+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bryce Harper

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Re: Bryce Harper

Quote Originally Posted by jford View Post
    What?!

Juicing aside for the 2 years he juiced, he can flat hit and play either SS or 3B.
    I called bs on the two years.
    He's been a good fielder, but not a great.
    I can't remember him hitting when it counts.

For as much money and hype and everything else throughout his career - he should have done better. That wasn't all his fault, I know, but he helped it along.

It has been a couple of years since I've been able to follow baseball, maybe it's all changed in that time. But color me unimpressed with his career.

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    I don't believe the two year stuff, but he can play. I would love to be a $25 million a year underachiever just like him.
    Yes, it would be great just to be like that for one year.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rus-La View Post
    I called bs on the two years.
    He's been a good fielder, but not a great.
    I can't remember him hitting when it counts.

For as much money and hype and everything else throughout his career - he should have done better. That wasn't all his fault, I know, but he helped it along.

It has been a couple of years since I've been able to follow baseball, maybe it's all changed in that time. But color me unimpressed with his career.
    I know the numbers (and probably more) don't back me up...
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...01.shtml?redir
    Maybe I've been unrealistic to him. Maybe that's why I don't want to make the mistake with this kid.

Champ personofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to beholdpersonofbluecolor is a splendid one to behold

This kid is AMAZING. Watch the videos...there are several. I heard an interview with him and his dad. They sound like well educated, grounded people. The young man is a unashamed christian, good student, and evidently a highly gifted and hard working young man. I say go for it. Golf, tennis, gymnastics....these kids begin being "groomed" as young as 4 or 5. Many taken out of a normal lifestyle to train literally all their lives. He has hit a wall at the high school level. From the interview it sounds as if they put a lot of thought and prayer into the decision. It also sounded like the dad was not the type that has pushed and forced the kid into this. He's just a natural gifted person. I for one wish him the best and think he will make it.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    So, we're only allowed to make statements that we're qualified to make?
    no, ag, but at least if you're going to make a crazy, off-the-wall statement, back it up with some sort of reasoning and explain why you think so.

that's like saying "computers are overrated." period, with no reasoning.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

A-Rod a bust? I got a laugh out of that. Name 5 players in the world that are on par or better than him. A-Rod is far from a bust.

+ Reply to Thread