+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I wonder how this will end, ultimately

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I wonder how this will end, ultimately

Baldwin Award Vacated

07-02-2009 7:53 AM

(Baton Rouge, LA) -- A state appellate court has vacated the two million dollar jury award for former UL Lafayette head football coach Jerry Baldwin. Baldwin was fired following the 2001 season after having compiled a cumulative record of 6-27 in his three seasons at the helm. He filed a lawsuit, claiming breach of contract and alleging he was terminated because he's black. The university argued that Baldwin's record, not his race, was the primary factor that determined his firing. In 2007, a jury awarded Baldwin two-million dollars in damages. The state First Circuit Court of Appeal in Baton Rouge has sent the case back for a new trial, citing "more than one reversible error, ranging from juror selection to judgment not reflective of the jury verdict."

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Re: I wonder how this will end, ultimately

i would guess that he gets the new trial and wins again, but this time the damages awarded will be closer to a half million dollar range or something in that neighborhood. Depending on if there were errors in testimony or evidence then he possibly could lose this time altogether.

+ Reply to Thread