+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Obama takes over ABC news

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Re: Obama takes over ABC news

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker3 View Post
    He's already done stuff I disagree with, and I've listed it here before. I knew when voting for him he wouldnt be 100% perfect. As of right now, I'd say he's probably done about 95% as I expected him to do, and 75% as I would have wanted compared to my fictional ideal candidate.

Which is all still LOADS better than a McCain/Palin ticket would be doing had they won.
    If McCain were pulling this crap then I'd be riding him too. I'd ride Palin but that would be construed as sexist.

Do you agree with this particular move? What if "W" had done this with Fox to promote another war?

Champ daybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    If McCain were pulling this crap then I'd be riding him too. I'd ride Palin but that would be construed as sexist.

Do you agree with this particular move? What if "W" had done this with Fox to promote another war?
    I dont really care about it. It's not like I'm going to watch it. I thought W had been on primetime for speeches before... I remember being upset, only because it meant I had to wait a day and download the TV shows it preempted from bit torrent.

Anyways, I dont see how this is Obama "silencing the critics"... I can bet you there will be more Republicans on ALL channels bashing this plan in the following days then Democrats supporting it. Because Republicans get MORE airtime, and spend most of it complaining about how they dont get airtime.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

I dont really care about it. It's not like I'm going to watch it. I thought W had been on primetime for speeches before... I remember being upset, only because it meant I had to wait a day and download the TV shows it preempted from bit torrent.

Anyways, I dont see how this is Obama "silencing the critics"... I can bet you there will be more Republicans on ALL channels bashing this plan in the following days then Democrats supporting it. Because Republicans get MORE airtime, and spend most of it complaining about how they dont get airtime.
    airtime on AM radio?

I did get upset when Obama thrice blanketed the networks while my shows were on. I think that should be a rare occasion.

I don't support the idea of this ABC situation though, for any President. Give the media equal access to your speeches instead of using them as a propoganda arm. It's not like BHO is hurting for media attention anyways. I just see this as a dangerous precedent.

Champ daybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the roughdaybreaker3 is a jewel in the rough

airtime on AM radio?

I did get upset when Obama thrice blanketed the networks while my shows were on. I think that should be a rare occasion.

I don't support the idea of this ABC situation though, for any President. Give the media equal access to your speeches instead of using them as a propoganda arm. It's not like BHO is hurting for media attention anyways. I just see this as a dangerous precedent.
    Oh, yeah. The part about giving it to just ABC is kind of messed up.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

I'd ride Palin
    Letterman, is that you?

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

I just see this as a dangerous precedent.
    Technically, this is not a precedent. China has been doing this for a long time. :icon_wink:
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

If it were such a good idea...why would you need to silence the critics?
    Because Obama could cure cancer and bring peace to the world, and 33% of America would still be "critics" who think he is destroying America. So sometimes you have to do what you have to do to convince the independents that Rush and Hannity are wrong, and that just because every single network has Dick Cheney on for five hours every weekend, that he isnt actually right.
    So, you think it's ok for the government to silence anyone who disagrees as long as they are wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    So, you think it's ok for the government to silence anyone who disagrees as long as they are wrong?
    How is he silencing critics?

Is he preventing anyone from airing a rebuttal on any other channel immediately after? Is he preventing Cheney from doing his 800th-850th interviews this weekend in rebuttal?

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Is he preventing anyone from airing a rebuttal on any other channel immediately after? Is he preventing Cheney from doing his 800th-850th interviews this weekend in rebuttal?
    I didn't say he was.

It seemed to me that your argument conceded he was silencing critics and argued that you had to do what you had to do to convince independents. While I don't think he's silencing critics, your first sentence implies that it would be ok to silence critics if you were curing cancer or bringing world peace.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Osama Bama is not silencing critics. He is dictating what ABC can broadcast. ABC is the party to blame.

Besides lieing to everyone that voted for him, Osama Bama is just wielding his power.

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    I didn't say he was.

It seemed to me that your argument conceded he was silencing critics and argued that you had to do what you had to do to convince independents. While I don't think he's silencing critics, your first sentence implies that it would be ok to silence critics if you were curing cancer or bringing world peace.
    No, I said it was ok for him to go on tv to offer rebuttal to his critics. I never said he should silence them.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Not yet but IT WILL HAPPEN.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Not yet but IT WILL HAPPEN.
    Ok tyler. Just like Iran WILL nuke Israel in 2008.

Who will win the race to nuke somebody first? Nkorea or Iran?

No, I said it was ok for him to go on tv to offer rebuttal to his critics. I never said he should silence them.
    This is an unnecessary debate in semantics, but if one person says "Why is it ok to..." and the next person answers, "Because..." it is then generally accepted that the answering person agrees and is defending the practice in question.

I didn't think you'd be the kind of person to be ok with blocking free speech.

FWIW, I don't mind the government educating people on the legislation they're planning before they throw it out for approval.

+ Reply to Thread