave the inside of the ropes to the MEN.

Oh, and put Mickie James with whatever male gets the most airtime. :icon_wink:

Could tonight be the start of the destruction on Legacy??? or is this just some other crap that's going to "make them stronger"??

didn't watch last night but probably.

The Marine 2 is a vehicle to turn DiBiase, Jr. into a major star, so the logical move is to position him as a strong babyface before it comes out.

He was "forced" to fight Orton by Dad's orders to gain respect. Orton "dominated" the match, but TD, Jr kept kicking out of the pins and then got the 10 second hot streak before geting RKO'd (complete STEAL of the Diamond Cutter). Then in the final match, they interfered which caused the end of the match. Now it's a triple threat match in a couple weeks.

Ya know... as much as a dislike his as a wrestler, I'd bet that he'd make a pretty darn good DE. :icon_wink:

+ Reply to Thread