+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Too much work for Dooley?

Champ teatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Too much work for Dooley?

I just recently talked with a young lady who is on the Tech track team. During our conversation I asked her how good of a job Dooley is doing in the athletic department. I was expecting praise as usual but instead received a negative tirade from the young lady. She said that all Dooley cares about is football and that track gets overlooked. She says that they don't all have matching uniforms (like the other schools). She claims that they did not even take a team picture! (I find that to be extreme though I don't know how true the allegation is). She also said the track coaches consistently complain about having to beg Dooley to get the things they need. They also have to beg to travel by air to long distance non conference meets. It seems to me that the track team has been one of our better teams in recent years.

If these allegations are true, they seem to be a sign of somone that has too much to do.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Re: Too much work for Dooley?

Right....

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

And some people don't have enough to do.

Champ teatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Right....

I have no reason to criticize Dooley, I like the guy. I can't explain how excited I was when I read about the two Tennessee transfers. I also like the fact that we have a replay board and such. He is doing wonderful things at Tech, however if what the young lady is saying is true then those things need to be corrected. If you don't trust what I say, simply research her allegations. She doesn't seem to be a liar.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by teatech View Post
    I just recently talked with a young lady who is on the Tech track team. During our conversation I asked her how good of a job Dooley is doing in the athletic department. I was expecting praise as usual but instead received a negative tirade from the young lady. She said that all Dooley cares about is football and that track gets overlooked. She says that they don't all have matching uniforms (like the other schools). She claims that they did not even take a team picture! (I find that to be extreme though I don't know how true the allegation is). She also said the track coaches consistently complain about having to beg Dooley to get the things they need. They also have to beg to travel by air to long distance non conference meets. It seems to me that the track team has been one of our better teams in recent years.

If these allegations are true, they seem to be a sign of somone that has too much to do.
    I would think these are things that BVD would handle. But, if you talk to several people, you are always going to find some that are going to complain about something. It's only human nature.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

I'm sure they got all the support they needed from the previous administration.

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    I would think these are things that BVD would handle. But, if you talk to several people, you are always going to find some that are going to complain about something. It's only human nature.

Very true.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

I have no reason to criticize Dooley, I like the guy. I can't explain how excited I was when I read about the two Tennessee transfers. I also like the fact that we have a replay board and such. He is doing wonderful things at Tech, however if what the young lady is saying is true then those things need to be corrected. If you don't trust what I say, simply research her allegations. She doesn't seem to be a liar.
    Perhaps it is DD putting the $$ where there will be the most return and bang for the athletic program. That leads to the bolded part above. How is that corrected? With $$. Are you all in?
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

i have no doubt the track team is underfunded, but i'm pretty sure that didn't start when dooley took over. i don't know if he has done anything different from the previous administrations regarding the track team, but you could make a lot of improvement and still leave a lot of room for complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    i have no doubt the track team is underfunded, but i'm pretty sure that didn't start when dooley took over. i don't know if he has done anything different from the previous administrations regarding the track team, but you could make a lot of improvement and still leave a lot of room for complaining.
    What you are all are saying is true, I was just wondering if the guy had too much on his plate with what the state of affairs was when he took over. Things like matching sweats and team pictures don't seem to funding issues but I don't know about those things so I'll leave it alone. I was just surprised when I heard someone speak ill of Dooley because I rarely hear it.

Champ 96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough 96bulldog's Avatar

My experience with college sports leads me to believe most track teams at most schools complain about football getting too much attention.

I am not trying to say the track team shouldn't have or doesn't deserve what she was complaining about, but I am not surprised to hear the complaints.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Damn Dooley.....no team picture!!!!!!!!! Fire his ass now!!!

Geez Teabag, the political crap isn't enough for you to stir up crap, you come over to the sports side and sling mud....no one here is surprised or should be.

When is the last sporting event in Ruston you attended??

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post

Geez Teabag, the political crap isn't enough for you to stir up crap, you come over to the sports side and sling mud....no one here is surprised or should be.

Nobody's stirring crap. I talked to a young lady who attended my alma mater and the conversation about sports kinda surprised me that's all. I decided to share this on this forum because I know that sometimes people on this forum get together and raise money for thing they think are important. The track team having a team picture is important. Maybe not to you, or not even to me, but to that young lady a team picture and a couple of sweat suits that match with her teammates are important. I'm sure that most bowl division schools don't have too much of a problem with team pictures and such. Maybe if our fan base and donor base knew of those deficiencies then we wouldn't either. If I could remember correctly, a big criticism from fans was not having a replay board when nearly all other schools at our level did have one. Why is it any different with the team picture of one of the few teams that have been consistently successful at our school. A lot of you constantly remind me the need to reward success and not mediocrity. I'll stop here though. You've done your job by baiting me into an exchange that helps no one. I wasn't being critical of Dooley or our school. We are all on the same side here and I'm assuming that side is the one that wants to see Tech successful in every sport. As others have said, money is scarce and some things are naturally going to get overlooked. My only question was whether Dooley had too much to do since he's basically doing two jobs and has to handle so many teams.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

I don't think it has to do with Dooley having too much on his plate (i.e, not having enough time to do his job). It has much much more to do with the lack of MONEY. $250k just got cut from the athletic budget due to the state budget cuts. It doesn't surprise me that non-football athletes will perceive that Dooley is more focused on football than the other sports. But that is what makes economic sense and I am sure that is why D.R. hired Dooley for the AD job. Football IS king in the South, and if we can build the football program, more people will join LTAC, more people will buy season tickets, and more corporate sponsors will be signed. This income may then be used to better fund the non-revenue sports.

BTW, you can always donate to LTAC and specify that your donation is for women's track.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post

Come on Teatech, answer Geaux Dawgs question. You seem to have left that out of your response.

+ Reply to Thread