+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Hook 'em Horns! :)

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Re: Hook 'em Horns! :)

[quote=Geaux Dawgs;767030]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post

I am still learning here on this 'who I can and can not cheer for' so let me ask......I am supposed to cheer for Fresno????

So we are supposed to cheer for bitter rivals, but not LSU.....is that because LSU really is not our rival?? I am asking this with 100% sincerity.

Ahh come on GD, you obviously follow the SEC and they are the best about swallowing their hatred for each other and rooting for each other in bowl games and CWS games in order to enhance their conference reputation. We rooted for Fresno one time because they were representing the WAC in the CWS, much like rooting for Boise/Nevada/ whomever in their bowl games. Not the same thing. We never root for Fresno just to root for them.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    I am still learning here on this 'who I can and can not cheer for' so let me ask......I am supposed to cheer for Fresno????

So we are supposed to cheer for bitter rivals, but not LSU.....is that because LSU really is not our rival?? I am asking this with 100% sincerity.
    You cheer for those who help Tech. If Fresno is in the CWS, that brings great pub for our conference. Supporting LSU diverts dollars and alliance to an entity that doesn't need it from an entity that sorely needs it.

Ultimately, I don't care who you cheer for. I have a problem with people who support LSU financially when they have no ties to LSU, yet don't support Tech when Tech helps provides for their way of life.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    You cheer for those who help Tech. If Fresno is in the CWS, that brings great pub for our conference. Supporting LSU diverts dollars and alliance to an entity that doesn't need it from an entity that sorely needs it.

Ultimately, I don't care who you cheer for. I have a problem with people who support LSU financially when they have no ties to LSU, yet don't support Tech when Tech helps provides for their way of life.

I agree with this 10000%. Yes I know that is not a real number but there are so many Tech alumni that never step foot on campus again it is disturbing. I wonder if it is because they never were really there for other than the piece of paper at the end. Every weekend, at least when I was in college, the campus was 80% empty. The term 'suitcase college' was the label I remember.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    Of course, that is one of the factors they weigh, no matter where they decide to go.

Something is making me smell a flamer here folks. His only friend is "flagship kid".
    He isn't a flamer. He is the average student. Will support Tech but still likes to cheer for LSU as their national team.

Flagship kid is a little fruity. He ain't really a flamer either.

Varsity Bulldog beefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nice beefcakes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Geauuuuux tiggers. Have another corndog.

WHAAAT? I know that guy, but I forgot his name. Nicholls State grad circa 1990. Went by the nickname of "Burger King." Girlfriend was "Dairy Queen."

Big Dog coop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud of coop1448's Avatar

Looks like the homeless man part of the couple on the Shreveport news last night. Maybe this explains why he can't get a job.....read between the lines.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beefcakes View Post
    WHAAAT? I know that guy, but I forgot his name. Nicholls State grad circa 1990. Went by the nickname of "Burger King." Girlfriend was "Dairy Queen."
    Nope. That guy is Velton Knight.

+ Reply to Thread