+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Times Picayune

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Times Picayune

http://blog.nola.com/tpsports/2009/0...s_are_fee.html

1. How many years was lsu reliant on state funds - probably until the dawn of the BCS payouts.

2. Dooley, love him or hate him, gets it and is a better AD than head football coach.

This is the key Tech part (there is a dig in there about us playing lsu for money):

Some, though, are not letting economic conditions deter them. Louisiana Tech has increased its season ticket campaign in football while emphasizing the game experience, which includes a new corporate-sponsored video board, more chairback seating and more convenient ticket service through a deal with Ticketmaster.
    "Companies that survive in tough times are the ones which don't cut back in marketing and advertising," said Derek Dooley, the only combination head football coach/athletic director in Division I-A. "So we are putting an emphasis on growing our revenue streams. "To us, that's not just having a winning football program, but creating a good event with items like our video board, better tailgating areas and improved concessions. You've got to do things that serve your fan base because ultimately they are the ones who will determine if your program is going to survive."

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Re: Times Picayune

Getting good press in NOLA is very important. This is good.

Varsity Bulldog techboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her game

I hate these kind of articles...there was one not too long ago from Baton Rouge if I am not mistaken. It just makes LSU sound like they don't or haven't had to use state money...when we all know they have.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

it just makes it more and more sweet to know that we have had past success and are having success now without $$ from BR. With the exception of our loyal grads down there.

Varsity Bulldog nickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the rough nickdawg67's Avatar

"Companies that survive in tough times are the ones which don't cut back in marketing and advertising," said Derek Dooley

If only most businesses in the area would understand that marketing and advertising are the ways to make it through these "tough economic times". I can't tell you how tired I am of hearing that excuse and then see businesses wonder why they struggle. If people don't know about your product, how do you expect your product or business to grow?

He gets it and this is why Tech athletics will thrive during a "down" economy.

Nick White
    ESPN 97.7

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

GET 'EM NICK.

Tech would be smart to really push the "hey, you should come back to grad school when the economy sucks" angle via some kind of advertising. I wonder if they are.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by nickdawg67 View Post
    "Companies that survive in tough times are the ones which don't cut back in marketing and advertising," said Derek Dooley

If only most businesses in the area would understand that marketing and advertising are the ways to make it through these "tough economic times". I can't tell you how tired I am of hearing that excuse and then see businesses wonder why they struggle. If people don't know about your product, how do you expect your product or business to grow?

Nick White
    ESPN 97.7
    Couldn't agree more Nick. I think it is so smart to invest while the economy is low. When it rebounds we will be in even better condition. More people with more money who are aware of what is going on at Tech will mean more tickets, T-shirts, and LTAC investments. I don't know why businesses/organizations hoard $$$ right now anyway. The market has to rebound at some point, otherwise our entire country goes under. If you appear to be doing well during a down market, you will get more business when it is better.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Nick White
    ESPN 97.7
    I agree, Nick . Furthermore, just to expand on your point, most companies make their largest market share GAINS during a "down" economy, when competitors (and others) are reeling.

HD

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

I've quadrupled my business advertising budget over the past two months and have added radio/TV/ and an upcoming print campaign coupled with recent remodeling. It is working. Dooley definitely "gets it".
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I agree, Nick . Furthermore, just to expand on your point, most companies make their largest market share GAINS during a "down" economy, when competitors (and others) are reeling.

HD
    Add to the fact that Tech has so many untapped resources, not only can we gain outside fans, we can gain a lot of fans and supporters that actually went to Tech. Dooley also knows that. He can take on more risk because he knows we will come out better either way, thus hopefully leading to an absolute blowout in support (hopefully doubling of season ticket holders and increasing average home attendance by at least 33 percent in a few years and LTAC donations up by X percent). It is a free roll for Dooley and I hope he hits the jackpot for Tech and himself.

Varsity Bulldog nickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the rough nickdawg67's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    I've quadrupled my business advertising budget over the past two months and have added radio/TV/ and an upcoming print campaign coupled with recent remodeling. It is working. Dooley definitely "gets it".
    And I fully believe that you sir will see an even bigger increase in your business because of it!!! Very smart move and it will pay off for you! Now if you could talk some sense into more businesses in the Monroe/Ruston area, that would be great!!!

Nick White
    ESPN 97.7

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

And I fully believe that you sir will see an even bigger increase in your business because of it!!! Very smart move and it will pay off for you! Now if you could talk some sense into more businesses in the Monroe/Ruston area, that would be great!!!

Nick White
    ESPN 97.7
    This years income comparison to previous years income over same time periods from last year

+8.3% increase in April
    +17.5% in May
    +14.8% in June

203.1% (No kidding!) increase in profit: previous year comparison. Way better margins due to recession (National recession and Shreveport/Bossier's resistance to said recession causes high-end products to be cheaper/more accessible to retailors) and more attention to product selection/marketing of properly-margined products. Way better (honest) management/staff . Hope our boys do the same at TECH.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    This years income comparison to previous years income over same time periods from last year

+8.3% increase in April
    +17.5% in May
    +14.8% in June

203.1% (No kidding!) increase in profit: previous year comparison. Way better margins due to recession (National recession and Shreveport/Bossier's resistance to said recession causes high-end products to be cheaper/more accessible to retailors) and more attention to product selection/marketing of properly-margined products. Way better (honest) management/staff . Hope our boys do the same at TECH.
    Good stuff Marketdawg...as a beancounter, I love stats.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Now is the time to gain more separation!
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread