+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hook 'em Horns! :)

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Hook 'em Horns! :)

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE collar View Post
    All I've ever been told by anyone on here is how it is un-latech of me to cheer for anyone else regardless of the circumstances. Yet in the past few weeks we have had forums titled, "Go Rice," "Wooo piigggg suieeeeee," and now " Hook 'em Horns ."

So the hypocrisy comes from the fact that I shouldn't cheer for anyone...unless they are playing LSU.

I know this subject has been visited on numersous threads, and I'm not trying to hijack this one, just wanted to say it seems hypocritical of some to use the "don't cheer for anyone" excuse to tell me why I can't cheer for LSU, instead of just saying "I HATE LSU JUST BECAUSE."
    What, you did not know this????!!! There are some on this board that cheer harder against LSU than they cheer for Tech....or at least AS hard!!!!

You can cheer for anyone except LSU is the motto.

I cheered, don't care.

Bulldog Shrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    "I'm just sayin'"
    D'oh!!

Bless your heart(s).

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    What, you did not know this????!!! There are some on this board that cheer harder against LSU than they cheer for Tech....or at least AS hard!!!!

I cheered, don't care.
    Oh I know, beliegve me people have let me know recently that if I don't agree with them I must be wrong.

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

just another post to get my total off of 666

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Only if the Horns had Jericho Jones on their team.....

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    With a runner in scoring position you throw off speed pitches to a guy who showed that he couldn't come close to hitting your fastball.
    Ditto! And I thought the LSU coach was stupid for leaving his pitcher in that kept getting jacked out of the park. WOW! If LSU loses that one, the chigger fans want his head.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Ok.. I now live in TX.. and agree with Tyler. So I can see how people still living in LA could pull for LSU. What I don't understand is how/why people who are current students at La Tech, plan to cheer for LSU this fall when Tech plays LSU in BR. If you really LOVE LSU that much then why not go there??!!?? I'm not here to bash LSU or those who want to go there. I guess I"m just amazed when people don't even support the school they are attending???:bigcry:

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    Ok.. I now live in TX.. and agree with Tyler. So I can see how people still living in LA could pull for LSU. What I don't understand is how/why people who are current students at La Tech, plan to cheer for LSU this fall when Tech plays LSU in BR. If you really LOVE LSU that much then why not go there??!!?? I'm not here to bash LSU or those who want to go there. I guess I"m just amazed when people don't even support the school they are attending???:bigcry:
    Yes, these people will suck, but where are they? Not a single Tech student that post on this board has stated that they'll be pulling for LSU when we play them this season. Not a single one.

I know I didn't. I have stated before and will do it again that I wore TECH BLUE in Tiger stadium last time and next year will be no different.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    Yes, these people will suck, but where are they? Not a single Tech student that post on this board has stated that they'll be pulling for LSU when we play them this season. Not a single one.

No it's other people I know. They don't post on here.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post

I cheered, don't care.
    Nope. If DELGADO COMMUNITY COLLEGE was the top "state" athletic program I'd be cheering against them too. It's called competiton...

Puppy The Great Benzino has turned a few heads around hereThe Great Benzino has turned a few heads around hereThe Great Benzino has turned a few heads around hereThe Great Benzino has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    Nope. If DELGADO COMMUNITY COLLEGE was the top "state" athletic program I'd be cheering against them too. It's called competiton...
    I cant understand this logic at all. I am a tech student and a big fan of tech athletics but I dont understand this idea of "competition" between Tech and LSU. Tech clearly has a lower caliber athletic program than LSU and there's is nothing wrong with that. We are in the WAC and LSU is in the SEC. Surely we can all admit those conferences arent comparable. Tech is regionally recognized and LSU is nationally recognized...just look at the recruits that tech gets compared to the ones that LSU gets in every sport. Also look at the number of pros that the two schools churn out every year. There is no comparison!

WAC schools are our real competition and I dont think we even have the same level of hatred for them that we do for LSU. I dont know about the rest of you but I was actually glad to see Fresno make the CWS run last year because it looked good for our conference and gave us a bit of legitimacy in a way. Why cant we feel supportive of LSU as Tech fans becasue we know that a national championship will bring attention to our state?

I think the true issue is jealousy. Lets all be adults about this, drop the lame name calling (Chigger Lovers, LSBooo, etc) and respect the program that LSU has built.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Benzino View Post
    Why cant we feel supportive of LSU as Tech fans becasue we know that a national championship will bring attention to our state?

I think the true issue is jealousy. Lets all be adults about this, drop the lame name calling (Chigger Lovers, LSBooo, etc) and respect the program that LSU has built.
    1. Why should be feel supportive of any program that is not our own?

2. The state of Louisiana propped up LSU for YEARS and then changed the rules to avoid doing this for other schools. Why is that praise worthy?
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Welcome to the board, Benzino. But this has been thoroughly discussed.

Here's the underlying flaw in your position.

Tech clearly has a lower caliber athletic program than LSU and there's is nothing wrong with that.
    Actually, there is something very wrong with that. It's wrong because their "success" was only established by decades of fraud and corruption, using their legislative and bureaucratic cronies to supress achievement at the state's other instituions.

This arbitrary (and largely undue) favoritism has been well documented. Please take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with this debate on one of the many other threads.

Again, welcome to BB&B.

And to hell with the flagship.

I cant understand this logic at all. I am a tech student and a big fan of tech athletics but I dont understand this idea of "competition" between Tech and LSU. Tech clearly has a lower caliber athletic program than LSU and there's is nothing wrong with that. We are in the WAC and LSU is in the SEC. Surely we can all admit those conferences arent comparable. Tech is regionally recognized and LSU is nationally recognized...just look at the recruits that tech gets compared to the ones that LSU gets in every sport. Also look at the number of pros that the two schools churn out every year. There is no comparison!

WAC schools are our real competition and I dont think we even have the same level of hatred for them that we do for LSU. I dont know about the rest of you but I was actually glad to see Fresno make the CWS run last year because it looked good for our conference and gave us a bit of legitimacy in a way. Why cant we feel supportive of LSU as Tech fans becasue we know that a national championship will bring attention to our state?

That LSU built with the lions share of money from the state going to LSU with the rest left for all other universities... (But that is a whole different thread..):icon_wink:

There are people on here who hate LSU for a number of reasons, and I guess that's ok.. we all have teams that we love to hate in all types of sports. As I stated earlier, I don't understand a few people that I personally know who have stated that they will secretely root for LSU when Tech plays them this fall.. and they are currently Tech students. There are also alumni of Tech who give money to LSU instead of Tech, which again this I do not understand. What happened to "Being true to your school?"

+ Reply to Thread